Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    It's unlikely that Sersi will get a feeder anytime soon. We've got something like 14 five-stars that don't have feeders yet. It's a ridiculous situation that the devs could easily resolve if they weren't so dead set against retroactive rewards. They need to get over that and catch us up to current releases. They can then have new four stars feed new five-stars. I don't expect this to ever be resolved.

Black Knight was the winner of the contest for character that we wanted in the game. He's an obvious feeder for her since he is part of her love triangle. So whenever he arrives later this year she will have a feeder.
    KGB
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    You mean like how Monica Rambeau was the obvious 5witch feeder?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a blue Wa5p out of classic. She is now 4/4/3, so I’ll probably get on Ant-Man after FA Cap is complete.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Maxed out my third Bag Man. 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I got some more Big Wheel covers so he’s 4,5,3 with a saved cover and 100 shards. I play half asleep sometimes (especially when opening tokens) so I have accidentally applied shard covers when applying covers I get from tokens. 

Sersi is 5,3,2 with 243 shards. I’m going to hoard legendaries until Big Wheel leaves and pull classics with cp for now. I’ll leave Sersi as my shard target and hopefully finish her in a few months. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Sersi is out, Elektra is in, so I'm back to Latest Legends. I did 38 pulls this morning, and got 4x 5* covers (10.5%, all clumped up in the final 6 pulls)

Current Latest:
    Big Wheel: 2/3/2 with 1225 shards
    Abigail Brand: 1/0/1 with 700 shards
    Elektra: 1/1/0 with 375 shards

Current favorites:
    Ultron: 4/4/4 with 156 shards
    Peggy Carter: level 344 with 219 shards - FA Cap is currently 5/3/3 with 290 shards. So I need to take Peggy all the way to 360 to finish him.
    Psylocke: level 193

I was pulling my CP in classic up through yesterday, and got 48 total pulls there. 6 of those were 5*s (12.5%):
    Thanos - Black (453, 25cp)
    Gamora - Red (451, LT)
    Thor - Red (455, LT)
    Hela - Green (454, 250hp)
    Wa5p - Blue (new cover)
    Dr. 5trange - Yellow (451, LT)
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I did something close to 70 pulls today between LT & CP.  Did poorly on 5-star %.

BW: 5/3/5 and now champed.
    Abigail: 4/4/2 with 210 shards
    Elektra: 2/0/1 with 375 shards

Had Doom set as my 5-star favorite and got a nice 500 CP bonus! Now at 3/4/4 with 396 shards.

Walked away with 6 LT and 340 CP.

Time to start hoarding again. I'll probably try to champ Abigail since she's so close, but am really interested in Crystal, so may not chase Elektra, depending on the 5-star that follows Crystal.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Not feeling so great about Big Wheel, I definitely think it was a sketch move pulling classic that long. I hope we get one more feature but I'm pessimistic. Currently 2/3/2 with 1350 shards.

Abigail and Elektra on the other hand have been moving.
    Abigail: 2/1/1 with 700 shards
    Elektra: 1/2/2 with 425 shards

Ultron just needs 263 shards to be champable. I'm debating taking him up to 250 and just letting him ride until his next feature, but who knows how far out that will be...
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    For ultron I would say wait until he is featured in PVE again.  I've had him champed for awhile now and I've never used him unless required, even when boosted.  I tried to run him when boosted but there are always better characters boosted or characters that even not boosted are better than him.  You're not missing out on anything by waiting to champ him.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were you, I would wait for either his feature or his feeder. Both seems to be pretty far away.

Currently, it seems the dev is still continuing the streak from defensive meta, albeit from a different approach (passive healing/damage reduction). If they switch to SAP meta in the coming months, you'll still be in time to champ him along with the SAP meta, if it happens.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2022
    Sure, but what then would I move my 5* favorite over to? At this point the goal is still to champ all the 5*s, and he is the only unfed classic on my plate right now until Big Wheel drops out. I’m probably going to leave it unless I get some sort of epiphany on something else to do with it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure, but what then would I move my 5* favorite over to? At this point the goal is still to champ all the 5*s, and he is the only unfed classic on my plate right now until Big Wheel drops out. I’m probably going to leave it unless I get some sort of epiphany on something else to do with it.

Maybe just pull Ultron up to ~200 shards?  That way you can finish him when he comes back around in pve (250 shards, plus another 50 from either the preceding pve event or the pvp cycle).

And if your goal is to champ 'em all, and you don't have a specific target in mind, I think the next 5* out of the latest pool is always a safe fallback to smooth out any kinks you might be given by RNG.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Hit 370 on Rogue, my fourth max champed 4* now.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I burned most of my CP (about 30 pulls) on the recent Crystal store. Great pull rate, and got me a bunch of Storm and Iceman covers I needed (in addition to a few Crystal covers).  That same at the price of not pulling Electra covers (currently 2/0/1 with 415 shards), so she may get out of LL without being fully covered. I'm ok with that tradeoff since I'm not that excited about her.

Since I haven't been able to get back to pulling classics, the special stores might be a good option if they have classics that I need covers for, since it still gives me a shot at covers for the announced 5-star.  It will depend on where I'm on on covers for 5-stars in LL.

BW is champed, and I only need 2 covers on Abigail. 

Saving CP again to focus on Crystal and follow-on 5-stars.  Running extremely low on ISO.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gert feeds Ultron. What a surprise.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Wow; didn’t see that one coming at all. Guess I’ll move my shard on to Big Wheel.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Finally got an organic red for Big Wheel (2/4/2) with 1744 shards. I hope to get at least one more, but is he dropping out tomorrow or next monday?

Abigail: 2/1/3 with 1000 shards
    Elektra: 2/23 with 725 shards

Crystal: 0/0/0 with 365 shards
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Tomorrow
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Sigh… cover and a half short.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was able to come up with 3x more pulls this morning, and I did get a 5*, but it was a purple for Elektra. I went ahead and applied my Big Wheel covers, he left at 3/4/4 with 256 shards. Maybe he will inexplicably get a feeder soon too like Ultron, but either way he won't take forever to finish via direct shards either. Between Venom Bomb and the next PVE event, I'll actually have Wa5p within a single cover of finishing as well, which will only take 8 Ant-Man covers to do. So these elder Classics are starting to drop off the list. I'm going to keep my 5* shard on BW since my general policy is to not let un-fed 5*s languish in Classic

Remaining Classics un-champed:

Archangel: 3/3/4 with 200 shards
    FA Cap: 5/4/3 w/250 shards (6.5 Peggies to go)
    Jean Grey: 5/2/2 w/330 shards
    Surfer: 4/3/3 w/460 shards
    Widow: 4/1/2 w/ 400 shards
    Ock: 3/3/4 w/405 shards
    Black Suit: 4/3/3 w/ 400 shards
    Big Wheel: 3/4/4 w/ 256 shards
    Ultron: 4/4/4 w/356 shards (Gertie at 3/3/3, still NEW)
    Wa5p: 4/4/3 w/ 140 shards