New poll for 2022.

Options
TheEyeDoctorsWife
TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
I’m curious as to what others consider the easiest and hardest of the 16 PvEs that MPQ rotates throughout the year . Bonus question : hardest CN node . Thanks for your opinions . I’m sure someone has all of them ranked top to bottom too.

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hardest CN node is definitely the one with Carbage, Kraven and Sabretooth.

Most tedious events are the ones with symbiotes. It´s not that they´re super difficult but because they´re always paired with some form of carnage or venom and that makes fights unbearable.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can only answer the bonus question. 

As the user above already mentioned. The CN node with Carnage, Kraven and Sabretooth is insane. 

Didn't manage to complete it a 3rd time in CL 10 when it was around a couple of days ago. 
    Special tile teams obviously don't work, Okoye/Apo/SW/Colossus-teams don't work, three god-boosted 5-stars didn't stand a chance. 
    Even whales didn't work because I didn't have enough time/luck to gather 14 TU. 
    Even Odin was crushed but that wasn't surprising to me. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    Hardest CN node is definitely the one with Carbage, Kraven and Sabretooth.

Most tedious events are the ones with symbiotes. It´s not that they´re super difficult but because they´re always paired with some form of carnage or venom and that makes fights unbearable.
    It’s one of 3 CNs I can only beat twice . 
    Others are Cosmic Chaos 650 Kitty/Grocket/Gamora and Venom Bomb 650 Carnage/ BRB/Thor
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simulator for a long time was the only PVE that was being regularly updated with teams of newer characters, or leveled down versions of common PVP teams, but I haven’t struggled too much with it for a long time. I was fully expecting iHulk to end up on a challenge or 5E node in there at some point; really surprised that didn’t happen.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meet Rocket & Groot never seems that bad to me.

Simulator has to be the hardest simply because they adapt it and incorporate new releases.

Most tedious is any of the real old skool ones The Hunt, Honour Amongst Thieves, etc.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the hardest pves got to be those with Mindless Ones in Wave Nodes, especially against the one who creates attack tiles.  If you don't take care of that attack tile quickly, you'll take a lot of damage, if you are playing for speed. Else, if I'm not playing for speed, then I don't think there's any difficult nodes for my current roster.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    I think the hardest pves got to be those with Mindless Ones in Wave Nodes, especially against the one who creates attack tiles.  If you don't take care of that attack tile quickly, you'll take a lot of damage, if you are playing for speed. Else, if I'm not playing for speed, then I don't think there's any difficult nodes for my current roster.
    Mindless Ones before Morbius was insufferable I don’t think I could beat them unless you got board favor 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    " I was fully expecting iHulk to end up on a challenge or 5E node in there at some point; really surprised that didn’t happen."
    Shhhh, don't give them any ideas!
    Hated Sentries when they were introduced and still don't like them in the wave nodes, so any event with them feels more annoying than the others.
    Strange Sights and Webbed Wonder seem easiest to me, while Simulator used to be the most difficult one although I would say Welcome to SHIELD trumps it if you get a useless 5* as your third wheel.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Simulator for a long time was the only PVE that was being regularly updated with teams of newer characters, or leveled down versions of common PVP teams, but I haven’t struggled too much with it for a long time. I was fully expecting iHulk to end up on a challenge or 5E node in there at some point; really surprised that didn’t happen.
    I don't think iHulk will be that hard to fight. He was featured once in weekly god-boosts and wasn't very frightening. 

I only used him in the beginning on my climb but then switched to others. His problem on high levels is that he tanks everything and thus kills himself (and company) very fast. And with counters like Switch and Electro even his team damage is not intimidating. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    I don't think iHulk will be that hard to fight. He was featured once in weekly god-boosts and wasn't very frightening. 

I only used him in the beginning on my climb but then switched to others. His problem on high levels is that he tanks everything and thus kills himself (and company) very fast. And with counters like Switch and Electro even his team damage is not intimidating. 
    And now with Sersi you can just outright remove green tiles from the fight entirely.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are loads of tools now to protect you from Hulk, but until Wanda there were essentially none that could have stood up to an SCL10 iHulk for most rosters.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk is irrelevant now but there's still plenty of evil things they could do!  Something like Scarlet Witch/Colossus/Dr Strange at 650 would be pretty unpleasant.

I don't mind simulator at all, the matchups are difficult but they're interesting, at least.  I can't stand the rock guy goons in any event they're in.  I think there's one sub of some PvE that's 100% rock guy goons and it's the worst.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Hulk is irrelevant now but there's still plenty of evil things they could do!  Something like Scarlet Witch/Colossus/Dr Strange at 650 would be pretty unpleasant.

I don't mind simulator at all, the matchups are difficult but they're interesting, at least.  I can't stand the rock guy goons in any event they're in.  I think there's one sub of some PvE that's 100% rock guy goons and it's the worst.
    There are no 100% Mindless nodes . They only appear in 4 PvEs , but I hate the Brute Squad in Honor Among Thieves . Strange Sights has the same amount . 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Those Sentries in wave nodes are also a pain. 

Sentries/Mindless Ones in wave nodes and all 3 Mindless Ones in non-wave nodes are difficult. I've seen top players' placements fall from T5/T10 to outside of T10. These are the pves where you can take advantage of them potentially messing up.  >:)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are no 100% Mindless nodes . They only appear in 4 PvEs , but I hate the Brute Squad in Honor Among Thieves . Strange Sights has the same amount . 
    Must not have played “Backup Plan” in Honor Amongst Thieves. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CNs... any with Carbage give me a lot of grief, but polaris/brb/dbeast can often let you get a turn two stun on him. At this point I'm only really concerned when he has more movers on hand, so maybe the one with him and Kraven?
    Overall event, I'd just give that to Sim for requiring actual thoughtful roster changes for a lot of nodes, CC gets second? If we're tossing out the character heavy nodes, Morbius handles mindless ones very well now so Ultron drones get the nod for worst enemy type to deal with.
    My biggest stumbling block lately are on 5es, essential character is often underleveled/covered and kind of bad and 2-man teams offer a lot less as far as solid options... I'd think Royal Family takes worst but curious on what people feel is 2nd.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options

There are Symbiotes as well 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't mind the Mindless Ones anymore, Shang chi and morbius blitz through them nice and quick. I have a real issue with ultron bots, not entirely sure why, mainly boring to fight - not strictly PVE but the only event I cannot stand is the Ultron alliance event, just non stop bots on the nodes is a yawn fest.

Will echo the comments regarding that kraven node as the hardest, pretty much a must use boosts node, the only one that springs to mind. 
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

There are Symbiotes as well 
    Incorrect for Sub 2 of Honor Amongst Thieves. It’s 100% Mindless Ones and it’s the single worst PVE sub-event in this game.