Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot to hit the challenge node 1x grind and my ranking plummeted from top 20 to top 100. All it took is one node.  :/

This is the first time I played SCL 10 Deadpool vs MPQ, so I'll be more alert next time.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I forgot to hit the challenge node 1x grind and my ranking plummeted from top 20 to top 100. All it took is one node.  :/

This is the first time I played SCL 10 Deadpool vs MPQ, so I'll be more alert next time.
    Okoye / Thor/ BRB in SCL 10 level 650 may be the hardest in the game. It should be called Whales Only.  
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    TheEyeDoctorsWife said:

Okoye / Thor/ BRB in SCL 10 level 650 may be the hardest in the game. It should be called Whales Only.  
    That node isn't that hard. The enemy protects actually make it easier to start the BRB/Polaris/x infinity engine.

My personal nightmares are challenge nodes featuring Professor X or Jessica Jones - a little enemy luck and you are toast.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    TheEyeDoctorsWife said:

That node isn't that hard. The enemy protects actually make it easier to start the BRB/Polaris/x infinity engine.

My personal nightmares are challenge nodes featuring Professor X or Jessica Jones - a little enemy luck and you are toast.
    For those nodes I swap out 4* Thanos and use 1* Juggs. Between boosts and supports, I can usually get winfinite going by turn 2 at the latest. Other strategy is with boosts it only takes 1 blue match on turn 1 and on turn 2 Polaris can stun the dangerous one. The good news is when you wipe you wipe fast and early, so I always leave a little buffer time at start jic.
  • HoundofShadow
    Which pve can that node be found? I can't remember if I played that node before but I remember playing against BRB in one of the challenge nodes. I think he was paired with JJ? I haven't go deep in to SCL 10 yet, so I've played only some of the CN.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Which pve can that node be found? I can't remember if I played that node before but I remember playing against BRB in one of the challenge nodes. I think he was paired with JJ? I haven't go deep in to SCL 10 yet, so I've played only some of the CN.
    Fortunately ProfX5 only appears twice in the CNs, and JJ once ( not together) so it’s rare occurrences ( Cosmic Chaos, Simulator, Deadpool VS)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Beta Ray Bill shows up in the challenge nodes in 3 places:

Brooklyn Bridge sub of Venom Bomb with 5* Carnage and 3* Thor
    Day 3 of Simulator with 5* Carnage and 5* Hela
    Deadpool vs Heroes sub of Deadpool vs MPQ with 5* Okoye and 5* Thor

• HoundofShadow
    Thanks for the info. I played DP vs MPQ in SCL 10 recently and that team must be forgettable. The CN with JJ is more memorable because she forced me to restart the match twice.

The one with Carbage is probably harder.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently found out that using Valkyrie means you have to learn the names of the goons. That is definitely the worst.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    Worst moment of today. The Challenge node in SCL10 showed the wrong amount of points after 3 hits. Showed 1170 instead of half it. So I do a 4/4 hit (thought it was intended and doing funny things because 48 hr sub), and am now screwed :(
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I recently found out that using Valkyrie means you have to learn the names of the goons. That is definitely the worst.
    The bright side of this is that it is the only place I've seen (I'm looking at you, countdown tiles), that distinguishes between goons when there are more than 1 of the same type on the enemy team. We know that the game can and does distinguish between them with her Bounty Hunter tile, and to a lesser extent Mantis CD tiles, I would just like to see that distinction made for goon CD tiles as well.

Now I just have to be better about remembering to check her BH tile _before_ I make my turn 1 match-5...
  • HoundofShadow
    Whenever you rotate goon to the front, their cds will "pop up" and that's how you know it belongs to them.
  • hothie
    Whenever you rotate goon to the front, their cds will "pop up" and that's how you know it belongs to them.

I've never noticed that. Will have to check that later. Thanks. :)
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    hothie said:
    The bright side of this is that it is the only place I've seen (I'm looking at you, countdown tiles), that distinguishes between goons when there are more than 1 of the same type on the enemy team. We know that the game can and does distinguish between them with her Bounty Hunter tile, and to a lesser extent Mantis CD tiles, I would just like to see that distinction made for goon CD tiles as well.

Now I just have to be better about remembering to check her BH tile _before_ I make my turn 1 match-5...
    When you get fast enough none of the countdowns matter since the game won't last that many rounds anyways. 
  • hothie

That's very subtle, but it is there. Interesting. Either I haven't noticed it or haven't made the connection before. Thanks again!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited December 2021
    I’m surprised, I thought the CD tile flashing designating it’s owner in front was universally known . As are the names from constant repetition. It’s amazing what tips I take for granted, now I’m wondering what tricks I’m ignorant on .
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Had to buy my first roster slot for 2,000 HP today:-(

It hurts. 

Gonna sell some max-champed 3 star where the dupe had more than 70 saved covers when I'm in need of slot #302. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope they change the buy in soon since the standard roster is so close to 300
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Ares76 said:
    Had to buy my first roster slot for 2,000 HP today:-(

It hurts. 

Gonna sell some max-champed 3 star where the dupe had more than 70 saved covers when I'm in need of slot #302. 
    My current roster is 150 ( I could probably cut to 100 without victory or placement loss ) and increases by 25 a year , so I’m guessing I have 6 years until I hit that wall . 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    dianetics said:
    Hope they change the buy in soon since the standard roster is so close to 300
    It sucks but at the same time if you have a decent farm in place then it's not so bad. I'm thankfully almost done leveling up the rest of my 5s, then I have like three 4s to champ, and then I'll basically just be champing 3s left and right and then the hp and other resources will really be flowing.