Maximize my pve

Breadsticks
Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
edited December 2021 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Since I came back playing about 3 months ago I've been on a mission to get my roster to a competitive point. I'm not too concerned with pvp as I seem to have that down. I'm able to finish in the top 10 fairly consistently. 

Pve is a different story. I can generally finish in the top 25-100 but I'm not sure what are my best team options for my roster with regards to CL. 

I have SC in the 450s, juggernaut, medusa, Polaris, grocket, Chavez, Vulture, carnage, and gamora all champed. There are other 4*champed but I don't believe any of them will be useful for pve clears other than Valk who isn't champed but has 4 covers in yellow and 1 in black. I'm working on champing mantis and sabertooth which would give me all the meta and counter meta 4*. 

What teams could I use for cl8/cl9 based on what I have available? Is cl9 a stretch?

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
     I’m not sure about top-10 since 5* Thanos or Okoye, iHulk, 3* Thanos (or Warlock) is the meta speed team. Apparently they can do clears in around 15 minutes at lower CLs but don’t quote me on that. You can also try Chavez (with ap boosts) and SC at 3/5/5 and supports that boost critical damage. If you get Karnak add him as a third. I run Karnak at 3/5/5 with that team. That team works at SCL10 so should be fine at lower CLs. But it a poorer version of Colossus, SC, Chavez so I’m not sure if it is fast enough for placement. Juggernaut, Polaris, Grocket are what I used to use but you probably are already using that. 

Good Luck. Hopefully you get there quickly.
  • Breadsticks
    I'm working on karnak as well but I haven't been very fortunate with getting his covers, there haven't been any deals or events recently for him. Sekilicious said:
     I’m not sure about top-10 since 5* Thanos or Okoye, iHulk, 3* Thanos (or Warlock) is the meta speed team. Apparently they can do clears in around 15 minutes at lower CLs but don’t quote me on that. You can also try Chavez (with ap boosts) and SC at 3/5/5 and supports that boost critical damage. If you get Karnak add him as a third. I run Karnak at 3/5/5 with that team. That team works at SCL10 so should be fine at lower CLs. But it a poorer version of Colossus, SC, Chavez so I’m not sure if it is fast enough for placement. Juggernaut, Polaris, Grocket are what I used to use but you probably are already using that. 

I don't have any of those 5* with a decent amount of covers. :(
  • Sekilicious
    I'm working on karnak as well but I haven't been very fortunate with getting his covers, there haven't been any deals or events recently for him. Sekilicious said:

I don't have any of those 5* with a decent amount of covers. :(
    It’s ok. Progression at SCL10 has better rewards if it is available. In any event, Valkyrie with one black can still give extra ap, which is always helpful. Vulture can also help with countdowns if needed. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris/R4G/Kate Pryde can get you T10/T5 in SCL 8/9. 

For 5* node, you can use SC + America Chavez.
  • Breadsticks
    So I just got shield rank 120 and SCL 10 is now open. I decided to join scl 10 for "The Hunt" but I'm unable to clear as fast as the vets there. The progression rewards are nice and hopefully I can stay in the top 150 by the end. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited January 2022
    I was rarely able to get top-150 in SCL10 until I started playing on the flip. I joined the discord channel at the recommendation of @skittledaddy so that their bot automatically notifies me when to join. I find that I can make top-100 if I can manage 4 clears in each node, top-50 with 5, and top 20 if my play approximates optimal. I haven't quite figured out how to to get higher than top-20, but my schedule cannot permit optimal play anyways. 

Here is the link to the discord. https://discord.gg/Nk6XYAcR. There is a spreadsheet link on the MPQ Reddit as well. Or you can wait until just before the last hour of the first day and most slices will have flipped by then, though Slice 2 can be touch and go during the harder events, like the Simulator.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use SC/America Chavez + boost. With enough practice, you can slowly climb to T20 consistently. If you can play super fast, a 450 SC can let you earn T10 in scl 10. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

Scl10 should be your goal.
    Can do it easily with shang/chavez

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

Also use supports
    Shuris lab is good at 3 stars if you dont have many high