Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    We succeed or fail at the mercy of RNGeezus as always.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Have 14 5* champed, just pulled back to back 5s from classics... Goblin and Thanos, who are two of those champed. *facepalm*
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    This feels like it should be true; it’s not like I’m pulling so many 5s out of Classic that they make the difference so I’m wondering if it was that I hadn’t been favoriting Next Out all that time. 
    So if one figures to get 4 covers from shards through SCL10 and Sharget then you should only need 2.1 LL pulls a day to get the remaining covers. I used @BlackBoltRocks (#pulls/day=(#covers*20)/84) math from earlier this thread. A goat sacrifice or two will still be necessary to get Tymora on your side. 

If you’re managing 2 LL pulls a day you only need another 1.5 from classics to generate enough shards through favourites. But there are many more LL tokens in 5* champion rewards than in 4*, so you will need a good 5* farm going as well as the late stage 4* farm I think. To never have to spend cp on LLs again that is. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Looks like I did squeak in a last minute blue. So he is likely going to drop out later at 4/3/3 with 376 shards after applying my two full shard covers. About the same as happened to Sighclops I guess; could have been worse.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    With Ultron rotated out (but still favorite), I was able to champ him with seven pulls.  I picked up a Gamora cover, which is enough to champ her between upcoming shards and three saved covers.  Looks like I'm hoarding LL & CP until Gamora rotates out. Sersi only needs 3 covers. BW now set as favorite.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I pulled five Classics today and got cover 13 for Loki and a couple of PvEs ago a Hydra Stomper cover gave me enough shards to champ Killmonger. So now I’m up to 50 5* champs. 

Also pulled cover 12 for Gamora. I only have 63 shards so I’m not sure if I will get enough shards to finish her before she leaves or I need to pull for one more cover. Sersi is only 1,1,1 and Big Wheel has 2 covers. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Pulled a green for Sersi and then my first Big Wheel back to back earlier. Current Latest:

Gamora: 2/3/4 with 1240 shards
    Sersi: 1/2/1 with 715 shards
    Big Wheel: 0/1/0 with 390 shards

Favs: Ultron: 4/3/3 with 424 shards
    Vulture: Lvl 344 with 129 shards (SMPP is 4/4/3 with 170 shards)
    3* is still walking around rechamping recently flipped 3s
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Pulled an organic Frost earlier, so I now have a second max-champ 4*. Sersi is 2/2/1 also.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Picked up a green for Big Wheel, currently 1/0/1.

I've noticed that I'm starting to creep toward iso-8 positivity at this point, but that is likely an artifact of not having finished Ultron before he dropped out. Because of the way I only put iso into finished characters all at once generally, I've been hovering around 500k iso and now climbing over 600. I am anticipating Ultron, Spider-Man (peter parker), and Gamora to all finish up around the same time, so I'm sure this illusion will shatter in short order. Echo and 4* Doc Ock are still not fully covered as well, so there are more than a few looming iso sinks. 
  • dramatist
    Picked up a green for Big Wheel, currently 1/0/1.

I've noticed that I'm starting to creep toward iso-8 positivity at this point, but that is likely an artifact of not having finished Ultron before he dropped out. Because of the way I only put iso into finished characters all at once generally, I've been hovering around 500k iso and now climbing over 600. I am anticipating Ultron, Spider-Man (peter parker), and Gamora to all finish up around the same time, so I'm sure this illusion will shatter in short order. Echo and 4* Doc Ock are still not fully covered as well, so there are more than a few looming iso sinks. 
    It takes longer than you think to get Iso positive, but you are starting to see the end of the road. You’ll get there pretty soon. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I would consider myself iso neutral at this point for the most part. It does take a really long time to get even that far I’d say.
  • Zalasta
    RW - I sense that I'm in the same spot. Transitioning to ISO positive. All 4's champed except the last two, and able to champ 5 stars when fully covered. Need 1 cover for Gamora, but she's been leveled as high as possible. Currently sitting on 700k ISO and growing.  This game moves slow though, so I don't know that I'll really know it until later this year.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Outside Latest, I still just have the 10 classic 5*s to champ, so it’ll be here soon enough for sure. Once everyone is covered, I think I’ll use my 4* fav to force feed my 4*s up to 330. I’m beginning to suspect that having a critical mass of them there, where the CP drops start to be 7ap, might be the Classic Safety Threshold.
  • Zalasta
    I still have 29 classic 5-stars to champ, with the best of them only half covered. It's hurt me to have to use my CP in LL to keep up, instead of classics, but it should help my ISO positivity.  I'm still not convinced I can champ all of the latest at my current CP/LL acquisition rate.  I have a lot of 4's at 320+, with my highest at 352. Still a lot of work to do there. Currently using favorites to chase desired classic 5 star covers.  Sitting on 11 LL and 308 CP, waiting for Gamora to exit LL.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm still all-in on Latest until Gamora drops out; seems like I might be chasing her right up to the bell since I still need 1.5 more covers for her.

I have 74 4*s that are below level 330, all but the most recent two are champed. So that too will be a pretty long road I think to push them up to 330. Of my unchamped classic 5s, Nata5ha remains my worst covered at 4/1/2, the rest are varying spreads of 9 or 10 covers with just Parker at 11. All of them are fed save Ultron who I'm still working on directly, and is 4/3/3 with 475 shards currently.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Hela was the available 5* for me in the shard store, and since she was at 462 shards and I had the HP to spare, I put her up a level for 25cp that turned into a red Big Wheel bringing him to 1/1/2 with 490 shards. I can already tell he's going to be fun with Onslaught/Shang-Chi, I'm looking forward to getting him finished. I'm really hoping we get one more feature out of Gamora so I just have to pull down the one organic cover.

Ultron is now 4/3/4 with 20 shards, progress continues apace. Vulture is up to 351, so parker spider-man is pretty close to finished. I champed Echo this morning leaving Doc Ock as my only un-covered 4*, and i'm down to just 3* Rocket grinding covers to re-champ. I am sitting on a max-champ 3* Torch, and Thor is at 264, so it won't be long before they're back in the back of the line.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Finally pulled an organic red for Gamora, so I used my shards to adjust her to 4/4/4 and had 365 leftover. Hopefully we get one more feature.
  • dramatist
    Finally pulled an organic red for Gamora, so I used my shards to adjust her to 4/4/4 and had 365 leftover. Hopefully we get one more feature.
    Yeah; my Gamora is 5,3,4 with 388 shards and I am hoping for one more feature soon. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2022
    Placement rewards in the upcoming Webbed Wonder confirm one more Gamora feature, so that is a bit of a weight off there.

Current latest:
    Gamora: 4/4/4 with 365 shards
    Sersi: 2/3/1 with 715 shards
    Big Wheel: 2/1/2 with 750 shards

Abigail Brand: 0/0/0 with 375 shards

current favorites: 
    Ultron: 4/3/4 with 137 shards
    Vulture: 353 with 142 shards (SMPP complete at vulture 360)
    3* Rocket: 4/4/4 with 281 shards (just rechamping at this point)

after spider man is complete, I have a few 10-cover options to choose between. 
    FA Cap - peggy is 335
    Surfer - Mr F is 333
    Black Suit - iron spider is 331
    Doc Ock - Carnage is 326
    Wa5p - ant-man is 331

And then at 9 covers I have:
    Archangel - Nightcrawler is 340
    Jean Grey - jubilee is 323

And holding up the rear at 7:
    Nata5ha - N4tasha is 328

more than a few of these don’t have enough covers left in their feeder to do it without starting a dupe or direct sharding, so I’m going to start with the ones that do. Cap has the furthest along feeder, but I think Black Suit may be the most useful next time it’s Knull or Ultron’s boost week.
  • Zalasta
    Glad to hear Gamora has another event. That will finish her off for me without having to exchange my 3 saved covers.

Sersi is at 2/5/4 with 175 shards, so will set her as favorite, and pull for 1 cover after Gamora leaves. Her next event should finish her.
    BW is at 1/0/0 with 750 shards.  

I'm not making any progress on classic 5-stars right now, other than a few levels on IW for DDGE progression.

I've also burned all of my ISO leveling next-to-champ characters. So much of being ISO positive.

BW is going to be the test to determine whether I can keep up with latest using LT & CP. I'd hate to have to go back to hoarding.  Currently sitting on 20 LT and 562 CP.  I'd much rather be spending CP in classics, but don't want to miss BW.  We'll know in two months.