**** Doc Ock (No Way Home) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited February 2022 in Character Details

Doc Ock (No Way Home)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Villains, Sinister Six

"Otto Octavius is a scientist with theories that could change the world. While working on a fusion experiment with a set of AI controlled tentacles, a catastrophic failure resulted in the tentacle arms being permanently fused to him and the AI partly controlling his psyche.

Still a brilliant inventor, Doc Ock now uses his intelligence for more nefarious purposes and often battles Spider-Man, one of the only people who can match his shining intellect."

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4223 Health / 15642 Health
 33 | 9 | 37 | 8 | 10 | 42 | 23 | 4.0x
 65 | 12 | 74 | 11 | 13 | 85 | 43 | 4.0x

Call to Arms - 9  AP
Doc Ock coordinates his mechanical arms to launch a powerful attack on his enemies. Shuffle the board, dealing 65 damage to the enemy team for each color of friendly Tentacle tile on the board, then remove all friendly Tentacle tiles. (Max level 126 damage)

(PASSIVE) Whenever you make a Blue, Black, or Yellow match, create a Tentacle tile in that color. At the start of the turn, remove all enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles in colors shared with friendly Tentacle tiles.
  • Level 2: Deals 93 damage. (Max level 180 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 232 damage. (Max level 450 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 346 damage. Can remove any enemy special tiles. (Max level 672 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 666 damage. (Max level 1290 damage)
A Mind of Their Own - 6  AP
Doc Ock hatches a cunning scheme, but his mechanical arms have their own plans in mind. Choose a pair of basic tiles to swap and convert to Tentacle tiles.

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if a friendly Tentacle tile shares a color with another, one of them will remake itself onto an adjacent basic tile that does not share a color with other friendly Tentacle tiles.
  • Level 2: If a Tentacle tile is remade, it deals 72 damage. (Max level 144 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 144 damage. (Max level 288 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 297 damage. (Max level 594 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 594 damage. Can convert enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles. (Max level 1188 damage)
Unbounded Potential - 7  AP
Otto Octavius's contributions to science grant him immense power. Choose a non-Yellow tile. Gain 2 AP in that tile's color, restore 176 health, and grant a burst of 176 health to Doc Ock's allies. If there's a friendly Tentacle tile in that color, gain an extra 1 AP. (Max level 343 health)
  • Level 2: Restores and grants a burst of 241 health. (Max level 470 health)
  • Level 3: Gain 3 AP, and an extra 2 AP if a Tentacle tile exists in the chosen color.
  • Level 4: Restores and grants a burst of 333 health. (Max level 648 health)
  • Level 5: Gain 4 AP. Restores and grants a burst of 426 health. (Max level 830 health)

Release Schedule

Release Events:

Story

Infinite Pursuit - Dec 30 - Jan 4

• Rewards tokens to the Infinite Pursuit Cover Pack

• Doc Ock (No Way Home) in Placement rewards

Unstable Iso-8 - Jan 3 - 7

• Doc Ock (No Way Home) in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - Jan 2 - 7

• Doc Ock (No Way Home) shards in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Doc Ock & Foes vault

Versus

Ice Breaker - Dec 30 - Jan 3

• Doc Ock (No Way Home) in Placement rewards

Love-Eight Relationship - Jan 2 - 5

• Doc Ock (No Way Home) in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Doc Ock & Foes vault

Offers

Doc Ock & Foes - Dec 30 - Jan 7

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Doc Ock cover

• 1x Quake 4-star cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Quicksilver 3-star cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Daken 2-star cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought doc ok was going to be really helpful will his tentacles but that yellow power now makes me unsure about actually being him.
    Looks like a really interesting kit and helpful to any tier, and a soft counter to polaris and special tiles users.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another anti-Polaris 4*...

But the passive special tile remover are strong. It can remove any type of tiles, except for special character tiles. Once you have 6 colours in place, Polaris, Carnage, BRB passive ability etc. is as good as useless. Even Wanda and Kitty can't escape from having their tiles removed.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    If it is Doctor Octopus, and the <TILETYPE>s are tentacles, will an opposing 5* Doc Oct use them to be stun immune?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    The anti-tile force is strong in this one . 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    The anti-tile force is strong in this one . 

Without straight nerfing Polaris, I think this is the way to go? Seems like a strong counter-measure, excited to give them a go.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this character. This is the kind of Polaris nerf I can get behind. Hopefully it isn’t Doc Ock. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did we need another anti Polaris release? I do nothing but hit brb Polaris and kitty teams in sim with morbious and thor okoye and I’ve never got close to losing a single one yet.

is this easier than morbious who all you have to do is match one special and if you deny blue you have a secondary back up.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won't Polaris just stun this guy first then go on doing exactly what she did before?
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah he would be more dangerous to her if his black was cheaper. If he became stun immune if had special tiles in more than one color he would be a better counter.

I see him more as a third to take in against brb and kitty teams.

Well see what the numbers come out at, but I’m not expecting and great damage numbers.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think he is a soft counter.
    He needs to match tiles on his 3 colors(I will take "when you make a match" like "when the team makes a match"), and he places his special tiles on the color matched: half of the colors containing enemy special tiles are safe.
    Then he has a cheap blue wich can create his special tiles on the colors not available: he then completes his soft counter but its an strategic power, AI won't take advantage of that. 
    And, of course, getting rid off his special tiles will make the counter fail.
    I think he is really interesting because he is a random shuffler, a strategic shuffler, and a AP provider: SC and big wheel now are paying attention. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This character pairs really well with Shang-Chi. A ton of board manipulation and AP generation.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if this character will have synergy with SM2099 or just get in his way. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, "I will not die a monster" is a movie quote... I think it's pretty clear who this is going to be.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the wording of the Black power being 'shuffle' I wonder if it will work like Quake (no matches on the shuffle) or 5* Doom (possibility of matches).
    If it works like Quakes it makes it much less valuable a power.
    KGB
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    We all know it's doc oc, but they threw in the yellow power to make us hope for Omega Red again =(!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oooh I like this. Naturally he's coming out just as I'm getting close to max champing Polaris.

Gunning for him regardless.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is Doctor Octopus, and the <TILETYPE>s are tentacles, will an opposing 5* Doc Oct use them to be stun immune?
    In all this character's powers it says *friendly* <TILETYPE>, which seemed weird if they're tentacle tiles. 

So I went and checked 5* Doc Ock, and his blue power actually says it only counts friendly tentacle tiles! 

I hadn't noticed that before, I wonder if it was patched in recently?  Of course nobody uses him, so it might have been that way since the beginning.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    In all this character's powers it says *friendly* <TILETYPE>, which seemed weird if they're tentacle tiles. 

So I went and checked 5* Doc Ock, and his blue power actually says it only counts friendly tentacle tiles! 

I hadn't noticed that before, I wonder if it was patched in recently?  Of course nobody uses him, so it might have been that way since the beginning.
    Good point.  I don't recall if 5*'s power mentioned friendly tiles before.  Hopefully there will be a change so that you can tell the difference between friendly and enemy tentacle tiles.
    I just tested with my Doc Ock against the AI's, and I was able to stun the enemy Doc Ock with a tentacle tile I created on the board.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I found a thread from 2018 where it mentions the friendly tentacle tiles. So it seems like that has been the case.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'll be interesting to note whether matching Tentacles tiles trigger abilities that involve matching special tiles such as Morbius, 3* Hawkeye etc. Because such tiles are considered another category of tiles called Character tiles. Other characters with such tiles are Dr Strange and Gwenpool. 

This character could be another potential winfinite depending on 1) whether his shuffling creates matches 2) number of ap gained via his yellow power.

5* Dr Doom's board shuffle is called completely reshuffle and Quake's called shuffle. Both words have the same meaning in this context but act differently. It reminds me of interaction between allies and teammates.