Shang-chi and Sersei?

JangoLore
JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
I have not seen any posts yet about the synergy between SC and sersei. Anyone tried it with a champed sersei?

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Definitely works in tandem with Onslaught. Two tile types essentially off the board. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure it works, I have a feeling nobody is talking about it because there are better options?  Or maybe people just don't have Sersi championed yet?

Shang-Chi works really well with about 95% of all characters so it's probably that there are better options.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I used Sersi 5/13 rainbow covered in her event and I thought she was very impressive and possibly underrated as a support character. I’m not skipping her in LT
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's definitely synergy between the two of them but I can only champ her somewhere in mid Feb.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I only have two covers for her, but I already use her regularly with SC and Onslaught.  I prefer her over Valk even.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love that Shang-Chi allows non-traditional support characters like Alligator Loki and Negasonic to shine pretty bright. My Sersei just hit 1/1/1, probably playable enough to see what the story is already.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only have two covers for her, but I already use her regularly with SC and Onslaught.  I prefer her over Valk even.
    That’s good to hear because I have plans to get them both champed and working together. My only gripe is that Sersi takes 3 Purple away from Shang in the beginning 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Use Shang’s on a purple match first and be right back where you started off the triple AP from the charged tiles
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    So she works well with SC…but I cannot get a read on if people are going to pull for her. Is she strong enough outside of pairing with SC?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somebody needs to do a ranking of Shang-Chi partners.  It's going to be a really long list and it's going to kick off a ton of debate.

On Sersi: I wouldn't skip any 5*, given 5* boosts. 

That said, Sersi is definitely a support character.  She's a good 3rd for Onslaught/PX.  She's probably a good Shang-Chi partner, although I think others may be better.  She's going to be the best character to solve certain puzzle gauntlets.  I'm not sure what else she's suited for.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Somebody needs to do a ranking of Shang-Chi partners.  It's going to be a really long list and it's going to kick off a ton of debate.
    I would do this in a separate post but my roster is limited so my rankings will be qualified.  For the characters on my list the rankings are Doc Ock, then Valkyrie (by the slimmest of margins), then a giant gap, then Chavez. Hulkbuster, Riri, and Lokigator deserve consideration. Maybe Negasonic, but then mine is tiny. 

In PvP, it is really only Valkyrie and Chavez that I see for 4*s, which suggests I should reorder my own ranking.  If restricting to 5*s I mostly see Onslaught, often Switch, then Colossus, occasionally PX, once Sighclops. I rarely see 1/2 Thor but everyone seems to consider him a great partner.  

I expect to try Sersi (at 3/5/5) in Pick-2 as I think both her purple and green will help a lot. Sersi will hold back SC with Doc Ock but will complement Valkyrie very nicely I expect. I would love an Onslaught and 1/2 Thor. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    a Shang Chi partner Tierlist sounds like fun. I'll make one by the end of the year if no one beats me to it (hopefully having an operation in the next few months which would give me a month off of work).

I agree about IMHB and Riri. They are both good partners for him and the ones who I tried first. 

I won't be skipping Sersi as a 3 cost pink ability is a very strong thing indeed. Currently hoarding until Ultron leaves LL.

Which is today?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    4* Professor X is a great SC partner too, maybe better than 5* for actually keeping the combos going. I prefer characters who can generate helpful effects like further boardshake (Negasonic, onslaught) or conditional AP gain (4*/5* Professor X) within a turn every time the condition is met to those who only do stuff at the start of turn like Valkyrie, Chavez or say Thor or 5torm myself. I do prefer the passive game here to active characters though since Shang-Chi requires a lot of board focus to do his thing well.
  • Sekilicious
    edited January 2022
    Srheer0 said:
    a Shang Chi partner Tierlist sounds like fun. I'll make one by the end of the year if no one beats me to it (hopefully having an operation in the next few months which would give me a month off of work).

I agree about IMHB and Riri. They are both good partners for him and the ones who I tried first. 

I won't be skipping Sersi as a 3 cost pink ability is a very strong thing indeed. Currently hoarding until Ultron leaves LL.

Which is today?
    Oops, forgot PX4. Storm too, but I have never seen them together in spite of their synergy. I agree on the in turn vs start of turn passives in theory. In practice, I find Valkyrie gets things going faster than anyone and the board dictates how the match progresses. I don’t know how many times I was about to lose the combo but Valkyrie put a bounty down, Chavez a crit and damage, and I could get going again. Those two pair so well with SC.

Yes, Big Wheel should rotate in today. I’m excited since I won’t be hoarding much anymore as I try to collect everyone and everything. The only thing to consider will be how many pulls to keep in case Wanda or Thor show up in a token store. 

I expect Sersi’s pink will be like an investment. Small pain to start but should pay dividends the longer the match goes. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm curious who else you might want to use with sersi tbh. I could see a Sersi/4* X/Nightcrawler being a pick-3 winfinite team as well even if it isn't going to be quite as fast as that Shang-Chi team.
  • Sekilicious
    edited January 2022
    I love the idea of Sersi and Onslaught. Perhaps with PX or Storm if not Shang-Chi. I’m not sure she converts enough with her green though to make match-4s and 5s consistently though. I wish you could choose the colour she converts from as well as converted to. But maybe that would be broken. I don’t particularly like her playing with SAPs but then perhaps she can bridge something weird like Shang-Chi and Kitty or Ultron. Or Shang-Chi with Odin or Heimdall with fortification tiles. Both would be slow and fairly rng dependent though. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    P4X needs to run at 553 otherwise he will flood the board too quickly and SC will have trouble keeping his infinites going.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    So she works well with SC…but I cannot get a read on if people are going to pull for her. Is she strong enough outside of pairing with SC?
    I'm pulling for Big Wheel. Chances for Sersi are a bonus.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    dianetics said:
    P4X needs to run at 553 otherwise he will flood the board too quickly and SC will have trouble keeping his infinites going.
    This build IS superior, but I was running him the opposite for quite awhile out of laziness and it really wasn't that bad in practice.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:
    This build IS superior, but I was running him the opposite for quite awhile out of laziness and it really wasn't that bad in practice.
    I made the change a few months ago as per allies suggestion.  

I thought "c'mon, there's a huge different in match % stacking up. Having 5 pink can't be better!"

After trying it out, it makes sense. Charged tiles give triple match damage and AP. Having more charged tiles is just better