Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    I used Agent Venom with Domino before They feed on each other passive ability. I'll throw in Silk for passive healing and let Silk use black aps. Every web tiles destroyed or matched by you heals the lowest health ally.
    But all Domino does is to drop more black tiles... this would create more black matches, more black AP gain. If you're not spending the black AP into Military Might then you'd create the same scenario I had with Polaris + BRB where Flash gathers too much AP (black AP) and then he keeps shaking the board and hurting himself...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    5* Panther's Move or Be Moved is most commonly associated with 5* Thanos's Court Death, but it can be triggered by both returning from Stun as well as returning from Inivisibility. So Agent Venom's yellow will make his allies invisible for the low, low price of 11 ap

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I always wanted to use Flash with 5* Panther. I have him nearly done, so I’ll be able to report back on that in another ~16 LT pulls. But I can confirm BRB doesn’t create protects off of self harm.
    How would these two guys work together?
    When 5* Panther returns from being invisible, he does damage.  Agent Venom yellow makes his teammates invisible for a few turns.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Invisible Woman can do it for 7ap!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Does it do everyone? I feel like it does one or the other usually. But if it’s everyone, I guess Agent Venom is still dead to me
  • entrailbucket
    edited January 2022
    Does it do everyone? I feel like it does one or the other usually. But if it’s everyone, I guess Agent Venom is still dead to me
    Have I got a deal for you! 

At 5 yellow covers, for 7AP, she not only turns both allies invisible for 2 turns, she creates an invisibility tile for herself, and *2* bonus protect tiles!

(I had to look up what that power actually did, because I think it's changed more times than any other power over the years.  In its current form...that's actually not a terrible power?  It's not good, really, but it does a lot of kind of useful stuff for 7.  At 370 you get almost 1000 in protect tiles.)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Ah, I see the problem. I keep her at 3/5/5 and that build just does a random ally. The only added benefit of Agent Venom is that he has that board shake, which I feel can be used to….shake the board some kind of useful way.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's where Silk comes in to spend those black aps to create more web tiles and then heal Agent Venom, unless you want to use specifically BRB/Agent Venom and a third.

Come to think of it, if you have Supports that give 3-6 yellow aps at the start of the game, and you use +2/+4 yellow aps,
     boost, you can turn your team invisible for 2 turns at the start of the game. I remember some players having problems with Carnage/Sabretooth/Kraven. Maybe pairing her with BRB and Polaris might help some players in this node.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 550 Critical Contributor
    All 5* team with a great balance all the way around:

Left: Ultron (5/3/5)
    Center: Daredevil (5/3/5)
    Right: Captain America (First Avenger) (5/3/5)

Rainbow coverage, Rainbow outlets

3 colors of stuns (Black, Yellow, Purple)

Assuming all levels equal, decent healthpack saver in all colors covered by Daredevil or Ultron (3/3+1 including teamups). Cap is “hidden”

Pretty effective special tile focused team.

Ultron plays very well with Daredevil. Since finally champing old Cap, he’s just a great third wheel with a classic feel. Nothing is too flashy about this team, but they shine with their sheer balance in mechanics.

Strikes can stay flush for full Daredevil healing with Ultron’s passive. Cap’s two decent powers can actually shine early with a spammable blue and better AOE buffed by heavy strikes. One of the only damaging yellows in 5* tier to add a nice outlet for the color. Ultron can spam his red as well, though not as rewarding. And of course, Daredevil does Daredevil things and remains one of my favorite designs.

This team can actually take down most any meta with their collective stuns, albeit slow. These are more of the fun matches as you grab a cup of coffee and just puzzle to puzzle. Some challenge nodes can be take with this setup. 
    Obviously, this is just a fun team as I seek new uses for underused 5*’s.

• entrailbucket
    Cap and Daredevil are an awesome pair because they cover 4 colors with good active powers (Cap's red is not good) and they synergize almost perfectly.  Cap's stun helps Daredevil go off, and his blue gets pretty good with Daredevil's strike tile spamming.  The attack tiles created by Cap's yellow give Daredevil's passive an extra trigger which stacks with his green.

There are a lot of good 3rds with those two!  You want someone with an active red and/or black, who can create tiles or stun.  I like Jessica Jones or Deadpool for that but the possibilities are almost endless.  I didn't even think of trying Ultron there but I can definitely see how he'd work.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2022
    Can’t recall if I pitched this one or not, but I started this simulator season with XFDP/Ronan/Hawkeye and if it weren’t for Hawkeye’s very dated health pool it would probably be pretty fearsome. I’ve taken 4 hits so far, and my defense record is 2 wins 2 losses for a mostly neutral point hold which is kind of cool. Basically you do a thing, enemy team does a thing, and XFDP’s 1 turn CDs all resolve meaning you generally have 12-16 blue at the start of every turn for firing off Ronan’s blue and then a slightly lesser amount of red to fire off Hawkeye’s. It picks up steam quite fast offensively considering the characters involved.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sersi 3/5/5
    Jean Grey(Phoenix 5/5/3
    Valkyrie 3/5/5

I’m really feeling this team. I just champed Sersi. My Jean is at lvl 460 so the strongest color is green. Jean is so much better reworked. She tanks better and isn’t as easy to kill but she hits hard. You actually want her dying because her green hits so hard and you’re gonna have a lot of it. Until she dies, you use Sersi’s green and hunt for match 5s. Often I’ll select purple and wait until I have 14 to double cast Jean’s purple. 

Funny thing I’ll do is cast Sersi’s purple on black so when Jean casts her red, there aren’t any black tiles for her put enemy attack tiles on if there are more than 4 strikes on the field. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Not my creation, but I came across someone using Legion, Yellowjacket, and Miles Morales. Whoever you are, 1-good job and 2-you're a meany. Ideally, target purple to get Miles invisible first. Legion's blue will fortify Miles' invisibility tile. Fire Legion's black to turn him invisible. Finally, turn Yellowjacket invisible. For the rest of the match, just protect invisibility tiles and you save on health packs as long as the opponent isn't using AoE.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2022
    Just champed Melinda and a Ghostpool/ Valkyrie/MMay gives 7 red AP every turn so it’s a very nice team , she’s at 355

Also works great as a winfinite with Shang C but it’s much slower  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Trying to find interesting Sersi teams, so I took 5* Lord/Sersi/Hela into simulator. The plan was to use Sersi to make yellow for Star lord, who would convert enemy strongest into charged green, so Sersi could fortify all the attack tiles Hela spams on blue and pump them up. That circle works well as long as the enemy team’s strongest color isn’t green, because in that scenario Star Lord just charges some existing greens. There is special steal and tile overwrite on this team, as well as passive AP earn punishment, and conditional burst healing. It is pretty fun but the two very dated wingman characters tend to go down against most modern teams even if you win. Still, it’s a fun power synergy to me.

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Trying to find interesting Sersi teams, so I took 5* Lord/Sersi/Hela into simulator. The plan was to use Sersi to make yellow for Star lord, who would convert enemy strongest into charged green, so Sersi could fortify all the attack tiles Hela spams on blue and pump them up. That circle works well as long as the enemy team’s strongest color isn’t green, because in that scenario Star Lord just charges some existing greens. There is special steal and tile overwrite on this team, as well as passive AP earn punishment, and conditional burst healing. It is pretty fun but the two very dated wingman characters tend to go down against most modern teams even if you win. Still, it’s a fun power synergy to me.

Sersi is definitely underrated.

I'm experimenting with her and Shang Chi. Just need to figure out who the third one should be to make as many match 5s as possible. Maybe Riri for her blue shenanigans.  

Her green and pink are really good. I don't even have time to use the whole revive mechanic of her before the enemies die. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    i think she is too. I've currently been focused on characters  who make specials on a single color like Hela, or characters who really want fortifications in play, but she needs a green battery. I feel like Shang-Chi is the obvious partner, probably with Onslaught to keep the cascades coming, so that's why I've been looking for non-cascade play things to do with her tile buffing. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Sersi (with green at 4 or 5 covers)
    BRB
    Polaris
    Loads of fun.

Always use Sersi's green to select blue tiles, over and over and over again. Pick whatever (non-blue) you want for her purple.
    Blue cascades everywhere (which means easy stun-lock via Polaris) and increasingly monster (fortified) strikes and protects all over the place.
    BRB gens you more and more green/blue AP like crazy.

It's almost winfinite, but not quite. Stun-lock is almost a shoe-in, though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Odin/Sersi/Green Goblin

Your mileage is going to vary on this team because Odin is extremely unreliable as a defender, but it's pretty fun. Use Sersi to get rid of a color you don't care about first, then use green to create purple for Goblin to use until you can fire off his purple on either Blue to stun everyone, or Black to create wild strikes that you can then pump up again with Sersi. It would be really nice if Odin were better at defense, but it isn't too bad once you figure out the loop.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate all the Sersi ideas, keep them coming.  I want to champ her soon.

Can someone try out a team for me?  
    Sersi (center) + Ultron (left) + Kitty (right)

Turn 1: Collect purple 
    Turn 2: Use Sersi to restrict purple
                Collect Green, Red or Yellow 
    Turn 3: Sersi creates 1700+ strike
                Ultron creates 1000+ strike
    Turn 4: Sersi creates 1700+ strike
                Ultron creates 1000+ strike
                Kitty buffs the 4 strikes by 700
                ***Strikes total 8,200
    Turn 5: Sersi creates 1700+ strike
                 Ultron buffs 1 strike by 1000+
                 Kitty buffs 4 strikes by 700
                 ***5 Strikes total 13,700
                 Fire Sersi Green to fortify & buff
                 all strikes of a chosen color by 1200+
                 ***5 Strikes total 14,900 or 16,100
                 Or fire Kitty Red to create attack tiles
                 Or fire Kitty Yellow to create protects

***Each turn they create or buff 5,500 in strike tiles. If your strikes get matched away, Sersi & Ultron will create 2 per turn.  If there’s too much purple, bring a cheap TU to destroy purple, like Shang’s Red, or Quake’s Blue.