***** Big Wheel (Jackson Weele) *****

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    KGB said:
    Thanos said:

Since there's no cap to his speed point, and you can gain more than 2 points per turn,
    He resets at 10 points, re-read his blue.

Also where are you reading he can only gain 2 per turn? It says:
    "Whenever Big Wheel's team makes a match beyond the first in a turn, Big Wheel gains 1 Speed Point."
    So each successive match past the 1st one adds 1 (or 2) spin points. Nothing there says it's limited to gaining once per turn.
    KGB

The wording on his blue is a little vague but i'd think they'd word it more like this: "For any matches beyond the first in a turn, gain a speed point" if you could get more than one point per turn. I highly doubt they're gonna let you build up 50 points and hit for gazillion damage. If I'm wrong, that makes him significantly better and I'll eat my hat.
    Btw, if he does turn out to be a damage powerhouse I'll be sad cause I'm not spending CP on his awful release store nor any LT's until at least Gam Gams is out of latests.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    Actually his green aoe isn't boosted by the speed points. The random enemy hit is boosted.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    While it's true that this is a ridiculously obscure character, is everybody forgetting that there is a spider man movie coming out this week?!  Could we be seeing this character in 3 days?!  Maybe... 

...his appearance was already teased in one of the trailers?!

In the trailer, one of the license plates on a car that doc ock throws at Spider-Man reads ASM8183.  Director Jon Watts has a history of using license plates as Easter eggs to reference the comics that served as inspirations for the story arcs in the movies.

ASM 8183 most likely points to The Amazing Spider-Man issue 183, which was published in August 1978 - ASM [month] 8 [issue] 183.  This is where Jackson Wheele is equipped with a giant weaponized wheel vehicle by The Tinkerer, and introduces himself as Big Wheel.

The timing on this release of Big Wheel in MPQ - who otherwise would have no business being picked to be a 5* - gives a lot of validity to that theory that Big Wheel will make some sort of appearance in the movie, maybe the villain that Spidey fights early in the film before the multiversal sinister six appear, or a way to reintroduce the Tinkerer and who he is working with since Vulture and Scorpion got locked up.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    A. I love any non Disney character even if I never heard of them .
    B. I love how the devs give it to the whales just to read the plethora of complaints here.  Encore !  With the last 4 5* being allegedly trash , we can now look to 2022 for our annual 2 meta per year . 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ha ha ha seriously, Big Wheel and he is a 5*! 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Thanos said:
    The wording on his blue is a little vague but i'd think they'd word it more like this: "For any matches beyond the first in a turn, gain a speed point" if you could get more than one point per turn. I highly doubt they're gonna let you build up 50 points and hit for gazillion damage. If I'm wrong, that makes him significantly better and I'll eat my hat.
    Btw, if he does turn out to be a damage powerhouse I'll be sad cause I'm not spending CP on his awful release store nor any LT's until at least Gam Gams is out of latests.

If he is only able to gain 1 sp per turn (2 with 3 or more covers) he is not going to be very useful and or good. Whether he has 1 or 3 or more covers he will still only be able to spin out at best once every three turns.

I'm going to point out Hydra Stomper's wording here since, while it's not the same effect, the mechanic is sort of similar.
    "The first time The Hydra Stomper makes a non-Team-Up match each turn"

Big Wheel for comparison.
    "Whenever Big Wheel's team makes a match beyond the first in a turn, Big Wheel gains 1 Speed Point"

It's a wait and see since this is a character very different from everything in the game right now.

edit**
    Also Shang Chi
    "Whenever Shang-Chi's team makes a Red or Purple match, he gains a Combo Point"
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theghouse said:
    While it's true that this is a ridiculously obscure character, is everybody forgetting that there is a spider man movie coming out this week?!  Could we be seeing this character in 3 days?!  Maybe... 
    The timing on this release of Big Wheel in MPQ - who otherwise would have no business being picked to be a 5* - gives a lot of validity to that theory that Big Wheel will make some sort of appearance in the movie, maybe the villain that Spidey fights early in the film before the multiversal sinister six appear, or a way to reintroduce the Tinkerer and who he is working with since Vulture and Scorpion got locked up.
    I love that twisted theory although it has some flaws:
    -Devs historically don't seem to have seen the whole film as a lot of tie-in characters use some powers but fail to use others which are more important on that film, so it sounds pretty impossible they are going to release a character based on a so complicated eastern egg.

-spiderman belongs to sony so tie-ins are pretty rare. The last spider film brought just mysterio as a 4* and a alliance event with the fire and water elemental.
    The way it's scheduled now it seems new spider movie will have a 4* tie-in too and perfectly that could be all.
  • DAZ0273
    So his green removes *any* Special tiles - wonder if that includes coundown, repeater and invisibility ones? His red is more specific and removes only Strike, Protect & Attack tiles.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    Theghouse said:
    I love that twisted theory although it has some flaws:
    -Devs historically don't seem to have seen the whole film as a lot of tie-in characters use some powers but fail to use others which are more important on that film, so it sounds pretty impossible they are going to release a character based on a so complicated eastern egg.

-spiderman belongs to sony so tie-ins are pretty rare. The last spider film brought just mysterio as a 4* and a alliance event with the fire and water elemental.
    The way it's scheduled now it seems new spider movie will have a 4* tie-in too and perfectly that could be all.

I think more likely what happens is that Marvel's marketing/licensing department get together with the Devs and say "We have this MCU film/project coming out and would like you to do a tie-in". They then give the Devs information about what sort of marketing they are putting out and that allows the Devs to plan accordingly on what character or event they will have as a tie in. Mysterio is a pretty good example - all the trailers/marketing for Spider-Man: Far From Home show him as a hero and so that was the version we got to avoid spoilers (not really spoilers to any Spider-Man fan or anybody with Google but hey ho)
    Spider-Man does not belong to Sony! We should get that cleared up right here. Sony owns the right to make live action movies featuring Spider-Man and currently has a shared content licensing deal with Marvel Studio's - under that agreement Sony needs to make a Spider-Man or Spider-Man related movie every five years. However the Devs could still base Spider-Man characters on comic book or other versions, as we have seen with Carnage for example.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    His green looks like what gamora's power should have been, and his passive looks like how shang chi's should've worked.  So they're learning?
    Shang-Chi does not need a buff. Even as is his combo points are difficult to lose in the hands of the user.
  • DAZ0273

D3/MPQ Devs: hey we need to put a spider-man villain in for the No Way Home Tie in.

Fans: cool we still don't have Rhino Alistair Smythe Chameleon Hobgoblin Tombstone Hammerhead Max Dillon Electro .

D3/MPQ Devs: I know lets go with Big Wheel .

It is pretty shocking that they have added Big Wheel to the game but not Rocket Racer.
  • DAZ0273
    heybub said:
    mdreyer93 said:
    Wow. I mean, I'm a huge Spidey fan and this is still WAY out of left field, lol. Literally no one is off the table now.  Bring on The Orb, Shuma-Gorath, Stegron, and Hellcow.
    Wait... there's a hellcow???!!!!!  How is Hellcow not in this game.  I don't care about any details, but I want Hellcow!!!!!  

Word of warning...Bessie is a Vampire Cow, be very afraid!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Acording to the news Disney is desperately trying to buy spider-man but sony only gives them separate rights, for to appear on the next MCU ark, or for to be on their channel. 
    Possibly they know in this way they will milk up the money they want until Disney gets tired.
    If it was so easy to tie-in spider-man, we already would had a 5* with Tom Hardy's face, or a new spider with the likes of Holland.
    Devs can dig up spider comics, like they did with this big wheel, but the look seems so 70's retro comics, in any way the look the character could have in a MCU new movie.
    So in a way we end up big losing with the rights war.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    Acording to the news Disney is desperately trying to buy spider-man but sony only gives them separate rights, for to appear on the next MCU ark, or for to be on their channel. 
    Possibly they know in this way they will milk up the money they want until Disney gets tired.
    If it was so easy to tie-in spider-man, we already would had a 5* with Tom Hardy's face, or a new spider with the likes of Holland.
    Devs can dig up spider comics, like they did with this big wheel, but the look seems so 70's retro comics, in any way the look the character could have in a MCU new movie.
    So in a way we end up big losing with the rights war.

Disney owns Spider-Man for everything apart from movies and from 2022, Disney & Sony have struck  a deal that will see future Sony Spider-Man related releases brought to Disney+ but sadly only for the US Market. Sony originally had merchandising rights also but sold those back to Marvel in 2011. Marvel even has the rights to make Marvel branded toys based upon Sony films - for example:

Infinity War Spidey has a Tom Holland likeness and we have had a ton of Spider-Man characters over the last few years suggesting MPQ has no problem accessing Spider-Man based material.
    The main problem with Spider-Man: No Way Home is that of all the characters we know are in it, all of them are already represented in-game. Sure they could maybe throw us a 4* Dr. Strange but they have a Dr. Strange movie coming out next year which is probably a more likely tie-in.

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Really?

Yummy Mummies Face Palm GIF by Channel 7
  • DAZ0273
    Kevin61 said:
    Really?

Yummy Mummies Face Palm GIF by Channel 7

Hey, Razorback was on holiday. What are they gonna do?
  • DAZ0273
    I am unironically super into this. I love this design, love the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep dive into the quarter bins to find this guy. chef's kiss all the way around. 

It was 20 years or so between his first appearance and the next one! 20 years! Yet here we are!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This art looks like he could have been a Masters of the Universe character; I would guess this was the same artist who did Monica Rambeau