***** Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) *****

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oof… low health, no damage reduction, and a weird kit. Almost looks like a 3* to me.

I guess I’ll start pulling when BW goes into LL to try and get more Gamora covers over this.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Luna Maximoff and Inhumans?
    Insert emotions for CD/Repeaters and she removes, modifys, heals and is ready to fight for her peoples. 
    -Every time they release a clue I look for a Runaways connection but I don’t see Mollys super human strength in this kit, that healing might be invulnerability with the right partners. Almost works well w/Karolina with converting yellow to Blue, extra healing. If it wasn’t Mutant; Victor would be a good fit.
    -Abigail Brand? Could be why the complete overlap w/ coulson. Some how Blue is pyrotechnic powers she is reluctant to use? 
    -Hybrid; the captain Planet symbiote?
    -Mr Immortal and Great Lakes Avengers! No but seriously could it be Dinah Soar?!!

5/3/5 lean into the CD’s and AP tricks. I like the cheap attck cost but thats why you don’t need the fort or extra strength, you can spam.

-She could work well with Icemen and any errant CD’s that can’t get matched.
    -There has to be some combo with Elektro.
    -Is she part of the 5Marvel scheme? Somehow triggering a tile at right time destroys enough strikes to cast again? If only she generated strikes instead of Attk!
    -Talos says I know all about strongest color let me… hey where are you guys going? I could deal a lot of damage if you just….Ohhhh 
    -Other CD/Rep combos:
    3Blade, Magik, Miguel, Wolfsbane, Blob, Monica, ol Remy ees back eh mon ami?!, 5Loki like marv has that big green row clearer plus the errant Black CD’s, samurai Daken, Short circuit hardly needed the help but removing 2 ap every turn as well! 5dock reactor could be extra juicy in its 3/4 phases.

If her healing is Pre-nerf OML, she could be real utility,I think she looks fun and has some combo appeal for control players, but have to echo that removing from strongest is not a very good power in general, highest AP pool would be the way to go. 
  • AnkhWarrior
    AnkhWarrior Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    It’s likely Hank Pym as Ant-Man.

He shares all the same colors and reminiscent gameplay mechanics of 4-star Ant-Man (AP damage, countdown tiles) his second role is Avenger, and half of mutant is ‘ant’. Explains why his health is so low too.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drain/destroy from their highest AP pool is also usually pretty bad...the enemy's highest AP pool is most likely going to be a color that they can't use for anything.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm, I agree on the AP destruction. This seems like a slow counter for Shang-Chi, especially with AP destruction for two colours. It’s as though they expect the repeaters to resolve before she is nuked. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    In the land of passives, AP destruction is not king. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    Is this Luna Maximoff?

• entrailbucket
    Glockoma said:
    It's pretty funny because Gambit's AP destruction power was so oppressive in his day that he completely took over the game and ended up getting a huge nerf.  Now that power isn't even playable (pre-nerf Gambit would be trash tier in today's meta).
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Glockoma said:
    It's pretty funny because Gambit's AP destruction power was so oppressive in his day that he completely took over the game and ended up getting a huge nerf.  Now that power isn't even playable (pre-nerf Gambit would be trash tier in today's meta).
    So so true. Those were tough sledding days with my one champ Phoenix.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    This is less of a new release and more of a nerf to 1/2 Thor.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I really feel like AP destruction powers are waiting for some kind of power that triggers on AP loss. Do damage, remove specials, stun, create specials, any variation of existing powers. Kind of like Strange, but it would go off every time the enemy loses AP instead of just an active power usage.

There are plenty of characters that could benefit from a synergy like that. Hood, most of the Black Widows, etc. All the powers that drain random AP, the highest pool, the strongest, are all lacking by themselves but might be vastly more useful if someone came along who could utilize those powers.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    On 5* tier she will have sinergy with(with that health and colors I can only think of her as a female):
    Odin: great AP denial and hp heal
    Iceman: if the player lets the stun cds wasting she will do her thing
    Kitty: her passive cd will thrigger nasty effects and kitty will buff cheap attack tiles
    HE
    Electro and her bolts
    Knull( better to use his expensive purple cds tan this character expensive ones)
    Ronan: his cd or better yet, uncompromising power. This could be her best partner because at least ronan can hit hard, not like all the others.
    Anyway on the current pvp Shang era this character won't have time to say hello, or at least will fill an easy spot. I don't think this character will be really popular even without knowing the numbers. I will try to cover him just because of What if...?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    On 5* tier she will have sinergy with(with that health and colors I can only think of her as a female):
    fury would like a word with you.
  • entrailbucket
    helix72 said:
    This is less of a new release and more of a nerf to 1/2 Thor.
    I always wanted them to fix Thor by buffing him...every time his passive triggers he gets a burst of 10,000 health.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I like this character. Passive damage and repeaters / countdown / special tile characters are always interesting to me.  

[Half Mutant] + D5ken + Cable / Vulture could be fun. With Cable he fortifies on yellow matching. And he has conditional stun. Vulture passively fortifies and has a black nuke too. Daken is there to passively make repeaters once you get enough black AP. 

[Half Mutant] + H5wkeye + Ic5man could be another great team. Iceman and wanda and Hawkeye are very fun. Eventually you can get 3 fortified stun countdown tiles together, so when you match them you stun the front enemy for SIX turns. It's actually disgusting. And with [Half Mutant] you'll be doing damage when countdowns expire. So it isn't a huge deal if you can't match them.

Maybe someone can make a decent c5rol team too. Her green ap making repeater getting sped up will be interesting. 
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    Bad said:
    so would Strange, Coulson, Ant-Man, Professor X, Mysterio, Falcon, & Spider-Man.  Only Nico would agree.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    Bad said:
    so would Strange, Coulson, Ant-Man, Professor X, Mysterio, Falcon, & Spider-Man.  Only Nico would agree.

On that low health, on the colors, and mostly on what those powers do I think it's a female.
    Srheer0 said:
    I like this character. Passive damage and repeaters / countdown / special tile characters are always interesting to me.  

The way I read that purple power, the low damage is on that active purple. The only thing it happens when a repeater reachs 0 is the AP denial and the healing. 
    It there was low damage when the repeater reachs 0 this character could be better because dealing extra damage is way better than destroying AP or healing. 
    It could change the wording when the numbers finally are revealed , who knows it.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    You are right. D'oh.  

Still interested. A few select characters do like having AP in their strongest colour (brb green etc). 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:

[Half Mutant] + D5ken + Cable / Vulture could be fun. With Cable he fortifies on yellow matching. And he has conditional stun. Vulture passively fortifies and has a black nuke too. Daken is there to passively make repeaters once you get enough black AP. 

[Half Mutant] + H5wkeye + Ic5man could be another great team. Iceman and wanda and Hawkeye are very fun. Eventually you can get 3 fortified stun countdown tiles together, so when you match them you stun the front enemy for SIX turns. It's actually disgusting. And with [Half Mutant] you'll be doing damage when countdowns expire. So it isn't a huge deal if you can't match them.

Maybe someone can make a decent c5rol team too. Her green ap making repeater getting sped up will be interesting. 
    I'm generally a fan of characters that make other characters relevant...

And Clint is my favorite superhero, do I'd be thrilled to be able to use him more.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Srheer0 said:
    [Half Mutant] + D5ken + Cable / Vulture could be fun. With Cable he fortifies on yellow matching. And he has conditional stun. Vulture passively fortifies and has a black nuke too. 
    I think you mean Green Goblin, Vulture doesn't do either of those lol