**** Doc Ock (No Way Home) ****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    By the way Shang chi is already absolutely meta and it's used on all pvp modes and in any height on the point scale.
    I expect big wheel getting the second place on popularity, we will see.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    Jacklag said:

The devs seem to be embracing this, though, by exclusively releasing 4* characters that either complement or counter Polaris.
    I think that is a projection of the players who are looking for a counter or complement to Polaris. But if you look at recent releases, Ikaris doesn't affect Polaris at all, Echo does very little to help her. Blob both makes special tiles and removes them, to to say it is a counter or complement to Polaris is something of a toss up
    I agree. Polaris is such a force I sometimes think we just assume everything is a counter/complement. For example, in his thread it was noted that Ikaris complements her as is you can get him flying she boosts his damage to the rear character. But the synergy is with Grocket, Polaris just has great synergy with them, and Ikaris benefits. It works just as effectively with Kitty and no Polaris. Same with Blob though there is better synergy with Polaris creating more SAP tiles. Apocalypse and C4rnage would also have great synergy with Blob if people ran them together. Maybe a little slower. The 4* meta is definitely driven by SAPs. If it wasn’t then  Karnak and Chavez would rule with an iron fist. 
    You’re Exhibit A as to her problem, and the 75% of other players you copy. I’m so tired of beating your BRBitty/ Polaris in PvP.  This is why everyone loved the last PvP 1 on 1. We finally had an event that broke the monotony. I would love daily character usage limits even if just in PvP. Or if you beat a team once , MPQ blocks mirror matches of that team for the remainder of the event .
    You bet. If you ignore the threads where I advocate for a limited roster a few times a season this is absolutely correct. Both the 1v1 and Evergreen come to mind. Of course I just pushed to 1100 using Shang-Chi and Valkyrie hitting mostly boosted characters and mirror with only a few BRB/Polaris and no Kitty. But yeah, 75% of players use BRB/Polaris exclusively. Besides, not everyone loved the last PvP anyways. The people in my alliance complained that if you didn’t have Shang-Chi or Yellow Jacket you couldn’t push at all, which I also found incorrect.  I guess if you don’t look beyond your own preconceived notions you can see whatever you want to. 
    I got your Exhibit B right here. I'm one of those 75% of players using BRB/Polaris exclusively (well, "heavily"). And once my Shang-Chi starts to gather more covers (he's currently one-thirteenth towards completeness), then I will join the 75% of players using Spin Cycle, Gatornado, Valk-Chi, etc. Personally, I love that Polaris gives me options to punch up, and I love that there are a number of strategies and tactics to take her out. After all, there is a reason that most of my retals in the lightning rounds are champed Wanda/Colossus. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's get back on topic.

What build is everyone looking at? 3/5/5?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 in his black power is useful enough situationally that I might just set him that way and leave him.  Not many characters are best with 4 in a power, but I'd probably go 4/4/5 for maximum utility.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easily 4/4/5 for me. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    As expected Doc Ock feeds Electro
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Sweet,  I just need one more green cover to champ my 2/5/13 electro. The game really,  really wanted me to have yellow covers for her. 
  • Sekilicious
    So I’m sure others have noted but Doc Ock works very well as a third with Shang-Chi and Valkyrie. If you’re having trouble with BRB and Polaris than this team is excellent 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Amazing art on the cover and battle animations!     Credit to the artists Jae Tsai and Quiana Dang and other staff involved
  • Bad
    Indeed it looks better than the actor.
    It's a very funny character and his black damages a lot godboosted.
    I tried the riri node with Dbeast, and it was a battle gaining a lot of AP, but I lost for so bit of health. 
    Then I got angry and I shangchied my way out of it.
    Dock ock is so good partner for SC as I was expecting. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    I tried the riri node with Dbeast, and it was a battle gaining a lot of AP, but I lost for so bit of health. 
    Likewise, used Shang and absolutely destroyed them. Also forgot Doc's black is AOE instead of single target. Got a handful of tentacle tiles out and used his black when all three opponents were still alive, with the intention of taking down Mockingbird. Suddenly it was only Riri left standing with half her health.
  • HoundofShadow
    It seems that his black shuffle doesn't create matches. Did anyone manage to get free matches from his black power?
  • Bad
    Out of 10 attempts, no matches.
    Perhaps a way to protect his tentacles?
    However he sets great patterns for SC.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t think you want to get matches from it though. What happens if you match off a tentacle tile or two. A match three is far less damage than you would get from blowing up the tentacle.
    The resulting cascades I got after blown tentacles produced extra matches and damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    His black power will remove all his tentacles anyway. You will deal lesser damage but the extra matches made might be helpful in certain situation. So, his shuffle is the same as Quake's: no free matches.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what I witnessed the damage resolved last. I could be wrong but if the shuffle allowed matches then you could lose out on some damage if the tentacle tiles are matched during the shuffle. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Likewise, used Shang and absolutely destroyed them. Also forgot Doc's black is AOE instead of single target. Got a handful of tentacle tiles out and used his black when all three opponents were still alive, with the intention of taking down Mockingbird. Suddenly it was only Riri left standing with half her health.
    Likewise - Ock was made to play with SC and his black hit super hard if you had the T tiles. Just demolished The Thing and buddies node and got barely a scratch - even my 255 Ronan survived!
  • Sekilicious
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bad said:
    Likewise - Ock was made to play with SC and his black hit super hard if you had the T tiles. Just demolished The Thing and buddies node and got barely a scratch - even my 255 Ronan survived!
    The best part is if you make a yellow match at the start poor Starlord is pretty useless. But yeah, all three powers support SC so Ock is a welcome addition to the roster. Now to remember what he does when I get him rostered. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Depending on your build and your team composition, the lesser damage won't be a big deal. I see this guy as a board manipulator and ap gain: a support character. I'll use him to power up my main damage dealer. For example, I used him to make red or black matches or gain red or black aps for Apocalypse during his pvp.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bad said:
    The best part is if you make a yellow match at the start poor Starlord is pretty useless. But yeah, all three powers support SC so Ock is a welcome addition to the roster. Now to remember what he does when I get him rostered. 
    I did both nodes easily with just a L255 Ronin and a L320 Valkrie. She provides plenty of Black for his mega team damage so all you need to do is focus on Blue/Yellow to fire those powers to heal and create Tentacle tiles.
    KGB