5* The Leader (Samuel Sterns)

Kelvinkhr
Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler

The Leader (Samuel Sterns)

5 Star Rarity (Epic)

Health: High
Match Damage: Low

Predicted Outcome - 0  AP

(PASSIVE) With his vast intelligence, the Leader has foreseen what was going to happen before it did. When an enemy fires a power, the Leader places a 3-turn Countdown tile on the board that fires off a friendly power at no cost when it expires. 

Level 2 - Effect triggers when an ally fires a power. 

Level 3 - Places a 2-turn Countdown tile and creates a Protect tile of strength 100 when an enemy or ally fires a power.

Level 4 - Places a 2-turn Fortified Countdown tile when an enemy or ally fires a power.

Level 5 - Places a 1-turn Fortified Countdown tile and creates two Protect tiles of strength 100 when an enemy or ally fires a power.

Gamma Genius - 0  AP

(PASSIVE) The Leader has been bombarded with radiation that increased his intelligence to genius-level along with his ego and ambition to match. When an enemy makes a match-5, the Leader creates 3 Trap tiles that, when matched, deal 1000 damage to the enemy and convert 3 random tiles into basic Green tiles. Friendly powers cost 1 less AP for each Trap tile on the board (Minimum 3 AP)

Level 2 - Creates 4 Trap tiles that deal 1200 damage to the enemy and converts four tiles into basic Green tiles. 

Level 3 - Effect triggers when an ally or enemy makes a match-4 or greater. Friendly powers cost 2 less AP for each Trap tile on the board (Minimum 3 AP)

Level 4 - Creates 5 Trap tiles that deal 1400 damage to the enemy and converts five tiles into basic Green tiles.

Level 5 - Creates 6 Trap tiles that deal 1600 damage to the enemy and converts six tiles into basic Green tiles.

Genius Monologue - 0  AP

(PASSIVE) The Leader never misses a chance to show others the true extent of his genius. Friendly Green and Blue matches convert a random tile into a Strike tile of strength 100. If this is the fifth Green or Blue match made, also stuns the target for 1 round and resets the counter. 

Level 2 - Friendly Green and Blue matches create a Strike tile or an Attack tile of strength 100.

Level 3 - Friendly Green and Blue matches create a critical tile. If this is the fourth Green or Blue match made, also stuns the target for 2 rounds and resets the counter.

Level 4 - Friendly Green and Blue matches create a Strike tile or an Attack tile of strength 120 and a critical tile. Fortifies a friendly tile when the Leader makes a match.

Level 5 - Friendly Green and Blue matches create a Strike tile or an Attack tile of strength 140 and a critical tile. Fortifies two friendly tiles when the Leader makes a match.

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    WOW! We are on the same wavelength. I was just getting ready to post my concept for Leader. 

I see you went with all passives which makes sense looking at his Blue. Firing off one of his own powers for free would be possibly overpowered. The continued decreased cost of powers are continued with his Green, which I think is a nice touch. 

My first go to team would be Leader, America Chavez and X character with amazing powers to fire. Leader would not only get me that character's powers for free, but decrease their cost so that I can fire them easily. With the decreased cost, Chavez would have plenty of AP to wreak havoc. Of course, there's also the bonus special tiles from Leader's Yellow.

Nice work. I enjoyed this one. Now I have to post mine.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am glad you like him. I took a look at your take on him and I absolutely enjoyed it, even more so than mine, in fact!
  • SecretAmbush
    SecretAmbush Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Given the immense popularity of Immortal Hulk, it's a shame we don't have Leader yet... Loved your power set! I hope it reaches the mods.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    I was chatting with my alliance that there are a disproportionate number of Hulks when compared to the number of Hulk foes.

Leader and Abomination would be great starts and would make introducing a new Hulk PVE worthwhile.