new gameplay idea. thoughts?

drcheese
drcheese Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
i think it would make things pretty interesting if there was a mode of gameplay where you choose one character (villain or hero) and then the other two characters on your team are the "minion" characters associated with the chosen character
Tagged:

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    BRB plus 2 muscle minions or those that generate 2 blue AP each per turn would wreak havoc . They’d have to make sure the minions associated only generate 1-3 of the weakest colors 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    BRB plus 2 muscle minions or those that generate 2 blue AP each per turn would wreak havoc . They’d have to make sure the minions associated only generate 1-3 of the weakest colors 
    They need to do what they should have done a long time ago... Minion AP generation goes into a separate pool from tile-mover AP gathering (whether that be through matching, powers, etc.) such that the "boss" can't use the minion's AP and vice versa.
  • drcheese
    drcheese Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Godzillafan67 said:
    They need to do what they should have done a long time ago... Minion AP generation goes into a separate pool from tile-mover AP gathering (whether that be through matching, powers, etc.) such that the "boss" can't use the minion's AP and vice versa.
    there should be a way to program it so that the minion's powers are always different colors than the named character's
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's the job of minions to make life easier for the boss, isn't it?  :D

Shang Chi with the Hands or Mindless Ones: charged tiles, critical tiles and constant board shake.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor

Shang Chi with the Hands or Mindless Ones: charged tiles, critical tiles and constant board shake.
    SC with 2 Hand or any  2 minions generating 4 red AP a turn would be an auto skip . It would be the new meta  by a Longshot.  Without him I wouldn’t even bother playing PvP in that scenario.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021

SC with 2 Hand or any  2 minions generating 4 red AP a turn would be an auto skip . It would be the new meta  by a Longshot.  Without him I wouldn’t even bother playing PvP in that scenario.

Why? 5* Colossus + teammate (who tanks most colors) would handle SC just fine since all his damage (Red + Purple) is match damage and Colossus would negate 83% of that for his teammates so just have them be in front if/when SC is firing his Purple and Red.
    In the 1v1 PvP that just ended I used 4* Juggs to pound L400 and below SC all day and every day and I am sure I could have pounded a lot higher SC but MMR didn't show me anyone over L400. Pretty sure Juggs/Polaris/Grocket could handle 2 minions + SC esp if you boosted Blue to get him stunned.
    SC is a monster in the hands of the players but he's a zero in the hands of the AI.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's weird because they actually used to design fights around this mechanic (goons feeding AP to a tile mover), but they mostly stopped for whatever reason. Those fights were *awful*.  There's a few of them left, scattered across a few older PvEs, but the truly terrible ones all got retired. 

Back in the days of roster-scaled PvE I remember a juggernaut with 400,000 HP getting fed red by some goon for 50k headbutts every other turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    Shang Chi can true heal, so he will heal himself every 2 or 3 turns.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

Why? 5* Colossus + teammate (who tanks most colors) would handle SC just fine since all his damage (Red + Purple) is match damage and Colossus would negate 83% of that for his teammates so just have them be in front if/when SC is firing his Purple and Red.
    In the 1v1 PvP that just ended I used 4* Juggs to pound L400 and below SC all day and every day and I am sure I could have pounded a lot higher SC but MMR didn't show me anyone over L400. Pretty sure Juggs/Polaris/Grocket could handle 2 minions + SC esp if you boosted Blue to get him stunned.
    SC is a monster in the hands of the players but he's a zero in the hands of the AI.
    KGB
    I’m guessing you would not be able to bring three tile movers.  Just one and two goons yourself. That said, Mindless ones would be my choice. They spam CD tiles fast, buff specials, and have tons of health. Oddly I’d consider Ultron as my third despite me ranking him so low. He’d make sure there are always tiles for the goons to buff, and eventually buff them himself. His red can cut through any Wanda, Apoc, BRB, etc. plus goons team that’s out there (and with all the buffed specials the pitiful damage would get high). The team has AOE (green countdowns), stun (Ultron black) and pretty much does anything you need. It’s also scary on defense. You’d need a character who can wipe the countdowns/special tiles. Kitty could do it (with two Ultron Drones putting specials on the board for her to buff probably so she’s not a waste on offense). 

Shang isn’t scary enough on defense for me to skip over a BRB or Apoc plus battery team. Or the Ultron/Kitty teams above. Sure he can heal, but the damage ramp up would eventually outpace and topple him. Lightning fast offensive team though. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I second ultron and 2 brutes. It would be nasty within 5 turns.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Shang Chi can true heal, so he will heal himself every 2 or 3 turns.

Only if he has Combo points otherwise the Red power just destroys tiles for damage. The AI is very bad at keeping its combo points so it typically would have 0 or 1 combo point tops esp since as a player you'd be making sure to deny Red/Purple.
    KGB
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    How about a tournament once a week. Play as much as you like, but after your 3rd lost you are out and can't play anymore. The reward don't have to be much, but be fun. It could be 1v1. Anything to change the same old pve and pvp over and over and over again. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I think we are looking at this from different pov: offensively and defensively. Both are good to know.

How about Apocalypse with 1 Thug and 1 Hand or the other Ninja who can increase black and red aps, I think?

Or Adam Warlock with Thug and some goons who can create black aps? Constant healing and constant aoes?