**** Rhino (Classic) ****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Djbob101 said:
    mdreyer93 said:
    His passive “whenever an enemy SAP is matched or destroyed.. “, is that by either team ? It’s worded that way but that seems overpowered. ( As a side note before phones and video games Marvel had a CCG called Overpower I think . My husband has the set from the 1990s, anyone remember it?)
    YES! I still have about 4 long boxes of my cards in a closet, was thinking of getting them out the other day and convincing my wife to play. Overpower, along with the 90s X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons, were my gateway to Marvel fandom. 
    My spouse said he sold them a few years back, he had 2 complete sets . Back in the late 90s at the dawn of the internet he would order dozens of packs at a bookstore  and sell them online to other players / collectors . He said it was very profitable and there were 4 tiers of rarity from common to legend, and he priced and sold  them at 0.10, $1, $5, $20-25. He thinks he profited about $300/ month which is about $1000/ month in today’s relative currency. I also learned back in the day  nerds would gather in large groups at comic stores and have Overpower tournaments sponsored by the store to win store prizes or special issues . I’m glad we’ve advanced beyond that , PvP MPQ tournaments at a store would be crazy .
    Overpower even Omega Red while this game doesn't. MPQ should really step up there game here.

What about the "amazing" Cyber instead? Adamantium fingers!
    Marvel Overpower cards really did have the worst artwork! I mean what in the name of Odin is going on here with that face:
    Thor's boogie dancefloor shuffle is amazing:
    Are...are you OK Cap? You look a little...uhm...
    Finally bringing us back on topic, I present Rhino The Thinker:

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oof. Rob Liefeld got nothing on that.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

What about the "amazing" Cyber instead? Adamantium fingers!
    Marvel Overpower cards really did have the worst artwork! I mean what in the name of Odin is going on here with that face:
    Thor's boogie dancefloor shuffle is amazing:
    Are...are you OK Cap? You look a little...uhm...
    Finally bringing us back on topic, I present Rhino The Thinker:

I will try to explain it:
    Cyber: ok, I can't explain that
    Black widow: the enemy had electricity charges and in that moment when she was blocking the punch she was being electrocuted. Not her best photoshop.
    Thor: for some reason storm was there and he was trying to stand up in the middle of a tornado. 
    Cap: obviously he was foreseeing cap worthy's nerf and his face was like that.
    Rhino: he looked at this post and he was so annoyed as to pose like that.

As it can be seen the art is not bad, instead the artist took single photos which he couldn't delete and the characters for some reason were looking at future time-space windows and acknowledging fails.
  • DAZ0273
    Behold! The real source of Iron Man's power:

• Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    It looks like 5/5/3 is the best load out. I like Rhino in the comics so this is a good addition.

However we are still missing the most requested Marvel character. Hobgoblin. We need Hobgoblin added to the game.
  • DAZ0273
    It looks like 5/5/3 is the best load out. I like Rhino in the comics so this is a good addition.

However we are still missing the most requested Marvel character. Hobgoblin. We need Hobgoblin added to the game.
    Where was it revealed that Hobgoblin was the most requested character? I mean I am not opposed but I don't remember ever seeing that?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

Where was it revealed that Hobgoblin was the most requested character? I mean I am not opposed but I don't remember ever seeing that?
    I think half my alliance would quit if they put Hobgoblin in , we’ve seen the demographic wanting him . Community guidelines advise I say nothing else. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    As someone with limited exposure Marvel Comics, I find that Hobgoblin looks cooler than Green Goblin. I know their existences when they were showing Spider-man cartoon on TV.

What's the deal with Hobgoblin actually?  :o
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:
    I can't be the only one not impressed by this kit. There are other characters that go after Polaris better...

He doesn't seem terrible, but I would rather take Morbius, Mantis, Sabertooth, or Blob.

He's going to be great. Jump in front mechanic makes him annoying to play against by default. Remember pre nerfed bishop?  @dianetics
  • Bad
    I wonder why all goblins have to be killed although actually spider doesn't wants it, when all the other villains usually take some beating but finally they return to his home having less bruises than a professional boxer or a hockey player. 
    Surely if I was thinking on continuing a Goblin tradition I would think it twice.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    I wonder why all goblins have to be killed although actually spider doesn't wants it, when all the other villains usually take some beating but finally they return to his home having less bruises than a professional boxer or a hockey player. 
    Surely if I was thinking on continuing a Goblin tradition I would think it twice.
    Well Harry assumes the role because he is mentally unwell and blames Spidey for his fathers death but actually it is Goblin's own glider which impales him. Harry actually ends up fighting the next Goblin, his own pyschiatrist Bart Hamilton who becomes the Goblin because, uhm, reasons and that Goblin gets killed in an explosion in that fight.
    So Spidey is innocent!
  • DAZ0273
    edited February 2022
    Right - back to Rhino! Time for a Rhino Fact (TM)
    Rhino has a Sinister Six affiliation but he was only in 4 of the 16 versions of that group and normally a minor player. However, he is a founding member of the Sinister Syndicate together with Beetle, Boomerang, Speed Demon and Hydro-Man!
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks for the Hob Goblin info. It looks like miscommunication and a little bit of ego there among the writers. Saying that someone who looks like him wearing Hob Goblin wouldn't hurt a lot anyway since according to scientists, every person has roughly SIX doppelgangers out there in the world. 

Talking about Doppelgangers, I remember seeing a Spiderman related toy where a character is wearing spiderman-like suit, has six or hands, and the head looks like ant instead. I tried search but I can't find this toy anymore.

As for Rhino, it seems some dislike the Cyborg Rhino. Based on film, it looks like it has more offensive powers, which reminded me somewhat of MODOK.
  • DAZ0273
    Thanks for the Hob Goblin info. It looks like miscommunication and a little bit of ego there among the writers. Saying that someone who looks like him wearing Hob Goblin wouldn't hurt a lot anyway since according to scientists, every person has roughly SIXThat sounds like the " doppelgangers out there in the world. 

Talking about Doppelgangers, I remember seeing a Spiderman related toy where a character is wearing spiderman-like suit, has six or hands, and the head looks like ant instead. I tried search but I can't find this toy anymore.

As for Rhino, it seems some dislike the Cyborg Rhino. Based on film, it looks like it has more offensive powers, which reminded me somewhat of MODOK.
    That sounds like "Man-Spider" from the story where Peter Parker mutates into an actual spider like monster. I think they also did that in the 90s cartoon so the toy could be based on that.
  • HoundofShadow
    That's the one. Amazing!  :o
  • HoundofShadow
    After using Eddie Brock, Carbage, Carnage and Domino with Rhino, the best synergy with Rhino got to be Eddie Brock.

Eddie Brock creates yellow enemy protect tile once for each damage threshold met and Rhino's passive will cause yellow basic tiles to turn into enemy protect tiles more quickly. If you make a yellow match-3 with 3 enemy protect tiles, Rhino's passive triggers thrice, dealing ~14k damage.

Rhino's Shield training build is 5/5/3.
  • Bad
    I always forget venom 4*. Still he creates protects on yellow and rhino doesn't need yellow, also if rhino matches the protects venom will deal less damage on his yellow power. For this sinergy to work better, it would be needed a character multiplying enemy tiles like Polaris does and then morbius sabretooth mantis etc... would be happy.
    Choosing colossus as the required is not the better move as rhino only tanks on green and the battles will be harder because of that.
    If rhino feeds colossus then I could understand it better.
  • HoundofShadow
    Rhino and Eddie Brock have board shakes, and I didn't even fire Eddie's yellow once because matching enemy yellow protect tiles did all the work for me. The only colour to focus on was green, yellow and black. 

The winfinite team of Echo and MODOK could also help Rhino because MODOK creates enemy attack tiles and they focus on red and black aps. I'll give them a spin on 4th day shield training node.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Don't make the same mistake I did and go rhino vs rhino in shield training. That was a bad idea.