Marvel Puzzle Quest New Character Poll (1/14/22)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I voted for Batman
    Yawn. 
    Hey, at least nobody is accusing me of datamining (yet)!

I know I need a new joke but after Big Wheel I don't know where to go, because apparently *anything is possible* (except Omega Red).
    ForgetMeNot!
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I just wanna say that it would be hilarious to have this poll.... and then the next character be Omega-Red. Because it doesn't say when we get the character from the polls.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It did say that it will be released in the first half of 2022.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you understand that once they release omega red there won't be more jokes?
    Start thinking about a new one ladies and gentlemen.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last time they did this with featured characters and not open ended I seem to remember we ended up getting all the characters eventually - it featured the likes of America Chavez and Medusa I think. So good chance you will get your favourite at some point.

And for all the Omega Red talk we seem no closer to seeing Captain Britain. 😑😔
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I voted for Batman
    Yawn. 

I know I need a new joke but after Big Wheel I don't know where to go, because apparently *anything is possible* (except Omega Red).
    Switch it up to Nightman or Midnighter at least! 😉
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I liked that there was variety and not the normal go to popular Marvel staples. We really need more and stronger villains. That said, I've been waiting for Hercules FOREVER so that's who I chose. Can we just get 5 straight really good villains across support, tank and dps for the next several releases??
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    People thought the same thing when Dazzler was released, and then Omega Red burst on to the scene. I’m going to go with Darkhawk or Sleepwalker next probably.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I voted for Batman
    Yawn. 

Switch it up to Nightman or Midnighter at least! 😉
    Luis from Antman
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    The last time they did this with featured characters and not open ended I seem to remember we ended up getting all the characters eventually - it featured the likes of America Chavez and Medusa I think. So good chance you will get your favourite at some point.
    This was my recollection as well.  I assume they have all these characters close to release, so they are asking us who we want them to finish first.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    I’m getting 400 shards for responding to a one-minute survey. I have already won.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Did I hear someone say Morph?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    People thought the same thing when Dazzler was released, and then Omega Red burst on to the scene. I’m going to go with Darkhawk or Sleepwalker next probably.
    No jokes here. I want Omega Red. I want him to be a 5* and I want him to be meta material. Haters, picture me rolling like Big Wheel.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh make no mistake, I want a 5* Omega Red that is a nightmare factory as well.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I went with Night Nurse, because Dr. Bong and Omega the Unknown were not options.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Did I hear someone say Morph?
    I would love that , or Leech , with Passive : All other mutants with passive powers negated .” 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    I feel like this is the vault thing ...
    There's a long animation and all, but the animation doesn't really do anything.

The voting thing feels like theater. Make players feel involved, but not really affecting anything.

Maybe I'm just jaded.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure there are still a ton of people who are convinced that the vault animation affects which character you pull, and if you tap at exactly the right time you'll get exactly who you wanted. 

When vaults first showed up, players started testing that extensively, for months, and of course found that it was random.  But there were SO MANY people who just would not accept that and were sitting there trying to time out the cover they wanted.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I'm pretty sure there are still a ton of people who are convinced that the vault animation affects which character you pull, and if you tap at exactly the right time you'll get exactly who you wanted. 

When vaults first showed up, players started testing that extensively, for months, and of course found that it was random.  But there were SO MANY people who just would not accept that and were sitting there trying to time out the cover they wanted.
    Oh my gosh I still do that even though I know there is no timing algorithm 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A few years ago, some players were able to pull from vault in such a way that they will get LT majority or all the time. But I believed this should be closed already.