**** Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) ****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited March 2022 in Character Details

Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes, S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Agent Melinda May is a master martial artist, markswoman, and spy. She is one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most dangerous agents, and her fighting prowess, resourcefulness, and dedication to duty have made her a legend in the agency. Just don't call her The Cavalry."

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4038 Health / 14956 Health
 33 | 42 | 37 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 23 | 4.0x
 65 | 85 | 74 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 43 | 4.0x

Sure Shot - 8  AP
"If I need a gun, I'll take one." Agent May lines up her sights and fires a few perfectly placed shots into her target. Choose 2 basic tiles. Deals 528 damage and destroys the chosen tiles. If all chosen tiles are the same color, deal 686 damage instead (destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP). (Max level 1028, or 1337 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 723 damage, or 940 damage if chosen tiles are the same color. (Max level 1408 damage, or 1832 damage)
  • Level 3: Chosen tiles can include enemy Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles.
  • Level 4: Destroys 3 tiles. Deals 908 damage, or 1180 damage if chosen tiles are the same color. (Max level 1768 damage, or 2300 damage)
  • Level 5: Destroys 4 tiles. Can destroy any enemy special tile. Deals 993 damage, or 1290 damage if chosen tiles are the same color. (Max level 1933 damage, or 2514 damage)
Calculated Strike - 5  AP
Agent May finds the perfect opening and swiftly incapacitates her foe. Stuns the target for 1 turn(s).

(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy returns from Stunned, create a random 2-turn Countdown tile targetting that character. While it's on the board, that character's matches and powers deal 111 less damage. (Max level 216 less damage)
  • Level 2: Creates a 3-turn tile that reduces enemy damage by 269. (Max level 523 reduced damage)
  • Level 3: Countdown tile reduces enemy damage by 602. (Max level 1171 reduced damage)
  • Level 4: Stuns the target for 2 turns. Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile.
  • Level 5: Stuns the target for 3 turns. Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile that reduces enemy damage by 805. (Max level 1566 reduced damage)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Agent May's duties include overseeing the training of new recruits and ensuring they stay in one piece. Whenever an ally takes at least 18% of their total health in damage, that ally is granted a burst of 408 health. Once per turn, if an ally would deal at least 15% of the enemy's total health in damage, that ally gains 1 AP in the strongest color. (Max level 794 health)
  • Level 2: Restores 502 health. (Max level 977 health)
  • Level 3: Restores 502 health when ally takes 15% of their health in damage, and generates 2 AP when an ally deals 12% of an enemy's health in damage. (Max level 977 health)
  • Level 4: Restores 632 health when ally takes 12% of their health in damage, and generates 2 AP when an ally deals 10% of an enemy's health in damage. (Max level 1231 health)
  • Level 5: Restores 632 health when ally takes 10% of their health in damage, and generates 3 AP when an ally deals 8% of an enemy's health in damage. (Max level 1231 health)

Release Schedule

Release Events:

Story

Hearts of Darkness - Jan 27 - Feb 1

• Rewards tokens to the Hearts of Darkness Cover Pack

• Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) in Placement rewards

Webbed Wonder - Jan 31 - Feb 4

• Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - Jan 30 - Feb 4

• Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) shards in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Melinda May & Friends vault

Versus

High Stakes - Jan 27 - Jan 31

• Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) in Placement rewards

May Day - Jan 30 - Feb 2

• Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Melinda May & Friends vault

Offers

Melinda May & Friends - Jan 27 - Feb 4

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Melinda May cover

• 1x Black Widow (Infinity War) 4-star cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Luke Cage (Hero for Hire) 3-star cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Thor (Marvel NOW!) 2-star cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    These are cool sounding powers; can’t wait for the numbers.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah looks very nice, the blue seems to stun for at least 3 turns and is super cheap.  And the yellow seems to reward good damage with AP?  And red letting you choose to destroy whatever you want?

Can we make this a 5* lol.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    This guy would be one of the best 5* in the game!

But there's no way they'd give us a 5* with a 3-turn stun (plus that CD tile!) for 5ap -- he'd shut down all the overpowered passives.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should've been a 5*.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Looks like a top tier character. Maybe not T5, but T10.
    Imagine his Blue passive with Mantis or someone else who stuns a lot. Might be able to reduce the enemy team to kittens if the numbers are good enough (a percentage instead of a flat number makes him useful vs 5*).
    Of course since Polaris strongest color is Blue, he will be awesome with her because her passive will generate damage which will generate Blue AP :smile:
    He might be the rare 5/4/4 character depending on the numbers for Blue/Yellow.
    KGB
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah this character is gonna be OP.
    The red power lets you destroy looks like at least 4 tiles of your choice normal or special. Useful against all your creators and can set them back early. You can use this to create cascades or match 5s aside from just destroying pesky tiles.
    A blue stun for 5 ap that looks likely to be 4 turns (few+more+more) seems very exploitable. +2 ap and a match 3 and you can fire this thing off on the second turn and take their top character out for 4 rounds.
    A yellow that gives a passive health boost for taking damage and gives AP in your strongest color for dealing X damage and the way that is worded....
    "Whenever an ally would deal at least moderate % of the enemy's total health in damage, that ally gains few AP in the strongest color"
    So think of your characters that do passive damage or multiple attacks per round? Does this apply to say Polaris who can doing match damage, damage from matching specials and then also her damage for tiles on the board? If Shang-Chi does multiple matches in a single round and they each reach that threshold is he getting extra AP each time? Scarlett Witch passive etc.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    All three abilities are awesome. 

Red ability destroys any enemy special tiles, and possibly up to 5 of them. It's better than Karnak's and Echo's.

And that blue stun costs only 5 aps? Potentially, it's a 4-turn stun and a 4-turn cd. This power and match damage reduction seems to be a hard number, rather than a percentage.

The yellow power is tricky because the ap gained is based on a percentage of the total health of enemy. If we were to use it against 5*, 10% of Wanda's would be ~6k. It reminds me of Valkyrie's cd. Even though the damage dealt can't be accumulated over 5-turns, but it will keep on activating. It's great for SC since his damage should be able to keep up with the damage. Potential ap gain is 5. 

I smell winfinite again  :p

4* characters are on a roll again. 

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    The other part of that yellow is that it generates AP based on doing a % of damage equal to the enemy health. So lets say that is 10% for example. If somebody is using Apocalypse and Colossus then you are looking at needing to do 8-9k to trigger that passive. Now if somebody is using Beta Ray Bill and Polaris you only need to do 1300 or so damage to Polaris to trigger that same passive.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    This looks like a 4* that even 5* players might like using.

Curious about the wording of Yellow.  It says ""Whenever an ally would deal at least moderate % of the enemy's total health in damage, that ally gains few AP in the strongest color".

It's a question about the word "the".  Is it in "the team's" strongest color or in "the ally's" strongest color.  I feel like a modifier is missing in the sentence but definitely could be wrong.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mid-tier health.
    Low cost stun.
    Potentially overpowered red.
    The yellow seems great too.
    This is a great third potentially second for a lot of teams.
    No idea about the clue though.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 4*'s tier release of the year.
    Dock ock was quite good and versatile but this one will make rethink whom of them a 5* player will use.
    Only thing left if is this character feeds SC and I'm turning crazy.

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022

dianetics said:
    Mid-tier health.
    Low cost stun.
    Potentially overpowered red.
    The yellow seems great too.
    This is a great third potentially second for a lot of teams.
    No idea about the clue though.

So done some digging on a thought about the "mounted-relief" clue.
    I found a character that had a sword that incapacitates opponents by affecting their nervous system. Like the blue power.
    The character also had a shield that absorbs power from enemy attacks. And then he can use that absorbed enemy towards the enemy. Like the yellow power.
    The character also has red, blue and yellow color scheme.
    The character rides a horse.

I called that first on Jan 11th , being it was the most obvious, and the devs almost never release the obvious. Also that theorized 4 turn 5 AP blue stun is off the charts scary , especially with a Valkyrie and a blue 5 like Ultron. Throw in a Heimdall / Kimoyo Beads 3 and it’s stun lock on turn 4. The next few 5* better be unstunnable with no prerequisites. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    This is how you do a support character. Agent Brand, please take note.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    These powers sound great and if it is Black Knight then I am all in on that - gets me closer to a Roger Stern Avengers team that I have wanted to run for ages and with Hercules coming at some point no doubt due to the poll just need a proper Monica as Captain Marvel. 😁 Oh an upgraded Vision would be good too.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Mounted relief makes me think of the cavalry, a.k.a, Melinda May from S.H.I.E.L.D. Also, why can't we get 5*'s this good? The 4* tier is getting all the good stuff.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I found a character that had a sword that incapacitates opponents by affecting their nervous system. Like the blue power.
    The character also had a shield that absorbs power from enemy attacks. And then he can use that absorbed enemy towards the enemy. Like the yellow power.

Totally makes sense to me...except this was one of the heroes we voted on last week in the character poll. The timing just seems off, unless they have all of those characters designed already.

Could be a Shield character like May that Thanos suggested, since Coulson said in whatever that show was something about calling in the cavalry.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:

Totally makes sense to me...except this was one of the heroes we voted on last week in the character poll. The timing just seems off, unless they have all of those characters designed already.

Could be a Shield character like May that Thanos suggested, since Coulson said in whatever that show was something about calling in the cavalry.

In the "Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D." tv-show, Melinda May's nickname was "the Cavalry" because she was the one people called in when things went very, very south.  She herself didn't like the nickname because her last active mission ended in a pretty traumatic disaster - but yeah, they referred to her in that way multiple times.
    I agree that May seems a lot more likely than Dane - we'll probably get the Black Knight at some point, but this is too soon for anyone in the polling.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding how good the character is, it will all depend on numbers, but she definitely has potential to be good to very good, and be a great support character.
    We'll see in a few days, I'm sure.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Regarding how good the character is, it will all depend on numbers, but she definitely has potential to be good to very good, and be a great support character.
    We'll see in a few days, I'm sure.
    "she"...?!?!?! 🤐🤐🤐