Loop protection broken [Investigating]

Houdin
Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
Loop protection is not working. I just lost a match to a sarkhan build in legacy on the dragon war.
Deck was a green mana loop with baral and beacon bolt.
The loop bar came on screen but the loop did not stop.

Comments

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Had the same happen against Tamiyo, this one was green mana loop with Underrealm Lich, Beacon Bolt, Prism Array, BSZ, Stitch in Time, etc. 

LPS being broken makes cards like Prism Array broken, allowing Greg to unskillfully cascade into a ridiculously long turn of shenanigans. I’m ok with losing some matches, but with the difference between perfection and going under rank 100 being just a single match loss, this is really awful. I’ve lost many resources to this, probably lost perfection for the 3rd or 4th time now. Puts a real damper on the rest of my weekend playing time when this goes down.

Changing the way we are penalized for losing would probably help us more than trying to fix this LPS that never seemed to work right anyway. Fixing both is probably a pipe-dream. 

Rewards based on an overall percentage of points won would be much more reasonable, and help ease frustration over losses for any reason, other bugs, crashes, etc. 

Of course, a big part of the winner takes all system is to force more IAP’s, which I’m completely against. Customers should want to support a game financially because it is enjoyable, not because we feel frustrated by a stranglehold on resources...
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    For the A.I., it will also have a choice to continue its loops when the timer ends. We are just making it so it rarely chooses to do so many times in a row.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79051/loop-control-system-7-17-19/p1
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,

Thank you for the feedback, it's very important for us!
    This issue is now under investigation.

Thank you for our patience,
    Marcela.
  • MforVendetta
    MforVendetta Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Hey, just found this page from 2020, is there any headway on the loop prevention being fixed? I still continuously see the bar appearing at the top but the loop continuing to go. Is the AI really allowed to “choose” to continue the loop? And if so, why?