Balance of Power (aka the best event)

This BOP should be interesting with all the new 4* that have been introduced recently as well as the 5*. 
Are there interesting combos you plan to try this time around or combos you want to put out there? Let's discuss!

I really want to see someone go with BRB, Miles Morales, and Ikaris. I don't have enough covers on BRB to try it. I'd also like to see a bunch of invisible/flying combos that we didn't have before. Blob, Carnage and Polaris should make for some headaches. 

Comments

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    really the best event? I don't think so Everyone has way to much health in this so it takes twice a long to win matches. I expect lots of Polaris Combos me included and probably lots of Shang Chi since he is becoming a favorite
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I think it's the best since it gives everyone a shot at using characters they'd probably avoid for various reasons. I don't think the health is an issue since the abilities scale with the health. I'm going to have a blast with Shang Chi. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's the best since it gives everyone a shot at using characters they'd probably avoid for various reasons. I don't think the health is an issue since the abilities scale with the health. I'm going to have a blast with Shang Chi. 
    4* power damage scales wise better than any other tier when playing BOP at 550.
    Expect to take lots of hits with Shang Chi because on defense he will be easy prey for the Polaris teams.
    KGB
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    “....This event will look so different!....Can’t wait to use Shang Chi this event!...” Wow yeah that’ll realllllly change the landscape from what every other event looks like. Lemme guess, you might also use Wanda or Polaris for another little dash of creativity? 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give 5* Carnage/Polaris/Mantis a try and let me know opinions.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did a few hits with Blob, Coulson, and Polaris and the team is pretty sweet. I want to look for a few more Blob teams, but that one specifically got him hitting hard pretty quickly.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anybody else having issues getting in? Just tried to join at 11:00 GMT and kept getting a "something went wrong" message, gave up and did DDQ instead.
    Just hope it works later when I try to join the 5:00 GMT slice.
  • Wcheet
    Wcheet Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Give 5* Carnage/Polaris/Mantis a try and let me know opinions.

amazing! very enjoyable, thanks for the recommendation!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    There seems to be a bit of diversity among 550s at the baby champ 5* MMR.A few Gritty, Wanda and friends, Brolaris, and Shang-Chi teams with lots of points.  It is much different than last time at 4* MMR. There are lot of health packs being consumed as well, in spite of me having decent counters for all the above, mostly because everyone hits like a tinykitty truck. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I plan to play every character at least once... Unless I see them in the event. The moment I see a character they go on the do not use list.

Continue until every character has been used.

I expect to lose a lot, but that's ok.

Fingers crossed I stumble on a way to make sentry meta again
    Surely 4* Carol has a place on that Sentry team. Perhaps with Hood or Goblin to hard-cycle all the CDs? Goblin, if you use his purple on Black, will create some very high strike tiles once they resolve.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor
    4* carol seemed an obvious (and great) choice to pair with sentry. Went went 5* Clint for the third. Actually worked fairly well, but I had a very helpful board.

I'll try goblin or hood though before I'm done.
  • Blackstone
    edited January 2022
    I plan to play every character at least once... Unless I see them in the event. The moment I see a character they go on the do not use list.

Continue until every character has been used.

I expect to lose a lot, but that's ok.

Fingers crossed I stumble on a way to make sentry meta again
    Surely 4* Carol has a place on that Sentry team. Perhaps with Hood or Goblin to hard-cycle all the CDs? Goblin, if you use his purple on Black, will create some very high strike tiles once they resolve.
    Lol... Just opened the game again... Sentry Carol4 and Clint5 are 5 and 2 on defense.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried running a bunch of c4rol based teams, but whatever's going on with my MMR I keep getting stomped. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone forgot to tell the folks in my slice that this event was meant to play out differently... It's Wanda and Colossus and a third as far as the eye can see.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm running Wanda col5 and whatever I feel is a counter now. So mantis/apoc/electro to whatever team I am seeing.
    The blob team I mentioned gave me a bunch of defenses, but a carbage team pushed me off it. Once blob gets going he hits really hard, upwards of 40-50k on a match 3.
    I will probably end up bouncing around between 4-5 different teams depending on whatever teams present themselves.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember that the team-switching, anti-cupcake rules are still in effect during balance of power. 

If you use a 5* team and then change to a lower tier team, your 5* team will most likely still be showing on defense the whole time.  5* are generally quite bad in BoP so you may want to avoid using them if you care about defense at all.
  • Blackstone
    Thus far, I've had the most fun with the team of: Mockingbird, America Chavez, and Wiccan.

Not the most efficient, just fun.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    4* Ghost Rider likes this event a lot with his Penance Stare.
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Balance of Power, aka “Revenge of the Seals”.  Love it