remove boosted 5* from PVP or open up MMR to make others visible

illusionist_KA
illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
as the title says it. the 120 level boosts are getting ridiculous. these low level rosters can see the normal 550 players, but not the other way around. MMR only shows the 550 rosters and not anyone else. We are well aware of high scorers but they are blocked by mmr. Please remove the boost, or lower it to 25 or 50 levels .these teams should not be beating the normal 550 roster. this has made the game less fun, and i've seen this get more tedious and boring lately.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you sure non-boosted 550 players can't see lower rosters? I got beaten by non-boosted 550 or boosted 672 teams in pvps quite a number of times, unprovoked. 

And why shouldn't we be beating 550 rosters if we could do so?  >:)
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    and i've seen this get more tedious and boring lately.

-
    To me, it just changes the common teams you see each week.  

If no boosts, you see wanda colossus, BRB + other, Okoye + iHulk  etc.

If boosts, you see combinations of 4 or 5 of the boosted, and sometimes 2x unboosted.

By the time I get 400 points in a climb I am already bored of the matchups.  

I agree that it would be interesting if they make it so everyone can "see" everyone else.

Two improvements they could maybe do is let us target players that are shielded (not so they lose points, but so we can get satisfaction etc of beating them)

And maybe increase the number of nodes in PVP from 3 to 5, 6 or 10. So you can target more things at once rather than seeing the same 6-7 people when you reach certain thresholds. 
  • illusionist_KA
    Are you sure non-boosted 550 players can't see lower rosters? I got beaten by non-boosted 550 or boosted 672 teams in pvps quite a number of times, unprovoked. 

yes, i can guarantee you that this is a fact. because of 550 mmr, when we all start, we will queue each other for hours and hours. even though there are 15 people above us and some that are shielded at 1200, we can't see them climbing or hopping.  I'm in S5.   but it sucks when these basic boosted rosters can see the normal 550 teams, but we can't see them.  the Caveat , is when we eventually break MMR (around 1k, depending on how much is remaining in the event) we can then see everyone including the people above. at the point, it does no good, since most are shielded.

my point is, it's like fighting never ending PVE CN over and over again....the boosts have slowed the game down drastically and made the matches longer. then you add the damage deniers.....very frustrating.  If you want the ability to hit me from zero, then i should see you from zero as well.  

• HoundofShadow
    I've been to s5 multiple times. Hitting 1000 is brutal because tons of players will start hitting you. I spent over 1000 hp just to hit 1200. 

The boost have made things slower for 550 rosters but for most players, it's almost the same unless they don't have the boosted 5*. Then, it makes things slower for them.
  • illusionist_KA
    I've been to s5 multiple times. Hitting 1000 is brutal because tons of players will start hitting you. I spent over 1000 hp just to hit 1200. 

The boost have made things slower for 550 rosters but for most players, it's almost the same unless they don't have the boosted 5*. Then, it makes things slower for them.
    I've spent 1k HP to make sure people don't hit 1200 in S5.  so there's that.   you want easy scoring, go to s1 or s4.  don't plan on getting 1200 in the other slices.
  • illusionist_KA
    HoundofShadow said:

let me put this in terms you may understand. here we are. bright day at a Gran Touring race track. amazing cars, amazing racers, gorgeous weather on this day.  you decide to bring your toyota Prius and a free turbocharger from TRD.  boosted and tuned to 2k HP. people are staring at you. you bring your hooptie to this amazing race. you can run around with the ferrari, the porshe , audi to name a few.  you automatically think, you belong here, just because you can. doesn't mean you should.  your little prius belongs on a race track with similar people.  you don't belong where people have invested time, money to get their cars in racing conditions. 

i want you to beat me with your regular unboosted roster ,where i can see you and find you on a regular basis from zero.  let's make it an even playing field.  you want to compete, compete fairly.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2022
    And 550 rosters are stealing placements spots from baby champed rosters in non-scl 10 pvps or pves, and it's fair? Maybe you like to tell them they don't belong to anywhere lower than scl 10.  :/

I think it's fair that we are beating your "kind" easily with boostered characters. Even without boostered characters, anyone with a champed SC can beat almost any 550 roster (iHulkoye might not be possible), once the winfinity starts rolling.

Sniper got sniped or Enforcers got enforced. It looks natural.