Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got Gamora champed on Day 2 of Strange Sights; I kind of liked her boosted but I’ll have to see what she is like in regular events as well.

I spent about 6 pulls in Classic, got a level 454 of Lumbercap for my trouble. I’ve got a pair of LTs saved up for tomorrow when Brand lands there, I’ll be back to all in on Latest chasing Sersi then also. 5 more vultures to go for Spider-Man.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I also got enough shards from this PvE to champ Gamora. I paused using cp for Classics a bit ago and will probably need it going forward for a bit to work on Sersi and Big Wheel which are both 1,1,1 without enough shards for a cover. 

I’ve saved up 32 Latests to pull tomorrow when Abagail enters. I’m not going to spend cp yet, but probably will unless I get super lucky with Sersi with tokens over the next month. 
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Looks like I'm going to be 1 cover and 40 shards short on Gamora. Just 4 of her in the last 129 pulls. On the plus side, Sersi is done with 2 saved and Big Wheel is 0/3/3 w/ 700 saved so I should be in classics for a while. 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    With Gamora out, I made 68 pulls between LL & CP (that's everything I had).  I really needed a non-green cover to finish Sersi, but ended up pulling two green covers, so the hunt continues.

12/68 five stars, so 17.6% pull rate.

Gained 8 LTs & 100 CP from rewards.

Got a Sersi yellow on the first pull, so she will be finished with shards from her next event. Back to hoarding until she leaves LL. Currently 7 LL & 117 CP.

Sersi @ 2/5/5 with 275 shards
    BW @ 2/3/1 with 1027 shards
    Abigail @ 2/2/1 with 385 shards

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been able to pull about 5 LL today, and got a cover for Brand out of it so that's reassuring. I ended up pulling another two classics yesterday and got a Jessica Jones champ level as well.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    As a last minute hail mary I sold my max champ bagman for the iso to champ lockjaw, who had 27 saved covers. Used the LLs and CP for a few more shots at Gamora and got one on my last pull! My experiment intermittently switching to classics has worked out so far.

Now I dont have any LL or CP to pull for Brand yet, but oh well, I'll get enough shards for a cover in her first feature. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Pulled a yellow for Sersi, so I was able to burn my shards and get her to 4/4/4. Probably only has one feature left, so I’m hoping for an organic pull before she drops. I also got a 370th for Kingpin, my third max champ 4*. Vulture is 3 covers from completing Parker, and I still need a cover and a half for Ultron.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Pulled an organic green for Sersi, so she is champed now. I have kind of a long time to wait for Electra to drop in but I’ll probably sit tight for a little bit and consider if I want to try on Classic or not. I really like Big Wheel and don’t want to jeopardize it. He is 2/2/2 with 1050 shards, and I just don’t feel like that is a safe bet.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I like champed Sersi much better than I was thinking I would, but I haven't really found a non-Shang-Chi team that can really showcase her deal that I'm happy with yet. She seems like she can really pump up specials a lot on green.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I like champed Sersi much better than I was thinking I would, but I haven't really found a non-Shang-Chi team that can really showcase her deal that I'm happy with yet. She seems like she can really pump up specials a lot on green.
    Sersi (at least 4 covers on green), BRB, and Polaris are hilariously awesome.
    Only use green AP for her to select blue tiles.
    Enjoy!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah I don't know; I wanted to use her with Odin and Heimdall, because she fortifies everything and that puts her at 5/5/5 which she really wants to be more than most characters seem to, but that team didn't really work in simulator. She does stuff I like, I just need to figure out the pieces.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sersi works well with cascades machines, like Onslaught. My fave team now is Shangi-chi, Onslaught and Sersi. Use her purple to target colours you don’t need, and match 4 and match 5 will occur at a great rate. 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2022
    atomzed said:
    Sersi works well with cascades machines, like Onslaught. My fave team now is Shangi-chi, Onslaught and Sersi. Use her purple to target colours you don’t need, and match 4 and match 5 will occur at a great rate. 
    Me too.  My Onslaught and Sersei aren't even fully covered, and I prefer this trio over all others.  Many matches end in a cascade.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been getting a decent number of LT rewards, so I've opted to keep going in Classic for at least a little bit here. No 5*s yet though. I did get a shard cover for Archangel out of the start of this PVE, so he is now 3/3/4. Nightcrawler is at 341 though, so he would need to get finished via direct sharding or a lucky classic pull. Vulture is at level 359, so Parker Spider-Man is nearly complete. First Avenger Cap is actually pretty close to complete relative to the others - he has 5/3/3 with 440 shards, and Peggy is at 338, so I'll be chasing her after Vulture. Of course I'm pretty iso-dry after champing Sersi and Ock recently, I have about half of what I need to champ Parker.  Ultron needs 644 shards to be finished. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Spider Man: Peter Parker is now fully covered at 4/4/5 by grinding Vulture to 360. I still need ~200k iso to champ him though. It took 48 days to take him up 20 levels, so doing that math I was earning 0.42 Vulture covers per day. I find this metric interesting, should make projections on future shard grinds more predictable.

I moved my 4* fav over to Peggy who is at 338, so taking her 12 more covers (29 days of shard grind) to 350 will leave FA Cap 60 shards short of done. We'll see if in that time he isn't featured one more time in PVP or PVE to close that gap, or if i'll have to direct shard him. 

Ultron needs 605 shards to champ. 

I've just been walking my 3* around chasing LT champ levels now that all my flipped 3s are re-champed. I currently have 18 LTs in the bank.

Rogue is at 369, seems likely to be my 4th max-champ 4*. The game has always seemed to want me to get covers for her though, even before I was grinding for Gambit. She used to be my highest organically covered 4* for the longest time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    2* Storm was maxed out so I sold her off and champed Parker. I’m probably going to start sitting on CP again till Sersi drops out. I only got on 5* Thanos out of the 24 pulls I did, but I got a lot of shard progress out of it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've continued pulling out of classic, got a red for Gamora to break that dry streak. I also landed a starter cover for my 4* Kingpin dupe. I set my 3* to Psylocke to help the Peggy grind, since it turns out I miscalculated the shard numbers and I'll need to take her pretty much all the way to 360 to finish Cap. She is currently 340. Ultron is now 572 shards from completion. I have 26 LTs banked up.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    It looks like I’m going to miss badly on covering Sersi. I just can’t seem to get her covers much. She’s at 9 covers while Big Wheel has 11 and Abagail 9. Hopefully she’ll get a feeder fairly soon. 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    It's unlikely that Sersi will get a feeder anytime soon. We've got something like 14 five-stars that don't have feeders yet. It's a ridiculous situation that the devs could easily resolve if they weren't so dead set against retroactive rewards. They need to get over that and catch us up to current releases. They can then have new four stars feed new five-stars. I don't expect this to ever be resolved.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Ultron shards popped up in my store today, so I burned my HP in the 60 I needed to get to 4/4/4. So working on my last cover for him now.