What's New MPQ - Updated 1/24/22

Comments

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    Any plans to feature Echo again as the 4* essential in PVE? Featured in the 1st week of December and then the echo has truly faded.  Based on the placement rewards from Thick as Thieves, it looks like we'll have Ikaris for the 2nd time joining The Hydra Stomper who has also featured twice since Echo's release.

A total of 7 feature runs for Hydra Stomper has made sure everyone playing SCL7+ can have their own champ purely from progression. Is this the new standard for 4's?
    New characters are not featured again after release until they rotate into tokens. New 4*s rotate into tokens at the start of the PVP season AFTER their release cycle of events has concluded. The new season has not started yet (will start Thursday), so Echo hasn't rotated into tokens yet, so Echo hasn't been featured again as an essential character.

It's certainly not new, because this is the same way it has been since... well, it's been several years at this point. Nothing is out of the ordinary, Echo will get her turn just like the rest. It's a little delayed due to how the seasons were handled for the holiday season, but it's not unexpected or unusual.
    There's been an absurdly long wait time for new 4*s to move into tokens the last year because the iron-clad new release schedule lined up in the worst possible place with the season schedule.  They fixed it for about a month only un-fix it for the holiday season, and hopefully now it's fixed again until the anniversary.

I wish they would un-tether 4*s and add them to token pools a set time after their event ends.  It absolutely kills interest in a character after their release.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    ... They fixed it for about a month only un-fix it for the holiday season, and hopefully now it's fixed again until the anniversary.

I wish they would un-tether 4*s and add them to token pools a set time after their event ends.  It absolutely kills interest in a character after their release.
    They fixed it with a week longer off season in April/May 2021. It was fine up to this holiday couple of seasons. 

BTW, another thing I hope we return to with the schedule is Boss events at the end of a season. :) 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Mounted Relief?  Is this about Black Knight?  
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Mounted Relief?  Is this about Black Knight?  
    The character is in the Eternals movie, which is released on Disney+ tomorrow. Perhaps another tie-in?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Removed off-topic posts. Please be aware that posting lone emoticon posts are a violation of rule 14. Please make sure your posts are relevant to the discussion. Thank you!
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2022
    The Lost in Time event rewards shows Abigail Brand. Sersi is listed on page one here.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    The boosted list in Lost In Time show Captain Marvel is boosted, not FACap.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    two 5 star PVP's in a row. That's over kill. Phoenix than Abigial Brand. 5 Star pvp's suck they are health pack eaters.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed the Phoenix PVP - not started Abigail's yet but I want all the legacy 5* who never got their own PVP to have one personally.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah Phoenix cost zero packs because of the revive. 

Drabby will cost zero packs because I’ll be using the loaner. 

Like any PvP the L/R characters will need healing but it’s nice not having to use packs on the featured character. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Mounted Relief could be the Jane Foster variant Valkyrie,
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:
    Mounted Relief could be the Jane Foster variant Valkyrie,

Gotta be Black Knight after the Survey. Plus he can feed Sersi.
    KGB
  • Ptahhotep

Gotta be Black Knight after the Survey. Plus he can feed Sersi.
    KGB
    Only if they knew the results of the survey before they ran it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    We will never know the results of the survey, they will be whatever they tell us they are. J/S
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Neko
    Any chance to get the boss battles realigned to the end of the season?  For most of last year the boss events coincided with the last weekend of a season.  Thanks.
  • LazyHex
    LazyHex Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Mounted relief in Western = Cavalry

The cavalry , Melinda may from SHIELD?
  • JasonLikesToTravel
    JasonLikesToTravel Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    Still in 3* land but Ikaris is one of the very few 4's I own and with a few covers too . Might get my first crack at completing the Deadpool Daily 4* star next week :smile:
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    What the hell, why theres TBA for next week?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was holiday in US on Monday, so I guess they will update tomorrow.
  • Ptahhotep
    I thought it was to hide the identity of the new character.