about that day 3: Simulator Challenge Node....

marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
Instantly Demolished, and guess with who? a lvl 405 Shang-Chi (3/4/3), a lvl 287 Blob (3/5/5), and last but not least.... 4* star Doc Ock himself, lvl 135 (1/1/4).

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I'm still on day 2. Who are the opponents here? And what SCL do you play?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only SCL 10 has challenge node.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    marvel075 said:
    Instantly Demolished, and guess with who? a lvl 405 Shang-Chi (3/4/3), a lvl 287 Blob (3/5/5), and last but not least.... 4* star Doc Ock himself, lvl 135 (1/1/4).
    I tried this with better level characters and still got trampled without even doing damage 
  • marvel075
    Ares76 said:
    I'm still on day 2. Who are the opponents here? And what SCL do you play?
    im playing SCL 10, and the opponents were Beta ray bill, 5* Carnage, and Hela.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 said:
    I tried this with better level characters and still got trampled without even doing damage 
    key is to get 6 blue and 6 red, then honestly go from there, the enemy only got two matches in, and by then Shang-chi was fully healed and it took 7 minutes to defeat all of em.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took out Carbage, Hela, and BRB with my own BRB (champed so maybe not an option), Polaris, and 1* Juggernaut. If Shang-Chi is your only option then don’t forget boosts, especially Red AP, All AP and All Match/Critical Damage. 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I don't know your rosters (I have nearly all 5-stars champed) but I only see two options here.
    "Bit hitters/board control" or "stun/protect" teams. 
    1) For the first match I went in with Kitty/BRB/Polaris. That was my stun team. Matching your own and enemy's protect tiles will get you lots of protect tiles and BRB generates blue (for Polaris stun) and green (for BRB damage) AP for matching them. I stunned Hela first because you will not only get lots of blue but also green AP. Then I stunned Carbage and the match was soon over.
    There are other variants of this team but I think this one fits best here because Kitty buffs the protects and they will do what they are made for - protect you against the high damage the AI can do.
    2) Shang-Chi/SWitch/Colo55us. This was my big hitter team with Shang-Chi being the MVP. In this combo Switch and Colossus shall keep away enough damage so he can heal back with his red. I went in with AP boosts (red and purple) to get an advantage. I used my first purpe on SWitch to generate more purple. The match was over very fast. Enemy couldn't fire one power.
    3) Shang-Chi/GladiaThor (half-health)/Valkyrie: In my 3rd match I went for more board control/AP generation but lesser protection. This was the hardest one. I had to heal SC almost every turn to keep him alive. But both Thor (with his passive) and Valkyrie (with bounty hunter) generate red. When you don't lose you combo points you will soon hit hard enough to knock out the AI's toons. I changed the order here: BRB first (too dangerous), Carbage and Hela.
    I'm skeptical about having a chance with any of these teams in the final grind where opponents have level 650 and can knock you out with one cascade.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the tip @marvel075 ! I managed this with my lvl 330 Shang-Chi (3/2/1), lvl 289 Blob (3/5/5), and (boosted) lvl 190 Dr. Ock (1/3/1). Managed to get rid of Carbage the first but then run out of momentum and Shang-Chi got taken out by BRB's blue. The 2nd time I focussed on BRB first and also took some AP boosts and a Polaris team-up, which came in handy. 

I am a sucker for rainbow teams, so this definitely pleases me. Certainly looking forward to champing Doc Ock now.

Tip for anyone trying this: make sure Blob is ahead of Doc Ock in the order so that he can turn enemy special tiles into countdowns before Doc removes them.

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    I am a sucker for rainbow teams, so this definitely pleases me. Certainly looking forward to champing Doc Ock now.

Tip for anyone trying this: make sure Blob is ahead of Doc Ock in the order so that he can turn enemy special tiles into countdowns before Doc removes them.

Also, make sure to put supports on your guys.

Having a chance to get +ap at the start of the round, or chance of +ap on specific colour match helps with speed.  

Forget which support I have on my Shang, but it's the one that gives a chance for +2pink / purple ap on matching a purple.

So you can fire his pink at some pinks and if the support activates and both pink tiles get charged, overall you gain 1 ap and can fire it again in the same turn. It's great. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:

Also, make sure to put supports on your guys.

Having a chance to get +ap at the start of the round, or chance of +ap on specific colour match helps with speed.  

Forget which support I have on my Shang, but it's the one that gives a chance for +2pink / purple ap on matching a purple.

So you can fire his pink at some pinks and if the support activates and both pink tiles get charged, overall you gain 1 ap and can fire it again in the same turn. It's great. 
    Rank 4 Chimichanga? I have the same at rank 2 on my Shang-Chi.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    Are you suggesting to take Chimichanga away from Deadpool? :open_mouth:
    I don't think he'll let me do that.

Currently I have a R3 Kimoyo Beads on SC for the multi-tile bonus and bonus blue AP. I also have a R1 Quantum Realm that sometimes gives bonus purple AP at the start of the game, but I have that on Karnak who's a more regular companion to SC. Maybe I'll have to reorganise these once Doc Ock is champed. This is a problem with SC, he works well with so many characters and I don't want to be switching supports for every fight so it's hard to decide which ones to put on each character.

Of course, this is a relatively good problem to have.  :D