Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Electro/Quake + Wanda
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Electro/Quake + Wanda
    It is very sad these characters are not yet champed. But someday. Someday. However. I do have enough covers for Quake for her to be useful in various Puzzle Gauntlets. 
  • HoundofShadow
    You don't need Electro/Wanda champed. 1 yellow cover  and 1 green wanda cover is signicant enough to deal with them unless you are facing max champed team. Throw in Demiurge and fire his yellow and watch yourself receiving 1 damage.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    hothie said:
    I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I never realized the synergy of Be4st with BRB.

Be4st's black creates protect tiles, which feeds BRB's ap generation. And Be4sts's green creates blue charged tiles, which further compounds onto the blue ap train.

Add in Polaris, and in the Evergreen pvp it has been steamrolling through some very good teams. With all of the green I'm firing Be4st's green often, and I can usually get enough blue ap to stun-lock them early and roll to victory. And that's with my BRB only being 1/1/0, I don't even have his green to fire.
    I have been targeting those (there are quite a few BRB, Polaris, Th4nos out there too) teams with Blob, Polaris, and Teen Jean (sometimes Thanos), haha. Blob has been pretty awesome in Evergreen with Polaris dominating everybody's MMR. Teen Jean helps with the extra green tiles that keep dropping (I had almost forgotten about Polaris Cascades), not to mention there are a few Hulk bombs out there.  If this was a regular event Jean would quickly become meta. I'm still working out how to take out Hammer Juggs, Polaris, Grocket without eating health packs

Lol. Guess who just popped up on my screen? Pol/Blob/Th4nos. Nice combo, not looking forward to it, for sure...

Time to see if I can put my money where my mouth is... :P

Edit: Victory!! But a VERY tough one. BRB was at 149 health, Be4st was at 439 health, and Pol pretty much ended where she started st 7K. Blue AP generation kept your team stun locked for long enough to grab the win, buuuuut, yeah, you've got a good defensive combo there for sure. Was a bit of a nail biter when both Thanos and Blob woke up....

Also, just checked the leaderboard. I know it will change, but

#24 Sekilicious at 711
    #25 Hothie at 710

Made me lol again. :)
  • Sekilicious
    hothie said:
    hothie said:
    I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I never realized the synergy of Be4st with BRB.

Be4st's black creates protect tiles, which feeds BRB's ap generation. And Be4sts's green creates blue charged tiles, which further compounds onto the blue ap train.

Add in Polaris, and in the Evergreen pvp it has been steamrolling through some very good teams. With all of the green I'm firing Be4st's green often, and I can usually get enough blue ap to stun-lock them early and roll to victory. And that's with my BRB only being 1/1/0, I don't even have his green to fire.
    I have been targeting those (there are quite a few BRB, Polaris, Th4nos out there too) teams with Blob, Polaris, and Teen Jean (sometimes Thanos), haha. Blob has been pretty awesome in Evergreen with Polaris dominating everybody's MMR. Teen Jean helps with the extra green tiles that keep dropping (I had almost forgotten about Polaris Cascades), not to mention there are a few Hulk bombs out there.  If this was a regular event Jean would quickly become meta. I'm still working out how to take out Hammer Juggs, Polaris, Grocket without eating health packs

Lol. Guess who just popped up on my screen? Pol/Blob/Th4nos. Nice combo, not looking forward to it, for sure...

Time to see if I can put my money where my mouth is... :P

Edit: Victory!! But a VERY tough one. BRB was at 149 health, Be4st was at 439 health, and Pol pretty much ended where she started st 7K. Blue AP generation kept your team stun locked for long enough to grab the win, buuuuut, yeah, you've got a good defensive combo there for sure. Was a bit of a nail biter when both Thanos and Blob woke up....

Also, just checked the leaderboard. I know it will change, but

#24 Sekilicious at 711
    #25 Hothie at 710

Made me lol again. :)
    Good win haha. Usually in my hands I end up with the bottom rows full of countdowns and the top full of protects. Stuns are the best offense sometimes. 
  • Sekilicious
    Boosted Shang-Chi + Chavez + Karnak + 1 red/yellow + 1 blue/purple = melted Fatpin
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Found this team with the current 4E.

Shang-Chi/Valkyrie/Mysterio

Run Mysterio at 3/5/5. Fire SC red for his usual combo points, but I usually try to clear Valk's yellow strike tiles when I can to keep the board tidy for SC, which then feeds Mysterio. Fire Mysterios cheap yellow when able and the purple AP comes in at a nice rate. SC red is also a easy way to feed Mysterious blue passive especially if SC has the Kimoyo beads support.

My new go-to challenge node team, as I'm only a baby 5* player :) 
  • Sekilicious
    So it might not be fast and it gets annoying when yellow and black tiles are lacking but Apocalypse, Morbius, and Vulture does pretty good work against Mindless Ones. I have Sanctum Santorum on Morbius. Savage Mindless ones suck, but Morbius can take care of their attacks with blue. Eventually Vulture and Morbius combine to keep everything clear and if you find yellow the board can be filled with protect tiles to prevent further spawning. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I experimented a little with Ikaris teams. I tried Ikaris/5Carnage/Polaris which was really nice. The extra match from Carnage ramps up the damage that Ikaris does to the last enemy when he's airborne. The extra matches also aid in getting the needed Red and Purple AP to keep Ikaris airborne, too. Unfortunately, this combo doesn't seem to be much better than any other Polaris/Carnage combo. 

I also tried Ikaris/Juggern4ut/Chavez. This one I like much more. The AoE from Juggs followed by the extra damage from Ikaris, then add to that extra matches from Chavez's critical tiles to double up the damage from Juggs and Ikaris is awesome. There's something about that barrage of orangish red numbers scattered across the enemy team that is pleasing to me. If your Ikaris is fully covered, give this team a try. Mine is undercovered and still pretty awesome. Just make sure Juggs is tanking most of the colors.
  • HoundofShadow
    Polaris and 4* Beast is good to pump up those red and purple ap. You can give it a try. 
  • Sekilicious
    Shang-Chi, Valkyrie, and Doc Ock is pretty good against SAP users. All three of Ock’s powers supports what SC wants to do. Kick tinykitty and take names mostly 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got to run this team that I had been thinking about for a bit.

Knull, Ultron, and Grocket4* and it starts to melt pretty early. A pretty fast team that plays to Ultrons strengths early.

You will need some health packs since there is no damage reduction, but I handled the challenge nodes in 5-8 turns.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2022
    I'm currently trying to fit Flash, aka Agent Venom, into a team. Can someone test BRB + Flash out for me? My own BRB lacks his blue power, I have only a single level on his yellow passive.

The logic of the team should be this: 
    - With sufficient AP in any color, Flash's black becomes a passive boardshake that (at max level) destroys 9 tiles (any tiles) but it also causes him to damage himself for a little bit.
    - BRB's yellow makes him gain blue + green AP from each friendly protect tile destroyed and his blue (Clash of the Worthy) creates more protects when someone on his team takes damage.

I don't know if Flash hurting himself with Alien Weakness will trigger Clash of the Worthy's protect tile generation, but I think it should.

In case this works I would only need to throw in a healing character for Flash to keep his health up. Kind of a wonky synergy, but I can't really think of anything better with Flash. Unless someone else has a better idea.

I already tried my Polaris + BRB (y'know only 1 cover on yellow) + Flash. When he gathers enough AP for Military Might to become Alien Weakness he keeps destroying the tiles passively but he gathers too much AP from BRB's yellow and the random cascades produced after boardshakes, way too much AP and then Flash keeps shaking the board but losing health, so I was disappointed with this.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Self damage wont proc it as far as I have tested it. I could be wrong, but this won't work as you imagine it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    I always wanted to use Flash with 5* Panther. I have him nearly done, so I’ll be able to report back on that in another ~16 LT pulls. But I can confirm BRB doesn’t create protects off of self harm.
  • HoundofShadow
    I used Agent Venom with Domino before They feed on each other passive ability. I'll throw in Silk for passive healing and let Silk use black aps. Every web tiles destroyed or matched by you heals the lowest health ally.
  • Daniel2121
    dianetics said:
    Self damage wont proc it as far as I have tested it. I could be wrong, but this won't work as you imagine it.
    Oh that's bad... so there's no way to make the self-damage useful?
  • HoundofShadow
    You can fight against enemy Eddie Brock. He will create protect tile for you when you do self damage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    Oh that's bad... so there's no way to make the self-damage useful?
    I think you disregard the self damage and focus on the board shake. I'm wondering if Danver5 could create enough yellow for him to keep the team invisible and force Panther to Move or Be Moved regularly - the problem here is that nobody on this team can produce the level of strike spam you need for that Danver5 passive to work. 
  • Daniel2121
    I always wanted to use Flash with 5* Panther. I have him nearly done, so I’ll be able to report back on that in another ~16 LT pulls. But I can confirm BRB doesn’t create protects off of self harm.
    How would these two guys work together?