Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2021 in Event Details

“May I have this dance?”       

Event Type: PvP, Coalition

No Entrance Fee

Deck Restrictions: Standard

Rewards: Progression, Rank 

Number of nodes: 2 nodes, each with a different event support spawned for the player;

Each node allows a specific variety of Planeswalker colors, being for Body and Soul White, Blue and Green, while Blood and Icor allows Red and Black PWs;

Initial Charges: 1 | Max Charges: 4

Recharge Time: 8h

Event Duration: 46h

As Olivia reawakened Edgar Markov, she planned an important event: a marriage unifying the Voldaren and Markov bloodlines, placing all vampires under her control. That, aligned with the everlasting night motivated the humans to fight for their freedom. Teaming up with geists and even other beings, they plan on crashing this wedding for good

SPECIAL RULES

Each node features a different event support spawned for the player. Once you choose a node, you’ll battle players who selected the other.

Each node features a different event support that will affect the player, while the other will affect their opponents. The supports are:

• Body and Soul (top node):  Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace

• Blood and Icor (bottom node):  'Till (un)death do us part 

Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace  

(White, Blue, Green) Support Card (Indestructible) Token

Creatures you control with base power 2 or less gain Training.

When a creature you control trains: The first card in your graveyard that can gain mana gains full mana. Target creature you control without Training gets +1/+1.

'Till (un)death do us part 

(Red, Black) Support Card (Indestructible) Token
When a creature enters the battlefield: If it’s not a Vampire -Their controller loses 1 life. You gain 1 life. Otherwise: You gain 2 life.
When you gain life: Create 5 Blood tokens. At the beginning of your turn: The first Vampire creature in your hand gains X mana. X is the amount of Blood tokens.

OBJECTIVES

Body and Soul (top node)

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score.

• Rest in Mania

• Transform 2 or more creatures with Disturb during a single fight.

• Reward: +3 Score.

•  Apprentice

• Cast 4 or more creatures with base power 2 or less.

• Reward: +2 Score.

Blood and Icor (bottom node)

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score.

•  Blood Potency

• Win a fight with a Blood token with 6 or more shield on the board.

• Reward: +3 Score.

• Elysium

•  Cast 4 or more creatures with the Vampire subtype

• Reward: +2 Score

REWARDS

----------

Post your strategies for this event below!

Comments

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Please don't do this to your player base.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    madwren said:
    Please stop designing events with ridiculously high objective numbers. CAST 8 vampires? C'mon. Let us aggro players have an event every now and then.
    Re-read the body and soul objectives. That one is cast 11 creatures, granted 5 are from GY and the support helps, but that feels like it could be a more difficult challenge. They certainly are making it hard to win fast. 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    Re-read the body and soul objectives. That one is cast 11 creatures, granted 5 are from GY and the support helps, but that feels like it could be a more difficult challenge. They certainly are making it hard to win fast. 
    Not only that but if you play with disturb creatures and you cast the disturbed side from the Graveyard, you can have both sides of the creature at the same time on the battlefield. You can have up to 5 creatures on your side of the battlefield which causes the game to soft lock and lose that game.

Edit:
    Some players have been able to get their game soft locked always and some others don't. I just managed to attack with 6 creatures in one turn without the game soft locking itself
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    I really cant' believe they are doing this to the community.
    On Discord, many people are already criticizing this event.
    D3, you sure you want do this?

• BongoTheGrey
    Look at this video. 6 creatures on my side of the battlefield and attacking at the same time. You can easily see 5, the 6th one can't be seen but you can see Greg getting hit by it.

http://imgur.com/a/jez8flu
  • Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2021
    Sorry but.... This is just ridiculous! A game is supposed to be fun! These objectives are just painful to achieve! I love this game, but I like to design decks that are fun and fast, and this event will make me do decks that are neither! Each of these games will take over 10 minutes, maybe 15 or 20 just to get the cards out! And then you will have to survive a normal deck made by someone who won't care for the objectives! This is bad! Believe me when I tell you this.... If you design events like this and you force us to play them you will definitely lose players!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 253 cards combined from the last 2 sets and 9 have disturb — I can’t imagine how a new or mid level player will build a deck for this events. 

It’s just plain thoughtless. 
  • BongoTheGrey
    bk1234 said:
    I have 253 cards combined from the last 2 sets and 9 have disturb — I can’t imagine how a new or mid level player will build a deck for this events. 

It’s just plain thoughtless. 
    The saddest part is that you have 9 out of the only 10 cards with disturb on the whole game and the last one is a rare vanguard so if that's the one missing you can say you have them all. All 10 disturb cards are from Midnight hunt. Not even a single one is from Crimson Vow. Out of the 350 new cards included on both Innistrad sets we are being forced  to use cards from a pool of just 10 cards to use a specific mechanic.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it so much!
    I have passed on your comments to the team and they are thinking about improvements for this event.
    Thanks for your patience,
    Rebeca
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
  • BongoTheGrey
    Thanks a lot Rebeca!
    I'm sure that everyone that is concerned about this event loves the game and appreciates the time the devs have spent on creating new cards and events. We all want to keep having fun while playing the game and that's exactly why we are suggesting the changes. We not only want to use the new cards but also have fun doing it
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    edited December 2021
    Hello,

We had a Data Push today and some objectives of the Matrimonium event were changed:
      • Rest in Mania: Transform 2 or more creatures with Disturb during a single fight.

• Apprentice: Cast 4 or more creatures with base power 2 or less.

• Blood Potency: Win a fight with a Blood token with 6 or more shield on the board.

• Elysium: Cast 4 or more creatures with the Vampire subtype.

Rebeca.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Many thanks.  I think I could hear an audible sigh of relief from Discord.
  • BongoTheGrey
    Tank you so much! Now we can play with the new cards and have fun while doing it. Thanks for showing us that you care about the players <3
  • Persil
    Many people report that Disturb causes softlocks. Devs admitted it as "known issue" and is being fixed.

So there are two scenarios:
    - the bug will be fixed in next 2 days (before the weekend), however there's no gquarantee there won't be new issues around the ability (fiixing bugs in rush is always risky)
    - the bug won't get fixed in next 2 days and people will be forced be objectives to use game-freezing ability

Imho, because of this, Matrimonium should be postponed and replaced this weekend by other event.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Persil said:
    Many people report that Disturb causes softlocks. Devs admitted it as "known issue" and is being fixed.

So there are two scenarios:
    - the bug will be fixed in next 2 days (before the weekend), however there's no gquarantee there won't be new issues around the ability (fiixing bugs in rush is always risky)
    - the bug won't get fixed in next 2 days and people will be forced be objectives to use game-freezing ability

Imho, because of this, Matrimonium should be postponed and replaced this weekend by other event.
    As far as I know it’s just one card. 
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    This didn’t soft lock, but maybe puts an emphasis on how broken disturbed is. That is the same card, three times, unreinforced, all permanent. 

• Persil
    edited December 2021
    FFS, the very 1st Coalition game with Disturb broke.

@Oktagon_Support Dear devs. Numerous people have reported that this ability is broken and softlocks the game. So why, instead of postponing the event till the ability is fixed, you force us to play a ranked game with ability which breaks the game?

Why, why, why?