Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed Dr. Str5nge! No idea what I will use him for but his stun is still up there and his zap can be nasty.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I champed Dr. Str5nge! No idea what I will use him for but his stun is still up there and his zap can be nasty.
    He's an excellent third with Thorkoye against the Mindless ones.  He covers the Blue and Purple that those two miss, and Mindless Ones just love using their powers.  Plus, as you siad, a three turn stun that drains AP and does damage is nothing to sneeze at.

And although it's meaningless in terms of the game, I'm #1 in my Deadpool Daily queue today.  :smile:
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes I wish I have a champed 5 Dr Strange so that I can use him in nodes where goons fire powers 3-4 times in a row. Pair him up with Kitty/R4G to beef up his passive flame. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I’ll have him champed the next time Echo or DoC Ock show up in PvE. Can’t wait . 
  • DAZ0273
    Y'know it didn't even occur to me about boosting the passive zap damage but my Okoye isn't champed so it might be better to use Apoc and 1/2 Thor in this case. Kitty/R4G is for sure an option too though.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kingpin to 280, letting me roster Daredevil.  All characters in game currently acquired with a few 3* duplicates on Day 791.
  • sambrookjm
    Noticed that the 4-star in my Taco: Spicy vault today was Black Panther.  Leveling him up would give me enough shards to get my 5-star Panther to 4/4/4.  I start pulling tokens, expecting to need the usual 30+ to get the four star I'm looking for.

First pull - 4-star Black Panther.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Got over 2x Full Progression score and 14th place in CL10 of HOD this weekend. Not bad for my lowly roster with zero 5* champs.
    It's the first time I ever finished full clears and full grind on all of the nodes in sub3 of HOD since I moved to CL10 about a year ago. Heck, I usually gave up on sub3 part-way through even back when I played CL9.
    It was in a New Release event, nonetheless.

While I rarely push hard for placement in CL10 PVE, it's nice to know that my little roster can still pull it off when I actually want to try. Now back to casual play again...
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I usually use my tokens on a regular basis (except for LL), but after someone else's post, I decided to to hoard tokens until I got 124 Heroic Tokens, 255 Elite Tokens, and 100 Mighty Tokens.

Heroic Tokens netted me 6 x 4* covers, 2 LL from progressions, and 50 bonus shards for Throg. Not bad.

Elite Tokens got me too many maxed and sold 2* than I could count, 1 x 4* cover from progressions, and a LL from progressions.

Mighty tokens delivered 20 x 4* covers, 50 bonus shards for Throg, shards to level level 2 x 4*, a 5* Wasp cover from progression, and 4 LL.

Take-away: 
    1. Thank goodness for the quick claim button. 
    2. Although hoarding anything other than LL and CP isn't really necessary, it is fun.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Akoni said:
    I usually use my tokens on a regular basis (except for LL), but after someone else's post, I decided to to hoard tokens until I got 124 Heroic Tokens, 255 Elite Tokens, and 100 Mighty Tokens.

Heroic Tokens netted me 6 x 4* covers, 2 LL from progressions, and 50 bonus shards for Throg. Not bad.

Elite Tokens got me too many maxed and sold 2* than I could count, 1 x 4* cover from progressions, and a LL from progressions.

Mighty tokens delivered 20 x 4* covers, 50 bonus shards for Throg, shards to level level 2 x 4*, a 5* Wasp cover from progression, and 4 LL.

Take-away: 
    1. Thank goodness for the quick claim button. 
    2. Although hoarding anything other than LL and CP isn't really necessary, it is fun.
    I have over 400 of those 3 as well saved up because they’re mostly useless once you reach 5* unless you’re a farmer / collector 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    I just max champed Bagman.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    My new favorite against goons is Doc Block , he literally blocks  all special tiles from being generated more than 1 turn . Ideas for his best partners ?
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    My new favorite against goons is Doc Block , he literally blocks  all special tiles from being generated more than 1 turn . Ideas for his best partners ?
    Shang Chi definitely. Blob can be a great 3rd, especially against SAP creators. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Blob would overlap. Doc blocks all SAP from being created, Blob would have nothing to feed off. 
  • DAZ0273

Nicely done ahead of April Fool's Day! Of course then you'll have to start a dupe...
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:

Nicely done ahead of April Fool's Day! Of course then you'll have to start a dupe...
    The farm must go on. :)

The hardest part was giving him a spot on the roster to begin with. But is there any easier way to get an LL?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

The farm must go on. :)

The hardest part was giving him a spot on the roster to begin with. But is there any easier way to get an LL?

A max champed Bagman is an MPQ badge of honour. B)
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Blob would overlap. Doc blocks all SAP from being created, Blob would have nothing to feed off. 
    Doc (we're talking about 4* Doc Ock here, right?) doesn't block SAPs from being created, he removes them at the start of the turn. So make sure Blob is ahead of Doc so that he converts the lower ones to countdowns before Doc removes them.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    I got em all!  Happened over the weekend (Day 432) while I was pulling from LL's I got 2 Mr. Fantastic(also my 4* favorite) covers bringing him to LvL 278.  Had the shards to bring him to LvL 280 and unlock my first Silver Surfer cover and the only character I didn't have on my roster.  Woo!!
    I did this as well on Monday , my first Archangel cover , but Surfer was the penultimate cover needed to complete. Congratulations 
  • sambrookjm
    edited February 2022
    A standard token got me a 2-star Black Widow.  I am in the middle of building her dupe up for my farm, so I leveled her up.  Once I got out of that screen, I noticed that I had a quest available to claim: 25,000,000 ISO used to level up characters.  The reward was a Green Goblin cover, which I used to champ him and use the two saved covers he had to bring him to LVL 452.

While it wasn't the 2-star --> 3-star --> 4-star chain that is Magical Christmas Land, I'll happily jump over those intermediate links and go straight form 2-star --> champed 5 star.