Necroduality [Investigating]

Options
Benedryl
Benedryl Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Played the new event and decided to test a couple of the new mythics.  Dusted off my Nicol Bolas, God-Pharoah and built a deck that included Necroduality and Moonveil Regent and headed into Training Grounds.  After a bit of work I got Moonveil into my graveyard and Necroduality on the board.  Then I used Nicol's third ability that brings back a creature from the graveyard and gives it zombie status, expecting that Necroduality would reinforce it.  No such luck.  Thoughts?  Is the zombie status attached too late in the process?  

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems Necroduality is in hot demand since this is one of 3 threads in the last week or so.  :)

I would say that when your regent ETB then it is not a zombie, so ND should not reinforce it.

Of course it could be coded to work differently, but I’d expect you to show an example of another combo which had similar wording but a different outcome.
  • Jagman
    Jagman Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I believe it's been reported that B1's 3rd isn't assigning the Zombie sub type to the returning creature. Did you notice if it had the Zombie sub type?  
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.