***** Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) *****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited February 2022 in Character Details

Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Mutants

"Half-alien with mutant powers. Constant planner. Passable conversationalist in many extrasolar languages. Abigail Brand knows what it takes to deal with [CLASSIFIED] as well as [ALSO CLASSIFIED] and [SERIOUSLY, VERY CLASSIFIED]. From her S.W.O.R.D. space station The Peak, she protects Earth from galactic threats... and protects the galaxy from us."
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
16427 Health / 66029 Health
 190 | 29 | 217 | 244 | 27 | 32 | 121 | 4.0x
 761 | 115 | 870 | 978 | 105 | 124 | 484 | 4.0x

Peak Performance - 8  AP
Abigail Brand calls on the S.W.O.R.D.'s space station The Peak for a debilitating assault. Deal 1860 damage. Choose a basic tile to become a 2-turn Repeater tile that destroys 1 enemy AP in the chosen tile's color. (Max level 7475 damage)

(PASSIVE) Once per turn, when a friendly Countdown or Repeater tile's count reaches 0, destroy 1 enemy AP in the enemy's strongest color.
  • Level 2: Deals 2046 damage. (Max level 8223 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 2232 damage. (Max level 8970 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 2327 damage. (Max level 9354 damage)
  • Level 5: Creates a Fortified Repeater tile.
Burn Notice - 6  AP
Abigail Brand uses her mutant gift of flaming hands to turn the opposition to ash. Create 1 strength 118 Attack tile and a 2-turn Blue Repeater tile that removes 1 enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile and creates 1 strength 118 Attack tile. (Max level 474 strength for both created tiles)
  • Level 2: Creates a strength 131 Attack tile. The Blue Repeater tile creates a strength 131 Attack tile. (Max level 527 strength for both created tiles)
  • Level 3: Creates 2 Attack tiles.
  • Level 4: Creates strength 155 Attack tiles. The Blue Repeater tile creates a strength 155 Attack tile. (Max level 622 strength for all created tiles)
  • Level 5: Creates a Fortified Blue Repeater tile.
Brand Loyalty - 5  AP
Abigail Brand can always get her team the resources they need. Create a 3-turn Yellow Countdown tile that reduces another friendly Repeater or Countdown tile to 0.

(PASSIVE) Up to 3 times per turn, when a friendly Countdown or Repeater tile's count reaches 0, Abigail Brand's team gains a burst of 353 health. (Max level 1419 health)
  • Level 2: Creates a 2-turn Yellow Countdown tile. Abigail Brand's team gains a burst of 395 health. (Max level 1589 health)
  • Level 3: When a friendly Countdown or Repeater tile's count reaches 0, Abigail Brand's team gains a burst of 436 health. (Max level 1754 health)
  • Level 4: When a friendly Countdown or Repeater tile's count reaches 0, Abigail Brand's team gains a burst of 491 health. (Max level 1974 health)
  • Level 5: Creates a Fortified Yellow Countdown tile.

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Astute Abigail Brand Cover Store - Jan 13-18

• Chance to get Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Abigail Brand Limited Vault - Jan 20-25

• 40 Items

• 1x Space-Crime Continuum Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Ikaris (Eternals) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Space-Crime Continuum Legendary Store - Jan 20-25

• 15% chance to get Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.), Kingpin (Spider-Verse), Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

Lost In Time - Jan 13-17

• Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) in placement rewards

Featured Event:

Thick As Thieves - Jan 16-21

• Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Pyre Knowledge - Jan 13-17

• Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) shards as a placement reward

Brand Recognition - Jan 16-19

• Rewards tokens to the Astute Abigail Brand cover store

Comments

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Very thematic with all the countdowns.  Looks fairly nasty with coulson/captain marvel, assuming this isn't either of those lol.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Might be good with Ronan too, aside from 4* Torch I can't think of anyone else with repeater synergy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Only yellow is a countdown, the others are repeaters. These powers feel very similar to 4* Frosts except they do something when you fire them. Curious what the numbers will be, but burst health whenever a repeater resolves could make Ronan and Ghost Rider more survivable. Still waiting on that character who can mess with repeater length. Affiliation: Heroes, so it isn’t Omega Red…
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    The numbers on the healing and the AP destruction have to be pretty low right? Otherwise they will be a nightmare with Wanda. Every turn you lose some AP in your strongest color and the whole team heals? It is already a strong power without it healing and denying AP.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    Still hoping for Fantomex...

But I thought big wheel was a placeholder for something else. So, yeah, I'm not good at guessing.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't sound very fun to me. I'm really sick of repeater and countdown abilities. Looks like it's going to be a long time before LLs has a decent trio again unfortunately. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please stop making stuff that drains/destroys AP in the enemy's strongest color.  In almost every case this is strictly worse than just doing it to a random color.  None of the good characters use their strongest color for anything important.

This guy is meant to be a combo/synergy/support piece on a CD tile team, which will be tons of fun to use and tons of fun to build around, but probably not very powerful.  Sharing all 3 colors with Coulson makes that team a little hard to work with, although this guy's active yellow and purple are kind of bad.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    A nasty partner for odin.. 
    I'm not the biggest fan of special tiles meta but recently more and more characters are joining kitty's files on 5* tier.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 or 5/5/3 on first blush. 

Lots of “low-turn” talk which usually means 2-turn. Seeing as how the yellow CD can drop another turn, I’m gonna assume it drops to a 1-turn. 
    Put the the purple power in a dangerous color other than the strongest and you can keep 2 powers in check, despite 2 turns being pretty long to wait to destroy some AP. (I use Odin so i know the pain of waiting). So hopefully it destroys no less than 4 AP once it reaches 0.

Also, the purple passive destroys AP in the strongest color of the enemy if any CD or repeater goes to 0. So if facing a team with different strongest colors while you have a few CDs out, you can keep more than one enemy in check. Just switch the out the lead when a CD/repeater is about to expire. However, getting that to 8 AP then waiting 2 turns after firing is begging for you to have 5 AP in yellow on deck to fire alongside it. 
    BTW it doesn’t exactly say if you can choose which CD/repeater to reduce to 0. If you can’t choose, this character may be DOA. 

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    If only yellow were a repeater....
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stop. Trying. To. Make. AP destruction. A. Thing.
    That aside, a 3/5/5 kit could be a lot of fun IF it's fast enough. The numbers will be important.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    I feel like the 5s have been getting the short end of the stick for a long time. Whether it's under tuned  abilities or powers that don't have a lot of synergy. Most new 5s feel like failed experiments rather than well thought out fun and useful characters. It's like they have a grab bag of discarded and terrible design ideas. When it's time to make a new 5 they just dig into the bag with their eyes closed and try to make a new character with whatever slop they pull out. 

Meanwhile there's been quite a few really cool 4s released last year and a half that could of made excellent 5s instead.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Purple - This active power reminds me of Odin's red power. His deals 9937 for 7 red aps which also destroys 3 aps in enemy's largest AP pool (including Team-Up). Since you can choose which colour to destroy, damage got to be lower than's Odin.

Also, it destroys few aps in enemy's strongest colours once per turn passively. So, up to 3 colours can be destroyed, but you can't really control which colour gets destroyed.

Blue - reminds me of Mehneto's red power. His converts enemy SAP tiles to friendly strike tiles and deals some damage. However, this creates attack tiles instead and it doesn't deal damage.

Yellow - a better or worst version of C4rol's active yellow but the ap cost is the same and it should be a 1-turn cd. Unfortunately, you can't choose which cd/repeater to reduce to zero. Also, it has a passive team burst of health. I suppose it's capped at thrice per turn.

Overall, this is a support/defensive character with poor damage. However, it could be irritating with its healing power.

I'm thinking of these pairs of characters to work with this new 5*:

Coulson/5* Hawkeye
    BRB/5* Hawkeye
    5*Iceman/5* Hawkeye
    Odin/Wanda
    C4rol/???
    Samurai Daken/???
    Lizard/???

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    tonypq said:

Meanwhile there's been quite a few really cool 4s released last year and a half that could of made excellent 5s instead.
    Give me America Chavez with 5-Star stats and I'd be a happy star punching player.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m also tired of characters targeting the enemy’s strongest color! It’s usually pointless; I would rather have these powers target random colors or a selected color. 

Just because it’s their strongest color doesn’t mean it’s their strongest active power! When will D3 understand? 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    The only character that comes to mind when I see these powers is Captain Britain, Betsy Braddock, Psylocke.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    The only character that comes to mind when I see these powers is Captain Britain, Betsy Braddock, Psylocke.
    Captain Britain’s a good guess. 

Shatterstar or Longshot could be other viable thoughts given their paradoxical relationship (father/son across time w/ maternal human Dazzler).
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    I really hate special tile removing abilities that are gated behind cooldown and active abilities. With so many pve featuring carnage we need more viable 5 stars that can deal with special tiles. 

Imagine if Morbious requires you to fire his powers instead of working passively. No one would use them. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty much everything for me going forward is do they play well with Shang?

Colour overlap? Then pass for me.

3 passes for me now. Keep on hoarding. Almost at 25000 cp. All hopes are on a apoc okoye store with Shang in it for me  :D
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    tonypq said:
    Doesn't sound very fun to me. I'm really sick of repeater and countdown abilities. Looks like it's going to be a long time before LLs has a decent trio again unfortunately. 
    I'm waiting for a second good partner for Shang, playing countdowns and repeaters doesn't qualify