***** Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) *****

18910111214»

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just when you think that we have moved beyond the complaining that the game hasn't been optimized to an individual's playstyle. This is my fault, I guess, for thinking the forum should be about actual game play and not telling everyone the developers are screwing up by making the game wrong. My bad. 

Thank you!!  It is refreshing to see someone admit they are wrong and at fault. People don't really admit to being wrong. Very cool.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Borstock said:
    I ran her with Apocalypse, and I will say that isn't a very safe team to bring on a shield hop because of how long it takes to resolve all the CD shenanigans. She could possibly be a somewhat effective piece of a troll team along the lines of the old Medusa + Carnage + Reed team. 

Haha. Just experienced this. Fired Apocalypse black and was like...uh-oh. The way Brand heals she might be a good third in SIM with Apoc on defense.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Given the usual discussion of hoard busting, who is better, Brand or Gamora?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were to summarise these two's abilities in one sentence:

Gamora: single and AoE attacks with anti-defensive meta mechanic

Abigail: repeater/cd based team regen ability

My guess is that majority would likely skip these two but the votes would go to Gamora if they were forced to make a choice.

With the above descriptions, you should be able to decide which type of abilities suit your current playstyle.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Big Wheel does have a dandy Circle of Crime™ though.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like Abigal is in need of a 5* that doesn't yet exist.  Maybe it will come.  And maybe it won't.  Poor 5*Magneto is still waiting for his partner.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    His partner used to be Danver5 and Polaris, but sadly she was taken from us before he landed.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    I feel like Abigal is in need of a 5* that doesn't yet exist.  Maybe it will come.  And maybe it won't.  Poor 5*Magneto is still waiting for his partner.
    All Abby needs is a 5* with a 5 Black power that places a 1-turn repeater which stuns the target for 1 turn. So she can constantly drain AP and burst heal the team while a threat is neutralized. This new 5* could also have a yellow passive that deals damage for the total amount of friendly health bursts. Other than stuns, you could also change the enemy’s strongest color with a green power that places a 1-turn repeater which reduces the target’s match dmg, deals small dmg and burst heals your character. Then Abby would shine! 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    1-turn repeater

Do any other characters have a 1 turn repeater? I can only think of T2rch and his green doing damage based on green ap. 
  • HoundofShadow
    3*: Blade
    4*: Throg, Torch, Monica, Ghost Rider, Hellcat, SuperSkrull, Lizard, Legion, Magik, Morbius
    5*: Kitty, SW

5* GR and 4* Wasp has 1-turn cd that recreates itself. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    From the top of my head:
    • 3* Blade black puts a black 1 turn repeater
    • 5* Ghost Rider green is kind of a 1 turn repeater
    • 5* Kitty purple
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Just looking over her kit again after rostering her last night, and wow that yellow active is wretched. 5ap to make a 2-turn random cd that just reduces some other random CD or repeater to 0? What a useless excercuse is shuffling deck chairs.
    There are definitely some teams that could use this power (Ronan comes to mind), but it seems so suboptimal compared to existing alternatives, like 4* Carol who has this same power but way, way better because it happens immediately and you can select the cd, or just bringing a useful damage dealer like like big wheel who will have a bigger, more predictable benefit in way less time.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    Just looking over her kit again after rostering her last night, and wow that yellow active is wretched. 5ap to make a 2-turn random cd that just reduces some other random CD or repeater to 0? What a useless excercuse is shuffling deck chairs.
    If you have 10 yellow AP, you can have Abigail put down her countdown, then have Carol instantly resolve it.
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2022
    Vhailorx said:
    If you have 10 yellow AP, you can have Abigail put down her countdown, then have Carol instantly resolve it.

Which will be super useful for the 1 puzzle quest match a year that has "resolve X countdown tiles" as the win condition.
  • bmOptimus
    bmOptimus Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    How is her yellow power a countdown tile and not a repeater?  Would still be bad but would be better than useless.
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2022
    bmOptimus said:
    How is her yellow power a countdown tile and not a repeater?  Would still be bad but would be better than useless.

That yellow power is truly baffling. Hard to come with more of "shuffling the deck chairs" type power that sucks up AP and time for zero utility in most circumstances. They must have been extremely scared of unintended consequences from immediately proc'ing repeater tiles.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being a 2 turns cd is bad, but of course, it's also her healing passive, so imo it's a good idea to set it at 4.
    At 5 it's just a fortified cd.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think they are more afraid of players asking for nerfs.