Match Making Rating (MMR) in PVP

2»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun to reminisce, but would *definitely not* be fun to go back!  The game was much different in those early days, and not for the better.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember that too; they quickly changed how shields worked afterward.  There have been many times in the early days where players would exploit the mechanics of the game.  First there was the heal to full health when adding 1 level to a character. Then OBW true team healing exploit by using easy Campaign nodes.  Later the infamous 1 point node grindfest.  Then we have the long list  of broken character powers that were nerfed.  

I would say the devs have gotten smarter over the years about considering potential exploits and curbing it before release.  
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    if i recall properly, we need more events like Sakar Arena. where it was a small group of players and lasted an hour i think. It came out a long time ago and the devs gave up on it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    if i recall properly, we need more events like Sakar Arena. where it was a small group of players and lasted an hour i think. It came out a long time ago and the devs gave up on it.

They ran it twice - first time was bugged which = good, second time not bugged which was no different to a Lightning Round really.