Your most used Saved Teams

Glockoma
Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
edited January 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Metas come, and metas go.

Nerfs descend, and buffs peak (rarely). 

Players enter, and vets move on.

We witness seasons of change within this aging game and I myself have had multiple retirements/rekindlings with MPQ.

So with the turnover and character dilution ever present, who among your rosters have risen to the top and made it worthy of the extra few clicks to dial them in as a venerable Saved Team? The “crème de la crème”.

-Who are your fastest easy node conquerors? Hard nodes? Challenge node champs?

-Who do you have locked in your left and right for pick-2 PVP? How about you go-to Shield Simulator Dominators?

Cheers!

Comments

• Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    My 2* team of Storm-Magneto-Hawkeye is locked in for the Deadpool Daily.
    The 4* team of Juggernaut-R&G-Gamora is saved for most PVE nodes with Juggernaut-R&G in position to be my pick-2 for PVE and early PVP rounds.
    I have Polaris-BRB-Thanos saved for wave nodes that need a winfinite team.
    Kitty-Polaris-R&G is saved as my hit-em-hard team (mostly used against single-enemy bosses).
    Polaris-BRB are my most common pick-2 for PVP.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I have four teams saved permanently and two spots for the current PvP (one A team and one grill team).

My four regular teams are:
    1. Thano5/GladiaThor/DP3: Thus begins my MPQ day.  I switch from 3* tp 5* DP after one match and go on to half health my Thor. Usually used on easy nodes till Thor is under 50% health
    2. The rest of the easy nodes gets crushed with Juggs4/Grocket4/Gamora3. One match and finished. 
    3. Okoye/GladiaThor/Spidey2099 for a lot of hard nodes in PvE. 
    4. Kitty/BRB/Polaris for mirror matches in Shield Simulator. 

My 2* team for DDQ is Hawkeye/Storm/Magneto. But since I only use them as 2-stars I don't have to save them. 

• Glockoma
    I love that save setup so you don’t forget your 3*/5* Deadpool extras.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    My baby champ 5*s are all at the top of my character list so I keep Pick-2 teams saved for my most used 4* characters that I would need to search for. 

Juggernaut and Grocket - (they remind me to use Deadpool as well) for easy nodes.
    Polaris and Grocket - so I can just put Kitty between them and maybe switch out Grocket for BRB.
    Valkyrie and Chavez - I put Shang-Chi between them. It used to be Karnak instead of Valkyrie. I can switch either for SC for pick-2
    Colossus (5* 1/1/2 lvl 280) and Thanos (3*) for Lightning Rounds. 
    Morbius and Vulture for mindless one nodes. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Th4nos/BRB/Polaris is number 1, but I never use the team anymore. It’s just too slow.
    Heimdall Shuri Lizard is 2, rarely use it. sub it in if I don’t want to waste health packs or I just want to have fun.
    Col5/Morbius/5witch is 3. The team sees regular use but I swap out parts depending on what I need. Like swapping 5witch for a stunner on mindless ones.
    4*rocket/Knull/Polaris is 4. This is the team I use to clear all the easy cl10 nodes. Then swap Ultron in for Polaris against non-movers for the harder nodes.
    5witch/SC/Valk is 5 and is my go to team for anything with tile movers.
    heimdall/Throg/vulture is 6. Only use this if I just want to mess around and laugh a bit.

So 3 4 5 are the most used right now. But I tweak them often if I find things that are more fun or usefull.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    My philosophy considers 3 things:

1) How often I use the team
    2) How hard it would be/how much time it would take to individually select the team members if they weren't a saved team (e.g. mixing characters of different tiers, characters that I can't auto sort and filter to the top and require scrolling to select)
    3) How important speed is to that team (e.g. PvE nodes towards the end of the grind or where I budget less time)

With the God boosts in PvP, I removed most of the saved teams related to PvP because I don't want to re-do them every week and the characters are generally easy to select as they are already at the top of the selection screen due to boosts. So all my saved teams are PvE related. Also, there's no rhyme or reason to the order the saved teams are in, I haven't put thought into that yet.

Left/Right/Center:

1) Polaris/Thor/Okoye: pick 3 nodes where Hulkoye won't work or is too risky (e.g. vs mindless ones)
    2) Th4nos/BRB/Polaris: most Challenge node grinds and some clears
    3) iHulk/empty/Okoye: most essential node opening clears, occasionally essential node grinding
    4) 4* Rocket/4* Juggernaut/under-leveled 3* Star-Lord: 1-shots all easy nodes in every color match but yellow
    5) iHulk/3* Thanos/Okoye: pick 3 nodes on most clears and some grinds
    6) Thor/empty/Apoc: most essential node grinding and some clearing (mostly the 5e)
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't figured out how this works yet -- it's too new.

In my defense, I still don't understand supports at all and I frequently forget that teamups exist or how those work because they're still too new too.  Sometimes I try to cast the environment tile powers and get really confused.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

In my defense, I still don't understand supports at all and I frequently forget that teamups exist or how those work because they're still too new too.  Sometimes I try to cast the environment tile powers and get really confused.
    You're making me want a hotdog. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    as a 5 star player, i find it better to have teams made of random 4 star characters that i would still use (Chavez, Polaris, etc). it's quicker to swap out a character for the 5stars at the top of your list than rummanging thru grabage to find that shining morbius

• Glockoma

Hahaha, that one brings me back; pre forum days.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    My top four teams are pretty much locked in.  The final two change depending on the boost list.

• OML/Thor/Thano5, aka "Drain Thor"  Get him to half health on the lower tier PvE nodes so he can do the AP generation on the higher level ones.
    • Kitty/Grocket/Polaris.  No explanation needed here.
    • BRB/Th4nos/Polaris, aka Winfinite.  Used for challenge nodes.
    • Thano5/5-star Deadpool/Thor - "Burrito"  Get the 5-star Deadpool token
    The other two teams I currently have loaded are:
    Blob/5-star Hawkeye/Polaris - A surprisingly good team with lots of AP generation.  Doesn't work nearly as well when someone on the other team can't be stunned.
    Okoye/Green Goblin/Thor - This team is usually Thorkoye + highest/best boosted 5-star.  This week, it's GG.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    easy PVE nodes get 4* Rocket/4* Gamora/Juggernaut for the single-swipe win, that team is as fast as it's possible to be for that part of the grind.

Hard nodes get iHulk/Ghostpool/Okoye generally, thought I'm fairly often running an as-yet un-saved team of Onslaught/Shang-Chi/Negasonic because it's pretty fast even for being so active and precise.

and required nodes have been getting iHulk/empty/Okoye, however I'm more and more using Shang-Chi/Negasonic or Onslaught even though I don't have that team saved.

Here are the saved teams I'm no longer using that seemed really important to save at one time:

2099/Okoye/Thor - this was my SCL10 hard node clear team for awhile

Polaris/BRB/5torm - This was my challenge node winfinite fallback team, and was funny because I would routinely swap out 5torm for 1* Juggernaut and just didn't want to commit to saving that for some reason. I almost never use it now

Onslaught/Apocalypse/Thano5 - this was my Simulator team for awhile before iHulk was shoved out of the meta. Healthpacks were something of an issue for sustained climb attempts, but Apocalypse with a mutant can stay un-stunned when Court Death happens, so you can boost it's damage. Onslaught on an early match-4 can do a bunch of damage to lowest health enemy, so this team is actually really good - it's just that Wanda has pushed out hulk, and Colossus has reduced that match damage down to a point where it's not a universally viable team without searching around now.

So I could and should drop probably all 3 of those teams and replace them with the shang-chi based teams I'm actually using heavily.

A team I used to keep saved was Onslaught/Thano5/Thor, which would take about 4 easy node clears to get Thor down to half-health quickly, but I find that I'm almost never using Thor anymore so I cut that one out.

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    If they gave us 10-100 saved teams, I would use the feature more

And the hassle of rostering a 1star and selling off once saving in order to save the left and right slot is just... bad design. (Please fix this D3. Just give us the option to blank out the middle selection).  

I have no need to save my deadpool daily 2star team. I have a maxed copy of storm, hawkeye and magneto all at the top of the page. It's just 6 quick taps to change the team up.  

My saved team list goes something like

j4gs, gam4ra, r4g. J4gs has a support that lets him tank colours over them. I think yellow is the only one he doesnt tank.

Then it's BRB Polaris and R4g
    Then it's random Apoc teams
    Then It's a Colossus wanda team
    Than it's a Shang Chi team. Maybe with halfthor. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    If they gave us 10-100 saved teams, I would use the feature more
    I would be overjoyed if they let us bookmark characters. I thought that was what the Favorite button was to begin with. So many nonoptimized shards...

As for 100 teams I would have the same problem that I do with so many characters. It can be hard to find the one I want at that particular time efficiently. 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    All of my 5-stars are under level 465, so no one character to do the heavy lifting. Mostly SCL10 PVE.

Onslaught/5Thor/Apoc - most used.  Use Thor/Apoc for essential nodes.
    Onslaught/Shang Chi/Valkyrie - For extremely difficult nodes - usually the green challenge node. 
    Kitty/Polaris/4Rocket - Previous go to. Used occasionally if I'm bored with Apoc team.
    Okoye/5Thor/5Strange - Only used for goon only PVEs.

Definitely a support character,  but I'll say that I think Onslaught is one of the most under-rated/used 5-stars.  His passive alone does so much, and his blue can be a real life saver.

I really like Shang Chi, but find it takes a lot more time to use him than other teams. With some AP boost, he's been great on the "Welcome to Shield" events day 2/3 hard nodes that I'd only previously cleared by dropping the whales.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos5-BP5-DP3 for DDQ
    Thor5-Okoye-Strange5 for Goons/waves in PVE
    Sabretooth-Elektra4-Logan for Kaecilius fight

2* change too often to save them and don't have a team for easy PVE nodes, I just use Thanos5 with any boosted 5* and DP5 if I haven't used him that day.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    All of my 5-stars are under level 465, so no one character to do the heavy lifting. Mostly SCL10 PVE.

Onslaught/5Thor/Apoc - most used.  Use Thor/Apoc for essential nodes.
    Onslaught/Shang Chi/Valkyrie - For extremely difficult nodes - usually the green challenge node. 
    Kitty/Polaris/4Rocket - Previous go to. Used occasionally if I'm bored with Apoc team.
    Okoye/5Thor/5Strange - Only used for goon only PVEs.

Definitely a support character,  but I'll say that I think Onslaught is one of the most under-rated/used 5-stars.  His passive alone does so much, and his blue can be a real life saver.

I really like Shang Chi, but find it takes a lot more time to use him than other teams. With some AP boost, he's been great on the "Welcome to Shield" events day 2/3 hard nodes that I'd only previously cleared by dropping the whales.
    Probably a comment for a different thread, but Onslaught is definitely a contender for least valued but good actually characters in my opinion too.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Th3nos/Colossus/SC for easy nodes.

I change the rest of the 5 slots, depending on boost weeks. Only easy nodes saved team is fixed.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only use save teams for PVE. In no particular ranking.

iHulk/3* Thanos/Okoye (fastest first couple of clears)

iHulk/Warlock/Okoye (fastest if you feel like boosting all ap/black ap)

5* Thor/Sabertooth/Okoye (slightly slower than previous two but consistent and not board dependent)

5* Thor/Polaris/Okoye - Carnage nodes

5* Thor/Onslaught/Shang-Chi (when not really playing for placement)
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    Here's my list:

Ghostpool/5* Thanos/5* BP (Deadpool Dailies, get that Spicy Token)
    4* Thanos/BRB/Polaris (Winfinite)
    Coulson/5* Hawkeye/4* Gamora (Stun Cycle, slow and steady)
    3* Star-Lord/4* Juggernaut/ 4* Grocket (easy nodes)
    Sighclops/Shang-Chi/Gator Loki (Spin Cycle)
    Onslaught/Shang-Chi/Big Wheel (Circle of Crime)