OG player returning after 3 years, and quite confused

Options
WilsonFisk
WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
So I started not long after the game launched and 3* Punisher and 2* OBW were the hot team. Hung around and played at top tier levels for a few years, and then got burnt out a deleted the app. I've just decided to start playing again, and this game has got confusing!

Looking for a little advice. I've got 11 old school 5* maxed, and all of the older 4*. Are there any semi-competitive teams left from that era? I've been doing OK with the old 5*BP/Thanos team, but it's a health pack killer. 

Also, what do I need to know about supports? These didn't exist when I stopped playing, and really not sure what I should be doing with them. 

Comments

• Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll echo the above as I recently just returned after a while away. What you should do beyond this depends if you're exclusively PVP, PVE or a hybrid player. 

Focus on getting the meta 4* and their counters rostered and champed along with the stronger ones. 
    Polaris
    Rocket & Groot
    Juggernaut
    Medusa
    America Chavez
    Karnak
    Vulture
    Carnage
    Iceman

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you said maxed, are you referring to 11 level 550 5*?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If this is the case, I would hope a 550 Panthos would be able to handle SCL10. Maybe not necessarily competitive, but full clears should be doable. 
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No, should have said champed. They're far from 550s
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure where your first 11 champs  cutoff is.  but okoye, thor, DD is still viable/usable.  Unfortunately, that era of 5* needs to be around 490+ to be considered viable.

To be sure,  you can still climb and place well with BR support/assistance.  But anyone under 480 would be a CC level combo to any random 5* veteran player.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looking for a little advice. I've got 11 old school 5* maxed, and all of the older 4*. Are there any semi-competitive teams left from that era? I've been doing OK with the old 5*BP/Thanos team, but it's a health pack killer.  

Are you looking to compete in pve, pvp or both?

Whatever you end up doing, join an alliance. They'll be able to advise you who to favourite and who to use to get the fastest clears.  

There's also a bunch of "feeders" now. Spreadsheets exist that outline them. So you can favourite certain 3s and 4s and you'll eventually get 5star covers and shards from them. (my kingpin 4star is about 18 levels off of giving me my final daredevil cover  :D). 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    You were the founder of Deadpooltacos? Welcome back :)