Tend the Pests - not correct number of pest tokens [Investigating]

jogamundo
jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
Tend the Pests
Destroy target creature you control.
then, create X Pest tokens. X is equal to the base power of the destroyed creature.

Eradicator Valkyrie - 7/6 

Hall of Oracles
At the beginning of your turn: convert 2 gems to Loyalty gems.
When this support loses shield for the first time each turn: Gain 3 mana
Magecraft 1: Target creature you control gets +1/+1

I play Tend the Pests targeting my Eradicator Valkyrie (7/6), which triggers the Hall of Oracles, which I target a different creature with for the +1/+1 token. Then the Tend the Pests resolves and gives me 1 Pest token instead of 7.

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2021
    jogamundo said:
    Tend the Pests
    Destroy target creature you control.
    then, create X Pest tokens. X is equal to the base power of the destroyed creature.

Eradicator Valkyrie - 7/6 

Hall of Oracles
    At the beginning of your turn: convert 2 gems to Loyalty gems.
    When this support loses shield for the first time each turn: Gain 3 mana
    Magecraft 1: Target creature you control gets +1/+1

I play Tend the Pests targeting my Eradicator Valkyrie (7/6), which triggers the Hall of Oracles, which I target a different creature with for the +1/+1 token. Then the Tend the Pests resolves and gives me 1 Pest token instead of 7.

You may have confused greg,  I have played with that card and it was working just fine.  
    Can you post your decks and pw in our discord.  I am on vacation i can test and do a video.
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    the card by itself works fine, its when i have the Hall of Oracles in play that it messes up the Tend the Pests.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!

In order to help us, please provide the following information (only those you haven't provided yet) if you have it. You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game:

• Which card?

• Type and Subtype;

• Is it related to trigger, mechanic, text, or other?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event/Battle?

• BattleLog screenshot;

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Rebeca.

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Well, here's an old thread.
    I have a Tezz II build that used to dominate Trials Black with Blightcaster, Uvilda, Dean of Perfection, Daemogoth Titan, and Tend the Pests.
    Tend the Pests no longer creates 13 pests on what is essentially an empty board, when the Daemogoth is targeted.
    I'd make a video to prove it, if I were smart enough to figure that out.
  • Fliggl
    Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Zzyzzx said:
    Well, here's an old thread.
    I have a Tezz II build that used to dominate Trials Black with Blightcaster, Uvilda, Dean of Perfection, Daemogoth Titan, and Tend the Pests.
    Tend the Pests no longer creates 13 pests on what is essentially an empty board, when the Daemogoth is targeted.
    I'd make a video to prove it, if I were smart enough to figure that out.
    Yesterday I played with Daemogoth Titan and Tend the Pests and for me it worked just fine. Killing the Titan created 13 tokens
  • Zzyzzx
    It's been a while since I've played this build, I'd hoped the card was fixed by now but, sadly, it is not.
    I'll try and gather some evidence.
  • Zzyzzx
    edited March 2022
    1st slide, on the board: 3 gold tokens, 2 servo tokens, Teferi Hero of Dominaria (top), and Dack Fayden (bottom)
    2nd: I'm about to cast both cards
    3rd: Targeting the Titan, I popped 1 servo token with my swap.
    4th: The titan is destroyed and Tend the Pests card makes a flashy animation, but creates 0 out of 13 pest tokens.
    5th: Now it's Greg's turn.

This is in the Emergency Ordinances event, there is no special event support.
    I can attempt to recreate this in Training Grounds Standard.
  • Zzyzzx
    edited March 2022
    Now, if I steal a creature from Greg (Dack Fayden's passive), then target it with Tend  the Pests, it works.
    This is the same match as before.

This build is geared around slapping critters with Tend the Pests.  It's not crippled by getting 0 pests from the Daemagoth Titan, but it is better with it.

Whoops, forgot to fuzz out Greg's player name...done.
  • Zzyzzx
    This is the Tezzeret II deck