Garruk Relentless (vanguard) freezes game (Investigating)

Asylamb
Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
A member of my coalition said they were having a soft lock whenever they were trying to play Garruk Relentless from graveyard through Disturb ability. I checked the card myself and it was indeed bugged.
When Garruk got enough mana for his Buried cost, I got the prompt to cast Garruk, the Veil-Cursed, and when I hit "OK", the game froze.
The field was almost empty (only 5 gems occupied by supports and no Activated/Snow/Special/etc gems or any support tokens).
Tagged:

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve experienced this, too, but haven’t reported it yet because it takes so long to replicate, making it hard to get a video for proof. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I personally think it has to do with the flip side.  I noticed in another post that some (flip) cards are being sent to the graveyard.   now if this happens and the game tries to pull that reversed side.   we all now this causes the game to freeze.  because the cards isn't on its natural state.  is hope this makes sense.  and it will try to get a video.  
    @Oktagon_Support
  • Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2022
    I think it might have to do with the fact that it's the only support with Disturb (the other Disturb cards are creatures). If I were to guess, Garruk's code was copy-pasted from Disturb creatures and the game is trying to put Garruk, the Veil-Cursed on the battlefield (where creatures are) instead of the board (where gems and supports are), and can't do it, which results in the freeze.
  • Julie71
    video taken and sending now @Oktagon_Support the game freezes when it asks if you want to exile. 
  • Julie71
    edited March 2022
    Asylamb said:
    I think it might have to do with the fact that it's the only support with Disturb (the other Disturb cards are creatures). If I were to guess, Garruk's code was copy-pasted from Disturb creatures and the game is trying to put Garruk, the Veil-Cursed on the battlefield (where creatures are) instead of the board (where gems and supports are), and can't do it, which results in the freeze.
    I was actually able to get it to freeze twice no disturbed creatures in play i just ran the support by itself I did use a creature that dumped my cards into graveyard it was alot easier to try to exile it from the graveyard
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is still an open bug for the disturb event this weekend, right?