***** Big Wheel (Jackson Weele) *****

12345679»

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I would bring this up since because I was trying to figure out what was happening.

I got Big Wheel up to a respectable level. But since he is boosted his match damage is outpacing SC in the first turn.

Im running Valk/SC/BW in that order.

If you place big wheel in front like in the 5* node your matches that proc Valks bounty hunter will go green.
    If you have SC in front and you make a red a purple match the match damage increase proc increases before Bounty Hunter giving you the red AP you want.

If you run this team you will always want Big Wheel in the last position for Bounty Hunter.

it is also awesome when you get a wheel spin proc at the beginning of your turn after Bounty Hunter resolves on the board and you blow it up right away, which can help to keep your SC streak going.

This team is something special and one of the most fun I’ve had in a long time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think what's happening is that as you make red or purple matches, SC's match damage increases. Since his match damage is updated immediately, this turned the team strongest colour to red. Since my BW is still at low level, you might want to test with your BW if this theory is right.
  • dianetics
    edited January 2022
    This is correct. In the 5* node BW must be first in this event. So his match is resolved first giving you green.  the challenge node you can place him last and you can get red if you match purple or red first

If you use BW you want him to resolve last 
  • HoundofShadow
    I tried SC/Colossus/Valkyrie in this order. In the beginning, strongest was yellow. When SC red is higher than Colossus's yellow, I gained red aps. So, I don't think placement of characters determine the aps gained via Valkyrie's black cd in this specific scenario. Rather, the strongest colour right before the moment of Valkyrie's cd is placed determines the ap gained.

But I think I might be missing something else?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    If BW green and SC red have the same exact strength then placement matters only until Shang makes enough matches that red overtakes green as strongest color. Otherwise Hound is right.

I play Valk several times per PVE with Hulkoye. When Hulk dies and revives once, Valk becomes useless. This is because Hulk’s match damage increases and green overtakes yellow as my teams strongest color (yellow because of RTF support). Once green is the highest, Valk collects it and I have no outlet for it. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    SC tanks everyone as long as you continue developing his combo as there is no character in game having more match damage than him on any color.
    So valkirye gives the strongest color at any time regardless on the order the characters they are.
    Stop SC combo and valkirye will give another color.
    But it's so easy as to notice that all tiles become changed by SC's sign.
  • dianetics
    Sorry I wasn’t so clear I had two different ideas running in my head at the same time.

If Big Wheel is in front he will spin the board before Valk places her new bounty. If he is in the back he will spin after her resulting in a potential bounty at the beginning of your turn. Helping to to keep SC combos going.
    So you want to place him in the last position because of this.
    I wanted to note that if BW is at a high enough level you will likely get green from the bounty in the early game instead of red.

My bad for the word salad.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2022
     As long as you put Valkyrie before BW, you could luck into activating Valkyrie's cd. That's what I do with my Ultron/Valkyrie/Polaris team.

I look forward to champing  him or bringing him to good coverage in 14 days.

I think playing with Big Wheel often enough can improve your visualisation skills. In some IQ tests, you have to visualise rotating the figures to find the matching ones. While BW's is a fixed 2-D 90 degrees rotation to the right, I don't think it's that easy to visualise and find matches within 2-3 seconds. I think I'll note down how long it takes me to find free matches and see if I can improve my timing after using him for 3 months.  :D

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    BW's red is really easy to figure it out, is just a small 3×3 square rotating to the right.
    However if playing SC then this power should be forgotten as SC's is more important, and it restores health, and it's kind of easier to get good matches.
    I recorded a video before playing both.
    With SC, BW should focuse on green, and that it's way harder because first you must imagine the centered 4×4 square which will rotate( even description of the power is vague) and then figure it out right the rotation which is hard for the human brain. I use to focus just on making 1 match, and if there happen to be more, it will be wellcomed. There is also the speed points factor, if you fire it at 20 no matter if there are matches or not the enemy  team will get damage and waiting another turn that option will fade.
    So actually those 2 are really funny to play although it's most complicated than it seems. 
  • dianetics
    Totally, BW red has little use unless there is a dangerous tile in a corner. The green is a free spin that helps to remove strike tiles / specials in the center of the board.
    I really only use him to hit speed points and spin the board. This can often result in great success for SC because you can turn matches into Vital Balance 3/4/5 matches without ending your turn. There may be other characters better than BW, but the mechanics work so well together right now it is my go to PvE team.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed this guy and I have to say, pairing him with 1/2 5thor and SC is an amazing team.  I mean 5thor gives you a good chance of getting  bursts of charges on BW and he gathers red for SC.  SC red and purple both add charges to BW and then self-feed if you play him right.  BW then goes off passively multiple times for great damage and then his green is a backup that can save SC charges on bad boards and then it can cause cascades itself, fueling SW charges again!  

I have found my new favorite team I think for some time!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    I just champed this guy and I have to say, pairing him with 1/2 5thor and SC is an amazing team.  I mean 5thor gives you a good chance of getting  bursts of charges on BW and he gathers red for SC.  SC red and purple both add charges to BW and then self-feed if you play him right.  BW then goes off passively multiple times for great damage and then his green is a backup that can save SC charges on bad boards and then it can cause cascades itself, fueling SW charges again!  

I have found my new favorite team I think for some time!

Yup, as expected (in at least a few threads here) BW is a good combo with SC and halfthor. He has lots of board shake options and passive damage that can help smooth out the downside risks of SC (namely a bad board that will wipe out your charges).
    That team has no stuns, or ap suppression and only a little defense though, so I imagine it will be unusable in some harder pve nodes (less sure if there is a good defensive team in pvp that can counter this lineup).
    For as much of a joke as the character is, the mpq implementation is a solid third-wheel option for several 5* teams (pun intended!).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing a lot of Big Wheel in simulator now, generally tied to Onslaught/Shang-Chi. It turns out he hits pretty hard, and that team is sort of AI proof in that the general chaos of board shake is all they really want, so his moves getting used on random tiles works as well or better than trying to snipe. I'm curious what other teams he might be good with. Mine is still a cover and a half shy of champing, but i'll get there shortly from milestone shards.