Release Notes 5.4.0

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

What’s New

• Additional Puzzle Masters (PMA) card set, the boosters from each color will receive new cards.

• On February 8th, all Puzzle Masters (PMA) Boosters will be available in the Vault at the same time.

• New Event

• Battle From the Ages 

• Event Type: PvE

• Entry fee of 100 Mana Crystals

• Deck Restrictions: Legacy

• Rewards: Progression

• Number of nodes: 1

• All Planeswalker colors are allowed;

• Event Duration: 46h

Special Rules

Face randomly chosen opponents in sequence. You can lose up to 3 matches per entry and play up to 7 matches. Each victory grants you 10 points, and each defeat grants you 5. Your rewards will be based upon your score.

Each battle features a different enemy. Event supports may be spawned according to the opponent.

• Changes:

• Angels’ Embrace (Valentine’s Day Event) had a revamp, the name, art, and rewards were changed. Please check the changes below:

• Name: Devour in Flames

• Description: Spread the love in this Red-only Planeswalkers event.

• Art:

• Rewards:

• The rest of the event remains the same: Legacy, PvP, 2 Red Nodes, and Supercharged.

Event Nodes Of Power: The Standard Booster reward in the Nodes of Power event now includes cards from Innistrad: Crimson Vow (VOW). (The Booster contains duplicable cards.)

Event Emrakul's Corruption: Changed to 100% Legacy

• Fixes:

• Fixed the issue where the game crashes when the player tries to open an image or video attachment on a Helpshift ticket

• Fixed the issue where Warlock Class Support Card (AFR) lose life effect doesn't trigger Ob Nixilis' lose life abilities

• Fixed the issue where the Summon! objective on Terror in the Shadows event doesn't count Vampire supports

• Fixed issue where every card that created White Vampire Tokens was creating Black and Red Vampire Tokens.

• Fixed issue where Dungeon Master Planeswalker's (AFR) second ability (all levels) had the wrong text.

• Fixed issue where the Innistrad: Midnight Hunt (MID) Vanguards were name and subtype reversed.

• Fixed issue where Vanguards could sometimes not be selected when boards were shuffled, either because there was no match to make or because of a d20 roll.

• Fixed issue where Nahiri, the Lithomancer Support card (AFR) has the incorrect description on the first ability.

• Fixed issue where Professor Onyx Planeswalker's first ability at level 3 was not working properly.

• Fixed issue when Kasmina, Enigma Sage Planeswalker using second ability to create Unsolved token while the board was full of tokens or special gems resulted in a soft lock.

• Fixed issue where cards with Lesson were not displaying this evergreen in battle.

• Fixed issue where Vanquish the Horde Spell Card (MID) evergreen (convoke) not working.

• Fixed issue where Planeswalker Wrenn and Six were dealing combat damage on their second ability.

PMA Card Galleryhttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4385466481568534&type=3

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Regarding the new PMA cards. I have a few questions regarding the wording and meaning of the cards, see each card below.
    • Chandra’s flame wave - what does “each opposing target means”? Is that all creatures on the battlefield and PW. 
    • Chandra’s flame wave - The ignite part, If I can’t do what, fetch or deal damage or both?
    • Coffin queen - if I choose a creature from my opponents GY, does the part about reinforcements also refer to my opponent’s GY.
    • Crimson hellkite - any red support gem, does that include event rule gems? (Which change colors when matched).
    • Dictate of Karametra - isn’t there a mistake in the wording. Raise the negative with +1 means a -2 becomes a -1, (which a boost) shouldn’t it be -3?
    • Bone miser - this card already exists with the same name and art. Does that mean the existing masterpiece can’t be on the table with the PMA creature?
    • Ajani’s last stand - this card already exists with the same name and art. Does that mean the existing mythic can’t be on the table with the PMA support?
    • Jareth, leonin Titan - any white support gem, does that include event rule gems? (Which change colors when matched).
    • Kaleidostone - how are multi-colored cards handled, let us say I have the five colored dragon (niv-mizzet reborn) in hand, does that gain full main and nothing else?
    Hope @Oktagon_Support can elaborate.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    @Oktagon_Support I hope the entrance fee is a mistake.  Like the event last that accidentally gave 1000 Mana Csrytals for a reward
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Tremayne said:
    Regarding the new PMA cards. I have a few questions regarding the wording and meaning of the cards, see each card below.
    • Chandra’s flame wave - what does “each opposing target means”? Is that all creatures on the battlefield and PW. 
    • Chandra’s flame wave - The ignite part, If I can’t do what, fetch or deal damage or both?
    • Coffin queen - if I choose a creature from my opponents GY, does the part about reinforcements also refer to my opponent’s GY.
    • Crimson hellkite - any red support gem, does that include event rule gems? (Which change colors when matched).
    • Dictate of Karametra - isn’t there a mistake in the wording. Raise the negative with +1 means a -2 becomes a -1, (which a boost) shouldn’t it be -3?
    • Bone miser - this card already exists with the same name and art. Does that mean the existing masterpiece can’t be on the table with the PMA creature?
    • Ajani’s last stand - this card already exists with the same name and art. Does that mean the existing mythic can’t be on the table with the PMA support?
    • Jareth, leonin Titan - any white support gem, does that include event rule gems? (Which change colors when matched).
    • Kaleidostone - how are multi-colored cards handled, let us say I have the five colored dragon (niv-mizzet reborn) in hand, does that gain full main and nothing else?

and what are all those cards with "artifact plains" type? will those count as lands, or is it just a typo?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tremayne said:
    Good questions, but two of them I think can be answered:

Flame Wave has the same wording as Magma Opus, which includes the planeswalker and creatures. I see no reason that would be different.

Dictate of Karametra, in paper, increases mana gains of both players, so it is probably intended to be a boost similar to Ghirapur Orrery.

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I really don't want this to go unnoticed so I want every one at @Oktagon_Support to know that I absolutely love that this is the first time ever you give us a specific date when we can expect new content to be released.

This is huge because Magic Puzzle Quest is equally a game of Puzzle Questing and resource management and this lets us plan what to do with our resources.

I hope that this will be the norm going forward and we don't have to just guess when the new sets will drop in the game.

Thank you!
  • gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2022
    What my man @BongoTheGrey Said... I am totally pumped for the new cards and can't wait to get them going :)

#GrindingForGoldTillThe8th
  • gozmaster
    Hey @Oktagon_Support

How many times can we enter the  New Event: "Battle From The Ages"?

Is it limited to once, or as many one-hundy gold as I can squeeze into a 46 hour binger?

Asking for Nalthazar :wink:
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Only now I see that the fabled 100 crystals event is a pve... I don't know if feeling relieved (less probable to encounter looper decks) or worried (a string of seven tiamat from YFE)
  • Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker

• On February 28th, all Puzzle Masters (PMA) Booster packs will be merged into one Booster Pack only (all colors booster).

Please don't do this and keep them separate. This is bad for everyone who is not dumping all their resources to get each mox or buying massive gold to get each.
  • wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Battle for the Ages has a pretty steep entry price.

Wonder if that means it may have PMA packs as a reward.
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    This glut of cards only obtainable with gold causes me to feel frustration and resentment rather than excitement - particularly hearing that they're all going to be thrown together rather than kept separate making it much more difficult to obtain specific cards we want.  With so many new cards on top of the regular set schedule it is becoming unreasonably difficult to keep up. 

And what is it about this new event that justifies the 100 gold entry?
  • Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Thank you so much Rebeca!
  • Entropy42
    Entropy42 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Hello everyone,
    Adding only the PMA Booster Pack (all colors) on February, 28th will be postponed. The separate Boosters for each color from the Puzzle Masters (PMA) set will continue to be available.

I'm not aggressively collecting PMA yet, but glad to hear you won't be doing this.  Letting people pick a favorite color to work on seems a lot more fun.
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Thanks for the clarification!
  • Nalthazar
    Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    gozmaster said:
    Hey @Oktagon_Support

Is it limited to once, or as many one-hundy gold as I can squeeze into a 46 hour binger?

This has nothing to do with me :p. You will almost assuredly be able to enter once per time the event runs and get your rewards. A standard pack is pretty sweet though!
  • gozmaster
    Nalthazar said:
    gozmaster said:
    Hey @Oktagon_Support

This has nothing to do with me :p. You will almost assuredly be able to enter once per time the event runs and get your rewards. A standard pack is pretty sweet though!
    My Friend, it's ALL about you... :P

Always.
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 91 Match Maker
    @Oktagon_Support on which of these dates were you going to add the new PMA cards to the game?
    Today or the 28th?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get a preview of the expected contents of the Standard prize pack?
    Will it be dupe or non-dupe? Will it contain all of Standard, including PMA? Will it have the same rarity distribution as a regular set pack?
    Since the event is so expensive - and a single loss can cost you a lot of value - it would be great to have full clarity into all details of the rewards.