Festival of Fights

Options

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This event is awesome! First time I've used Yellowjacket since his last essential node, and he does clean up.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw a surpsingly large number of people running robbie reyes ghost rider in my early climb.  Once I got above 900 it was mostly apocalypse and clossus with a sprinkle of yellow jacket, shang chi, and ronan.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    YJ is easily MVP of this event.  Very few 5* have good AOE and he can go invisible very quickly and stay that one just by matching Blue/Green/Black.

I think there are not a ton of champed YJ out there as he was definitely not meta upon release and many skipped champing him.  But if you have him champed, do yourself a favor and try him out.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    YJ is easily MVP of this event.  Very few 5* have good AOE and he can go invisible very quickly and stay that one just by matching Blue/Green/Black.

I think there are not a ton of champed YJ out there as he was definitely not meta upon release and many skipped champing him.  But if you have him champed, do yourself a favor and try him out.
    Apocalypse one punches him , I really haven’t seen anyone unbeatable in this event , I haven’t faced Colossus though
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,707 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a great laugh when some idiot used Black Panther , being the character is IMMUNE to stun his major power is worthless. 
    Well he still got a win against you  :p

I wish my YJ was finished :(
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a great laugh when some idiot used Black Panther , being the character is IMMUNE to stun his major power is worthless. 
    Hmm… actually there is some merit in using BP. While he can no longer use his red as an attacking move, his red passive damage reduction should still work. Which means he would reduce 60% of incoming damage all the time, bec he doesn’t get stun. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The cascades are insane . I ran into a baby-champed Apoc who had 100 AP after turn 2.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apocalypse one punches him , I really haven’t seen anyone unbeatable in this event , I haven’t faced Colossus though
    Colossus beatable with YJ.  And YJ can beat Apoc.  And I'm sure Col can beat both.  It's like rock paper scissors.  However, I have tried all three and YJ is quicker and takes less health packs.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The TU lacking increases cascades.
    This was the first time that I climbed so fast to 1150 points with SC, and even winning a defense meanwhile. 
    My only loss was when I hit 800 points and I switched to apocalypse, my first battle with him vs another SC , so I switched to SC again. 
    Colossus is hard to win fighting him with SC, PX is hard too. I fought a few apocalypse and YJ, and a lot SC.
    Really funny event.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a long long drawn out battle with YJ against my Shang. What’s worse is that his YJ had just 1 cover. Apocalypse is easy to beat with Shang, so feel free to play him. 
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    If YJ goes invisable and stays invisable apoc can't 1 hit him. My only loss so far was just giving up waiting for a yellowjacket to become visable again. I was using shang chi and was reloading my health every turn but after like 15 minutes it was not worth it.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ran Heimddall to see how he fared... Mainly because I was surprised to not see him in this thread.

Went 14 and 0 for a good run beating most of the characters mentioned in this thread.

Board control is important though...

The 15th match was against apok....

Computers first go was a Cascade with so many matches I lost count. Hiemdall went down soon after.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shang-Chi had a bit of trouble in mirror matches and against Colossus, occasionally against Deadpool if he cascaded some black. Then I discovered match-damage boosts and destroyed everything and everyone. 
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I had an interminable YJ vs. YJ fight where we both maxed out our AP.  It took forever but I finally blocked enough blue where he couldn't go invisible against but no joke it took about 20 minutes at least.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Shang-Chi had a bit of trouble in mirror matches and against Colossus, occasionally against Deadpool if he cascaded some black. Then I discovered match-damage boosts and destroyed everything and everyone. 
    I was 3 and 1 against you today with Ghostpool. The amount of starting red and purple on a VS Shang board averages about 30 for me , it’s very suspicious.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    This is definitely the most popular PvP I have ever played . I’m basing that on over 100 attacks on me in 36 hours , I get a notification every 10 minutes I was in battle . The good thing is it’s a quick 75 wins in retaliation.
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I was 3 and 1 against you today with Ghostpool. The amount of starting red and purple on a VS Shang board averages about 30 for me , it’s very suspicious.
    I hope I was worth huge points. I did better than I ever had in a PvP (still only 1350). I imagine the loss was a red or purple cascade. That is usually how I lost to SC teams anyways.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder what characters 4* players are using? We don't have many 4* players left after some of them got promoted to 5* land.  :D
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got back into it a bit today tried running around with a few different 5*'s besides SC and Electro.
    Knull was not doing so hot. Col5 was okayish.
    But, Heimdall may be a lowkey champ. He quickly gets up his blue and the passive damage reduction is nice. The true heal and heavy red hits can get through a lot of heroes pretty quick.
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    I wonder what characters 4* players are using? We don't have many 4* players left after some of them got promoted to 5* land.  :D
    I suspect Karnak for pure 4* players but the few that come to this forum just Shang-Chi everything as well. It is hard to get a sense of these things on Discord or Reddit unfortunately. A different segment of the community posts to those forums.