SCL10

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    …I switched to Gritty for the Pick-2 nodes with 3 non-tile movers as SC and Hulkbuster can be a little slow to getting going. Frankly that is the first time I didn’t use Polaris since champing her. …
    I’ve found that, if they’re strong enough, Polaris + Grocket are faster than Gritty on those nodes. Sometimes I have to use Gritty, though, which takes way more finesse and, therefore, time. These might be completely  idiosyncratic experiences, however
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    …I switched to Gritty for the Pick-2 nodes with 3 non-tile movers as SC and Hulkbuster can be a little slow to getting going. Frankly that is the first time I didn’t use Polaris since champing her. …
    I’ve found that, if they’re strong enough, Polaris + Grocket are faster than Gritty on those nodes. Sometimes I have to use Gritty, though, which takes way more finesse and, therefore, time. These might be completely  idiosyncratic experiences, however
    Yeah. Normally I try to fill the board with strikes or protects (with BRB) before they get going. It can work pretty well. Those goons were pretty slow. The Soldier kept putting out a green countdown which Kitty happily ate and did damage. Better damage as the match progressed.
  • Sekilicious
    So turns out Pick-3 PvP with Shang-Chi is pretty similar to the Polaris meta. You can hit anyone and win while everyone hits you. I only skipped Colossus and Killmonger teams, but maybe would have been fine. All X-men are boosted in the Danger Room, so my primary team was SC with Professor 4x and Valkyrie. Both are effective in giving SC lots of red ap. I was so successful offensively that I figured I could make 1200 pts, and if I knew how to shield hop effectively I would have. But I need practice and as it currently stands once I reach 1100 pts I immediately lose 200 since I am such a juicy delicious target. 4*s have no defensive value at all. It will be interesting to see if SC and Valkyrie can consistently handle Pick-2 PvP or if I will have to switch to another. Hopefully I can champ Sersi in a couple of months.

Cosmic Chaos is awful. I need a broader 5* roster. I had trouble in the usual places, the 5e and Challenge nodes. Getting to Progression should be fine though. 
  • Yepyep
    Cosmic Chaos is awful. I need a broader 5* roster. I had trouble in the usual places, the 5e and Challenge nodes. Getting to Progression should be fine though. 
    I think it's the hardest event, though Sim and The Hunt rival it. Those events are almost all tile movers. At least CC is fun and interesting...
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    Yepyep said:
    I think it's the hardest event, though Sim and The Hunt rival it. Those events are almost all tile movers. At least CC is fun and interesting...
    Much better than Dark Avengers to be sure. On Day 3 I found teams that got me through most of it relatively easily.  Man I would love a champed Apocalypse and Thor right now though.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Apocalypse, Blob and Polaris is definitely a fun team for this.
  • Sekilicious
    Apocalypse, Blob and Polaris is definitely a fun team for this.
    Yeah, I need to get better at identifying synergies that I have instead of complaining about characters I don't have, haha. The first day I was annoyed that BRB, Apocalypse and Polaris  then C4rnage, Apocalypse, and Blob were having trouble with the 5e node. Sometimes the answers are right there in the boosted list. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    So turns out Pick-3 PvP with Shang-Chi is pretty similar to the Polaris meta. You can hit anyone and win while everyone hits you. I only skipped Colossus and Killmonger teams, but maybe would have been fine. All X-men are boosted in the Danger Room, so my primary team was SC with Professor 4x and Valkyrie. Both are effective in giving SC lots of red ap. I was so successful offensively that I figured I could make 1200 pts, and if I knew how to shield hop effectively I would have. But I need practice and as it currently stands once I reach 1100 pts I immediately lose 200 since I am such a juicy delicious target. 4*s have no defensive value at all. It will be interesting to see if SC and Valkyrie can consistently handle Pick-2 PvP or if I will have to switch to another. Hopefully I can champ Sersi in a couple of months.

Shield at 1100 then.
    Tbh these off season events aren't a great indication of pvp in the season,much lower points and far less qs.
    Shield up and search for qs an 8 hr would have given you enough time to find 2 70+ qs.
    If you aren't confident in doing 2 just do the 1 and go again when you are ready.
    You gotta dip your toes in sometime!
    Good luck👍
  • Sekilicious

Shield at 1100 then.
    Tbh these off season events aren't a great indication of pvp in the season,much lower points and far less qs.
    Shield up and search for qs an 8 hr would have given you enough time to find 2 70+ qs.
    If you aren't confident in doing 2 just do the 1 and go again when you are ready.
    You gotta dip your toes in sometime!
    Good luck👍
    Yeah. I didn’t shield in time since I lost points in the middle of a fight. It will take practice. Or SC is fast enough I can just get to 75 if I can’t figure it out. 
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I'm curious to see what others do, when you run the BRB/Pol/Juggs winfinite, do you ever pause to see if you have a match 5 available, or do you just autopilot Jug green? In the 2 days that I have run it in the challenge node, I find that it wins, it's just super slow because the damage isn't all that great, since my BRB is only 0/1/1. So if I can make a match 5, that usually will bump the damage up a little to help out. I underestimated how slow it was when I started the final challenge node with like 15 minutes left, and still didn't finish before the event finished. I did win and get the reward for it, just didn't get the points for it.
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    hothie said:
    I'm curious to see what others do, when you run the BRB/Pol/Juggs winfinite, do you ever pause to see if you have a match 5 available, or do you just autopilot Jug green? In the 2 days that I have run it in the challenge node, I find that it wins, it's just super slow because the damage isn't all that great, since my BRB is only 0/1/1. So if I can make a match 5, that usually will bump the damage up a little to help out. I underestimated how slow it was when I started the final challenge node with like 15 minutes left, and still didn't finish before the event finished. I did win and get the reward for it, just didn't get the points for it.
    When I first ran the Juggernaut winfinite I did keep pushing his green and switching to BRB's when there was enough ap. But that got old very quickly. Now I just winfinite until I have enough blue to stun the entire enemy team and enough Protect tiles on the board to keep them there. Against non-tile movers, you just have to fill the board with special tiles so they cannot put down new countdowns. Then just match away and fire powers as necessary though be careful matching strikes with protects, as the game will place protects before strikes and reduce your damage potential. Polaris and BRB make it easy to get to the point where the board is filled. But yeah, without BRB champed the winfinite can be as slow as tinykitty. 

As for timing, I found I was  never fast or completed enough nodes for good placement. Even with boosted Shang-Chi I find clears are closer to an hour than the 20-30 minutes I need for top placement. If you can complete all the nodes on the final flip I have been good enough for top-50 regardless of when I play and whether I do 4 or 5 clears. The few extra points for 'optimal' just do not matter. When I can't clear all nodes I can still normally get just inside the top-100. 
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    hothie said:
    When I first ran the Juggernaut winfinite I did keep pushing his green and switching to BRB's when there was enough ap. But that got old very quickly. Now I just winfinite until I have enough blue to stun the entire enemy team and enough Protect tiles on the board to keep them there. Against non-tile movers, you just have to fill the board with special tiles so they cannot put down new countdowns. Then just match away and fire powers as necessary though be careful matching strikes with protects, as the game will place protects before strikes and reduce your damage potential. Polaris and BRB make it easy to get to the point where the board is filled. But yeah, without BRB champed the winfinite can be as slow as tinykitty. 

As for timing, I found I was  never fast or completed enough nodes for good placement. Even with boosted Shang-Chi I find clears are closer to an hour than the 20-30 minutes I need for top placement. If you can complete all the nodes on the final flip I have been good enough for top-50 regardless of when I play and whether I do 4 or 5 clears. The few extra points for 'optimal' just do not matter. When I can't clear all nodes I can still normally get just inside the top-100. 
    Thanks. Surprisingly I was able to green check all of the nodes, with the last challenge node being the last one, which I didn't finish in time. I only had time to do the 4 wins per, If I get time I could try for the 5th win. Seeing as this was my first foray into CL10, I learned about how long it takes me to finish nodes, so I have that moving forward from here. I'm actually pleasantly surprised I was able to complete it fairly easily, although I'm sure story modes against tile-movers will be far more difficult.
  • Sekilicious
    So playing the 2nd flip of Slice 1 I got to top-20 on 85k points. Only 3k from #1. Not bad for non Optimal play. I would like to cut my times down further but will need a broader roster to get there. 
  • Yepyep
    So playing the 2nd flip of Slice 1 I got to top-20 on 85k points. Only 3k from #1. Not bad for non Optimal play. I would like to cut my times down further but will need a broader roster to get there. 
    Yeah, T20 is my general goal. Unless real life cuts me down, while T50 I can always fro with a pretty broad set of 5s (47 champed). The reality is that relatively few players fully grind every node, so if I just do that and reasonably on time I can make T50 as a matter of course. The difference between T10 and T20 is massive, though. At least in 4.10 first flip where I usually play. I've only made T10 a handful of times, usually with less desirable prizes (though when you're a baby 5 every 5* shard counts. Together with me now:

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
    Every shard is sacred,
    Every shard is great,
    If a shard is wasted,
    Stan gets quite irate.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶 

• Sekilicious
    Yepyep said:
    Yeah, T20 is my general goal. Unless real life cuts me down, while T50 I can always fro with a pretty broad set of 5s (47 champed). The reality is that relatively few players fully grind every node, so if I just do that and reasonably on time I can make T50 as a matter of course. The difference between T10 and T20 is massive, though. At least in 4.10 first flip where I usually play. I've only made T10 a handful of times, usually with less desirable prizes (though when you're a baby 5 every 5* shard counts. Together with me now:

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
    Every shard is sacred,
    Every shard is great,
    If a shard is wasted,
    Stan gets quite irate.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶 

Oh yeah, I said 3k like it wasn't a big deal. But the fact is I got every single point I could without playing optimally. If I had play optimally it might have been 1-2k more, which I think still would have left me out of the top ten. The 20 minute clears to get 3k more points is not possible with Shang-Chi as a solo 5* champ I think. Still I'm pretty happy where I am. I'm managing full clears of every node in DvMPQ so I should be fine for decent placement rewards going forward.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep said:

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
    Every shard is sacred,
    Every shard is great,
    If a shard is wasted,
    Stan gets quite irate.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶 

Oh yeah, I said 3k like it wasn't a big deal. But the fact is I got every single point I could without playing optimally. If I had play optimally it might have been 1-2k more, which I think still would have left me out of the top ten. The 20 minute clears to get 3k more points is not possible with Shang-Chi as a solo 5* champ I think. Still I'm pretty happy where I am. I'm managing full clears of every node in DvMPQ so I should be fine for decent placement rewards going forward.
    As fun as he is, Shang-Chi is unbelievably slow, at least for me. I can live with that, because he lets me power through in situations where I might not be able to otherwise. But he is definitely not the golden key to high placement...
  • Sekilicious
    Yepyep said:
    Yepyep said:

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
    Every shard is sacred,
    Every shard is great,
    If a shard is wasted,
    Stan gets quite irate.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶 

As fun as he is, Shang-Chi is unbelievably slow, at least for me. I can live with that, because he lets me power through in situations where I might not be able to otherwise. But he is definitely not the golden key to high placement...
    He is apparently much faster as 3/5/5 with Chavez and Colossus. Mostly because then every critical Chavez puts down is boosted match damage in every color but green. Any extra damage from his blue is a bonus and his purple is an extreme nuke if you have a few combo points. His red is what slows everything down, though as you said, greatly increases his survivability.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep said:
    Yepyep said:

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
    Every shard is sacred,
    Every shard is great,
    If a shard is wasted,
    Stan gets quite irate.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶 

He is apparently much faster as 3/5/5 with Chavez and Colossus. Mostly because then every critical Chavez puts down is boosted match damage in every color but green. Any extra damage from his blue is a bonus and his purple is an extreme nuke if you have a few combo points. His red is what slows everything down, though as you said, greatly increases his survivability.
    Yes, I've used him a lot with Chavez -- but he's a clever design, making it incredibly hard to ignore his powers and just match tiles for damage rather than seek out his red and purple. Also, Chavez-based teams absolutely require use of supports augmenting critical tile damage for optimal play, but then you can't put another support on S-C boosting red/purple AP so you're kind of stuck using him one way only (though you can put Quantum Realm on one of his teammates).
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    Yepyep said:
    Yepyep said:
    Yepyep said:

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
    Every shard is sacred,
    Every shard is great,
    If a shard is wasted,
    Stan gets quite irate.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶 

Yes, I've used him a lot with Chavez -- but he's a clever design, making it incredibly hard to ignore his powers and just match tiles for damage rather than seek out his red and purple. Also, Chavez-based teams absolutely require use of supports augmenting critical tile damage for optimal play, but then you can't put another support on S-C boosting red/purple AP so you're kind of stuck using him one way only (though you can put Quantum Realm on one of his teammates).
    In Webbed Wonder I managed 35 minute clears with him at 3/5/5 and partnered with Chavez and Valkyrie. 1 boost to all ap. I switched to 5/5/3 with Valkyrie for Pick-2.  I am missing Daredevil so take that for what it is worth I guess. Still the fastest clears I have ever done . He is boosted so that time was probably terrible, lol.

He plays so much differently when 5/5/3 vs 3/5/5. That is good to keep from getting too bored. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if it's just because I only have Shang partially covered, but I don't find him to be all that quick with Chavez and Valkyrie. At least for the CN (I was being lazy and sticking to Polaris+Gritty for the others), I find him better paired with Cyclops and Karnak. No need to keep checking who the bounty is on and their yellow, green and blue powers all help in keeping the matches rolling in. Cyclops' green has the added benefit of a stun and covering up Daken's strike tiles. 

Still couldn't get the final clear on the first day though.