Suggestion: Redesign "Reunions" for next year

Jacklag
Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
There are too many boosted characters in Reunions. Basically every allowed character is also a boosted character. How about only characters with a family tie to another character in the game are allowed, but they only get boosted if there is another family member in the team?
This way players have the additional task of discovering relationships in the marvel universe they might not be aware.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any roster restriction basically creates winners and losers among the playerbase.  As long as they keep rotating the event restrictions its generally fine.  I actually thought this was an ideal event, where I had a big variety of max champed 4* to slot between Wanda Colossus.

Pick 3 with some sort of roster cutdown is ideal, because there is always someone who can fill in a niche roll.  I.e. You can always find a decent 5* pair and then slot in whatever 4* champ makes sense.  

Pick 2 can be brutal because you gotta deal with an weak essential and you don't have your usual fall back combos to rely on.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking of using Shang Chi to bulldoze SW/Colossus + Polaris/Odin but he was locked out. I have about half the 5* champed but I have access to only 1/3 of them. It looks like a lot are boosted, but depending on where you are, it might not be many.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of characters only getting the boost if you pair them with their people. 

I’m not enjoying this event. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    It's a nice suggestion, but I imagine it would be a bit fiddly to implement so wouldn't be worth the effort unless they plan on introducing the mechanic to many events rather than just this one.

Tangential question: why is Miles in this event? What's his family connection to any of the other characters?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally settled on Cardusa + Polaris to bulldoze the few people who actually played the event. It was nice playing a golden oldie and a good reminder how the ‘slow’ the  game used to be. Hopefully  they add Wenwu this year so next time I can just Shang-Chi everyone. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    Tangential question: why is Miles in this event? What's his family connection to any of the other characters?
    Prowler is his uncle.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something incredible happened to me. When I logged into the game, my scores fell from 12xx to 6xx points because I bought the wrong shield.

Seeing a sea of Wanda/Polaris/Colossus, Carbage/Medusa/Polaris, Carbage/Wanda/Polaris in Reunion with only a couple hours left, I decided to use Polaris/Sabretooth/Colossus just for the fun of it. I went in with +4 blue aps and stun either Carbage or Wanda (priority). And matches ended really quickly. It's even faster than Colossus/Wanda/Gamora. I was amazed by the speed (thanks to +4 blue aps too) of downing opponents and I rose to 12xx points again, quickly. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    I finally settled on Cardusa + Polaris to bulldoze the few people who actually played the event. It was nice playing a golden oldie and a good reminder how the ‘slow’ the  game used to be. Hopefully  they add Wenwu this year so next time I can just Shang-Chi everyone. 
    Yeah 4* land is just a sea of Polaris+Medusa with the 3rd being Carnage (both 4 & 5* versions), Juggs, Sabertooth and the occasional Rogue/Colossus/Wanda thrown in if a 4* player has them in the 400 range (not often since 5* boosts are only 10 levels for Wanda/Colossus).
    Since you are playing so many mirror matches you have to boost some Blue and hope that you get a Blue match early to stun Medusa before the AI gets its own stun off.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, was this supposed to be a roster-restricted event?  It just looked like a normal pick-3 except everyone got +15 levels.  100% of my available matches were SW Colossus PX.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    I agree with this I hated Reunions since 99% of players were using Polarisdusa with either Jugs Carnage Sabertooth 5 Wanda and Colossus.