Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Ares76 said:
    Had to buy my first roster slot for 2,000 HP today:-(

It hurts. 

Gonna sell some max-champed 3 star where the dupe had more than 70 saved covers when I'm in need of slot #302. 
    My current roster is 150 ( I could probably cut to 100 without victory or placement loss ) and increases by 25 a year , so I’m guessing I have 6 years until I hit that wall . 
    I knew that you would comment exactly like this before I posted :D

But you already know that most players have another opinion on that. 

Of course both can play like they want. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have seen players with over 500 roster slots. So, if they can handle it, I don't think they will reduce it to 1000 to or 1500 per slot. They have already reduced it from 3000 to 2000. So, that's the best they can do.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    I lost to Devil Dinosaur, Spider-Ham, and Howard the Duck in the Daredevil node of the Simulator using Kitty and Grocket today. I’m not sure how or why or if it would ever happen again if I tried. But I do remember a lot of cascades, biting, and talking pigs. Shang-Chi and Valkyrie avenged their deaths. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was having fun with Vulture/Domino/Valkyrie in the Balancing Act PvE.  Not the most efficient team, but fun nevertheless.  Vulture could usually get airborne on the third or fourth turn.  I was cruising along right up until I hit the final node on the chain, with 5-star Doom.  Without thinking, I just hit "FIGHT!" and started the match.

Suddenly, all those black matches were worth 2 AP, and healing up Doom for more damage than the black matches were doing.  Three Fallen Favors later, he finally goes down after Vulture's green goes off a number of times.

I switch to Grocket/Polaris for the next couple of matches...which took about a minute each.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I entered the Brand PvP before my first cup of coffee and somehow ended up in Slice 5. I guess I will go for 75 wins instead of 1200 pts. 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely 'first world problems here' but got Okoye cover for daily reward, naturally my 5/2/1 became 6/2/1
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn’t paying attention during my daily pack openings and character levelling.

Used shards to give Valkyrie and extra champ level.  I really need to stop doing this before she gets too big.

PS. Hey devs Feature Request.

Allow is to hide character in our roster like in the steam client where they are in their own separate list. If they are hidden we don’t get cover notifications or anything 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opening 50 heroics using the 'claim 50' button. Got 0 4*s. The RNG bruh....
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    On the bright side I opened 5 and got four 4* and a 3*, including Doc Ock and Ikaris
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:

Imagine opening 50 standard tokens and getting like 2 2stars. Rest 1star.

Bruh!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    After 3 years playing I just learned you don’t need all 3 artifacts to fight Kaecilius and can fight him every day . This explains why I finish 50 places lower in this PvE than every other one . 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited February 2022
    40 Mighty token pulls , 40 three stars. I’m too tired to calculate the odds of that .
    Edit:  Now 60 pulls , 60 three stars . Is it broken? Has anyone pulled a 4?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    When I farm my 2*s, I usually wait until I have 50 saved covers and one more cover so I can champ, sell and roster in one go. Today I was so stupid to level to 94, forget to champ and sell. 50 saved covers and all the rewards that go with it down the drain  :'(
  • sambrookjm
    Today's fun corner case - Finding out that Ikaris does not revive if he is downed by iHulk's revival damage, even if your team has 15 yellow AP.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2022
    Having to re-select my low level dupe XPool in the PvP Matchmaking event after every single match because the game kept repeatedly switching him out with one of my other Deadpools.

The game is over 8 years old. Why is this still a thing?

If I select a specific character to play a match, the game should not change that character on me.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Today's fun corner case - Finding out that Ikaris does not revive if he is downed by iHulk's revival damage, even if your team has 15 yellow AP.
    That sounds like a bug to me.

The description for Ikaris' yellow does not say that he has to be downed by the enemy, just that if he's Downed at the start of your turn and you have more than 9 Yellow AP, drain all Yellow and Revive him.

If he's not being Revived and it is because he was Downed by a friendly power (iHulk, Thanos, Sentry, etc.) that sounds like a bug.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    After 3 years playing I just learned you don’t need all 3 artifacts to fight Kaecilius and can fight him every day . This explains why I finish 50 places lower in this PvE than every other one . 
    It's always best to check your points on the leaderboard as soon as you finish your clears to make sure that you have the same amount as other people. Once in a blue moon I'll think I'm done with my clears and then see that I'm short like 200 pts somewhere and then will need to do one more clear on an easy node.
  • sambrookjm
    shardwick said:
    It's always best to check your points on the leaderboard as soon as you finish your clears to make sure that you have the same amount as other people. Once in a blue moon I'll think I'm done with my clears and then see that I'm short like 200 pts somewhere and then will need to do one more clear on an easy node.
    Or, since is the "WORST MPQ Moment" thread, you'll find that you accidentally did an extra clear for a node without realizing it.

Like I did yesterday.   :s
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    shardwick said:
    It seems in this event the points are different depending on which order you play the realms . I could be wrong . Plus I’m not one of those lemmings that play “ I must stop at 3 clears like everyone else does “. ( it’s fine though if your gameplay is to wind up in a 164 way tie for 5th and then ignore the game for 22 hours, I just don’t let a video game dictate my life so i play anytime I have leisure time ) So I don’t look at other players scores as I don’t play to compete. As a side question, does any specific order of doing the realms have a benefit ?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Points get higher with each passing sub. So, for Strange Sight, playing for higher scores mean clearing the harder sub first. Harder sub = higher clearing time = fewer points maximised.

So, the hardest to easiest realm/choices would be middle node (Sentry nodes), first node (Maggia) and lastly, the third node or the Ninja nodes.