Soul Stone Season Start Date (1/4/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited January 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone (and Happy New Year!) - 

Just wanted to share that the next PVP Season (Soul) is scheduled to start on January 13 and not on January 6.  That means this offseason will be one week longer than usual.  We apologize for any inconvenience.
Tagged:

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok! Hope we get some interesting events 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Ok! Hope we get some interesting events 

LoL..
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reunited with Reunions!!!!!! 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    LakeStone said:

Just wanted to share that the next PVP Season (Soul) is scheduled to start on January 13 and not on January 6.  That means this offseason will be one week longer than usual.  We apologize for any inconvenience.
    If my calendar math is correct, this means both Echo AND Doc Ock will go into tokens next week, and we'll be back on a schedule where new 4* releases enter tokens a week after their new release events conclude?  

If this is correct, then thank you for fixing the problem.  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Communication! I love it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I'm afraid of them skipping Echo as season rewards and giving Ock instead. My echo is still unchamped and she feeds Cyclops - my most undercovered five-star :'(
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully we get Balance of Power , Evergreen and a new 1 vs 1. 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    LakeStone said:

If my calendar math is correct, this means both Echo AND Doc Ock will go into tokens next week, and we'll be back on a schedule where new 4* releases enter tokens a week after their new release events conclude?  

If this is correct, then thank you for fixing the problem.  
    Ock likely won't be in tokens since his release wasn't completed before last season end. if they stick to historical trends anwyays. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Ock is in tokens too.
  • St_Bernadus
    Talking of the new season, I noticed Ikaris is the progression reward in Shield Simulator. Were we not expecting either Echo or Doc Ock? Did Ikaris not have a turn already?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talking of the new season, I noticed Ikaris is the progression reward in Shield Simulator. Were we not expecting either Echo or Doc Ock? Did Ikaris not have a turn already?

He was indeed the reward last season. I too was surprised we didn't get Echo or Doc Ock. By next season there will be another 4* released (maybe 2) so there is a chance these 2 never get a turn :(
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I assume it was an Eternals on D+ tie in to feature him one more time, but I was really hoping for Echo or Oc myself. 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I came here to say what everyone else already had. Ikaris is not what I was expecting!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Shh... Two more Ikaris covers and I'll finally fully-cover IHulk.

But, no, I wasn't expecting him, either.
    I'll finish him via PVE long before I finish the season rewards.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    By the way the timing got wonky on character add, I'd anticipate a shorter than usual run for Echo to result from all of this. The same happened to a character last year, Morbius? I think all D3 needs to do to avoid this is to make the special seasons full-length instead of shortened (and personally I'd just nix the limited character season rewards in favor of new characters, maybe finally dump the limited distinction entirely).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny fact is that echo was a new character along doc ock until few days, and now they aren't new, just on the same day.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That’s normal, characters released last season are “new” until the start of the next season
  • St_Bernadus
    Gotta say I agree that the 4 stars entering tokens based on season starts is increasingly a bad idea. It makes for wonkiness like this and uneven runs as featured character. There really is no reason to keep this institution except that it has been like that a long time. A very poor reason.