What's New MPQ - Updated 1/24/22

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    As someone ignorant of the computer terminology, could someone please explain what this date a minoring is. 
    It's like when it's your secondary study in college, otherwise it would be date a majoring.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone ignorant of the computer terminology, could someone please explain what this date a minoring is. 
    It's a good way to meet Chris Hansen.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is all much more fun if you don't know what's going to happen before it happens.  I used to get all of that stuff way in advance too, now I don't, and I wouldn't want to go back.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    yuck Balance of Power is one of the 3 PVP events I don't like. 
  • ikul
    ikul Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Kwahder said:
    ikul said:
    I can see from the PVP list that for the 5* shards we are jumping from Iron Man to Yelena.
    I was just waiting the Jean Grey shards to champ her...

Is this jump normal? I think that for a certain number of past weeks we had the "featured" 5* following the alphabetical order.
    Is there somewhere a list for the featured 5* in PVP?
    I’m pretty certain they put her in the rewards because the next event is I, Spy, the Black Widow-themed event, where she will presumably be featured.
    OK but after that it is listed YellowJacket. So...
    Is there a list somewhere of the last 5* in PVP? I know there is one for PVE, but I didn't find anything regarding the PVP
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    It's like when it's your secondary study in college, otherwise it would be date a majoring.
    I had a good laugh :D
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    ikul said:
    Kwahder said:
    ikul said:
    I can see from the PVP list that for the 5* shards we are jumping from Iron Man to Yelena.
    I was just waiting the Jean Grey shards to champ her...

Is this jump normal? I think that for a certain number of past weeks we had the "featured" 5* following the alphabetical order.
    Is there somewhere a list for the featured 5* in PVP?
    I’m pretty certain they put her in the rewards because the next event is I, Spy, the Black Widow-themed event, where she will presumably be featured.
    OK but after that it is listed YellowJacket. So...
    Is there a list somewhere of the last 5* in PVP? I know there is one for PVE, but I didn't find anything regarding the PVP
    It used to be Straight alphabetical, it looks like they jumped to the end of the  alphabet though . Maybe to start at top with first season of the year . 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    The 4* rewards rotation also just had a big jump. It jumped from Black Cat and Bishop to Thing and Thor(ess).

5* jumped from Iceman and Iron Man to Yelena and Yellowjacket.

Something is off with our 2022 alphabet, it would appear...
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Did anyone else see a message flash in their Lock Screen from MPQ about a new 1v1 tournament?? It disappeared and I can’t find it . 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Neko First Avenger Cap is listed as boosted two weeks in a row.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Lost in Time should be rewarding Brand shards. Are we sure Cap FA is boosted again? 
  • toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Any plans to feature Echo again as the 4* essential in PVE? Featured in the 1st week of December and then the echo has truly faded.  Based on the placement rewards from Thick as Thieves, it looks like we'll have Ikaris for the 2nd time joining The Hydra Stomper who has also featured twice since Echo's release.

A total of 7 feature runs for Hydra Stomper has made sure everyone playing SCL7+ can have their own champ purely from progression. Is this the new standard for 4's?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Searching Mounted Relief pops up valves as the most common pairing. Hopefully it's not Omega Red. I'm going with Hunger because of Morbius' movie release, and he has valve-like mechanism where wearing the S.H.O.C. Armor gave him the ability to channel "negative energy" and fire energy blasts.

Or, this character has something to do with being in a war or being a soldier.

This is a tough one for me.

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    What characters were mounted ? Valkyrie we have already . Black Knight would be great.  Two Gun Kid also rode a horse . Kazar on Sabu would be classic . 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Mounted Relief" - the only thing I can think of is The Royal Canadian Mounted Police which leads me to Snowbird of Alpha Flight who I believe was a Mountie. Oh apparently Guardian was a member too from his Wiki page. I'd be down for some more Alpha Flight.
    Otherwise this is a toughie. I would also like Black Knight and preferably the comic book version but I suspect he will be an MCU release at some later date when he turns up next whenever that will be.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    It could be Melinda May aka The Cavalry. Her release obviously coincides ... um ... with Agents of Shield being cancelled 18 months ago!
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    First mounted kind of obscure marvel character that comes to my head is Phantom Rider.

Though sadly, this might be 4 star Omega Red…follow me here…mounted relief=Mounties, rhymes with bounties, some mercenaries collect bounties, Maverick is a mercenary who helped Wolverine go after Omega Red (I think specifically it was the synthesizer thing around Jim Lee’s X-Men 4 or 5). 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, what about Mountjoy?!? He was a Bishop villain from the future back when everybody was a villain from the future. I have no idea if he ever met Omega Red though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Looking at context, I think who I know he's referring to.  B)