Marvel Puzzle Quest New Character Poll (1/14/22)

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Thanos said:
    @LakeStone Will this be a 4 or 5*? Also, why only one villain?
    Will be a 4-star.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Also of note the next dozen MPQ characters will most likely include.
    Abomination
    Black Knight
    Blink
    Hercules
    Dani Moonstar
    Night Nurse
    Deathlok
    but not Omega Red.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say none of these characters are so relevant to be a 5*. Or at least they don't appear on a new marvel movie for to be a 5*.
    I voted for deathlok.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    I voted Hercules just because he was a great tank in marvel avengers alliance and I have fond memories of smashing bad guys with boulders and ancient Greek columns.   Hopefully he would be just as fun in mpq.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted Abomination.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’m glad these are all classic character choices , I obviously knew them all. Hercules, Black Knight , Night Nurse or Abomination I’d be happy with if that character wins . Went BK on vote . Special thanks for omitting Omega Lame
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I’m glad these are all classic character choices , I obviously knew them all. Hercules, Black Knight , Night Nurse or Abomination I’d be happy with if that character wins . Went BK on vote . Special thanks for omitting Omega Lame
    But Omega Red is also classic!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up voting for Deathlok as well; he was pretty fun on Agents of Shield. Wild that he showed up in Live Action, what a time to be alive.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I ended up voting for Deathlok as well; he was pretty fun on Agents of Shield. Wild that he showed up in Live Action, what a time to be alive.
    Remember all the people who thought he was Luke Cage when he first showed up? Nope, Deathlok. Surprise!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2022
    Night Nurse could easily have been a Netflix Daredevil-verse tie-in. Isn't she the oldest marvel character to appear in live action? I feel like I heard that. Though Abomination could be the 2nd Shang-Chi tie in character we didn't get.

Also, Omega Red is now what, 30 years old? Should be getting his own solo movie any day now lol
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vote no to Blank Knight!!!  Eternals getting 3 characters and Shang Chi 1... Boooooo  ;)

Initially thought Dani would sound good, but I picture MPQ combining Loki (feign death) and 5* Iron Man (his yellow sounds like something they'd use as "mirage" tiles).  I think I'll lean towards Hercules, maybe we can get a Cho/Hercules reunion....
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    None are bad choices as 4's, all new characters, covering a variety of character types (a god, some mutants, a villain, a normal civilian, etc).

Abomination would have been in ages ago if the game had been out for MCU tie-ins at the time. Half-expected to see him sometime after Shang-Chi.

I like Blink and Dani Moonstar, both as female X-Men, and for having unique story paths past the X-Men (SWORD and a Valkyrie? cool stuff).

I like Black Knight, but kinda thought they'd save Dane Whitman for a 5-star for his eventual proper MCU appearance. Hell, even as a 4 I thought they'd save him. 

Night Nurse... Claire Temple, when Netflix was still airing shows, would have been cool. She'd be cool if they bring her into the MCU proper in the future. But I don't miss her, you know? Give us a Colleen Wing, and then you can "move on" from the Netflix shows. As for a non-Netflix Night Nurse? Flat do not care. Might go as far as to say "disappointed," and I'm someone that likes virtually every character (variants and all; hell, a variant of someone like Moonstone or Ares as a 4-star would be way cooler, I'd definitely rather have another Dark Avenger than a comic-accurate Night Nurse)

Hercules is cool. Another god, and NOT an Asgardian. He's a fun character that would be a good addition at this point in the game.

Deathlok is... maybe the most-requested that I've seen. Classic character, unique premise (not another Avenger or X-Men), funky in that "only in a comic book" kind of way. Not a character I care about in the slightest (never really cared for the design, honestly), but one I would welcome all the same, you know?

I voted Hercules. I'd go Hercules, Abomination, Blink, and pass on the rest for now, if given the option to pick as many as we want.

Night Nurse could easily have been a Netflix Daredevil-verse tie-in. Isn't she the oldest marvel character to appear in live action? I feel like I heard that. Though Abomination could be the 2nd Shang-Chi tie in character we didn't get.

Also, Omega Red is now what, 30 years old? Should be getting his own solo movie any day now lol
    The short version is absolutely not, she's from the 70's, and Human Torch (android) and Namor are from 1939, Steve Rogers from 1941.

Longer version, Linda Carter had a nurse-centric comic in the 1961. Night Nurse was a comic in 1972 that added Christine Palmer. Linda Carter became involved with healing heroes as Night Nurse in 2004. Claire Temple was the Netflix Night Nurse in 2015. Christine Palmer was upgraded to a surgeon and friend of Doctor Strange in 2016.

So the modern iteration is barely 20 years old, and the original version (the Marvel.com article references the 70's comic) is still decades newer than the REALLY old stuff.

*themoreyouknow.jpeg*
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted for Batman
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Namor and Android Torch have appeared in live action? I guess technically comics Vision is using the android torch body but that isn't the MCU origin for him. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deathlok!!!!!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted for Batman
    Yawn. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    DAZ0273 said:
    I voted for Batman
    Yawn. 
    Hey, at least nobody is accusing me of datamining (yet)!

I know I need a new joke but after Big Wheel I don't know where to go, because apparently *anything is possible* (except Omega Red).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2022
    I may give up on Omega Red and move on to campaigning for Sleepwalker.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Omega Red?  :s

Blink's powers look interesting, based on what I've seen in the movie. She probably be a support character though.