***** Big Wheel (Jackson Weele) *****

Comments

• DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Throw me into the camp that simply believes this character reveal is fake, and will be overwritten with Multiversal shenanigans this weekend after NWH's release :)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok he kind of sucks.  His passive will keep reducing his speed points.  At 6 speed points his green will 2300 AOE and an extra 5K damage.  His red will do 6500 damage an extra 8676 damage total of under 15K damage.  Blue will do a consistent 16K damage for free.  Only good power is blue.

I will probably just put 5 in blue and won’t care about the rest.  Other than blue these numbers are not very good for a 5*
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Seems like they thought of the mechanism and then went looking for a character that it is thematic for.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    .. I...
    No.   I don't ...
    I don't know what to say 

Why not pull Mr immortal out of obscurity.
    Give him a passive to never take damage... To beat him you need to send him airborne while the other two members of the team are down.

Plus so many people will be STOKED to play a side joke character.

And... He would still look cooler than this.

Fingers crossed this is a place holder and we get something else.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    His green looks like what gamora's power should have been, and his passive looks like how shang chi's should've worked.  So they're learning?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know I was going to hoard until Ultron rotated out but after seeing this, I guess I'll continue pulling.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Spin Me Right Round - part of the lyric of the song, Right Round by Flo Rida.

Which was stolen sampled from "You Spin Me Right Round" by Dead or Alive. Pete Burns is the man.

Roll the Dice (store) - what the players have been doing in the game. To top it off, they put two nerfed controversial meta 5* in this store who generated one of the greatest backlashes in MPQ history.
    Ehh maybe I'll just rechamp my 3/1/1 Gambit. I sold off my lv450 one after he was nerfed.

All in all he seems a fun character. Plus he's Green/Red/Blue, which is personally welcome: I just only champed Peter Parker, and my Havok is destined to rot at 1/1/2 forever. I don't understand the vitriol against him. It's probably just certain forumites being themselves I guess. They take a match-3 game way too seriously and they'll never be satisfied.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ladies and gentlemen, do you see your Marvel knowledge, your status tier system and the MCU characters relevance? Nice, then now throw it out by the window with this 5* character. 
    And be careful, the things this one does are really funny and the synergies he will create will make him for one of the most useful characters in game with the right team.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    I didn't know that song was stolen. :lol:

I just listened to the one by Dead or Alive and both versions fit this character. I'm already imagining this character playing either songs while treading on opponents with his Big Wheel.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Ok, I get it. Some of ya'll are lactose intolerant. You can't handle the cheesy characters. Me? I love it. Give me all the cheesy characters.  :D I'm hoarding as we speak. 
    mdreyer93 said:
    Wow. I mean, I'm a huge Spidey fan and this is still WAY out of left field, lol. Literally no one is off the table now.  Bring on The Orb, Shuma-Gorath, Stegron, and Hellcow.

First 6* will be Lady Stilt-Man
    You're crazy. The first 6* will be Paste Pot Pete.  :#
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor

Since there's no cap to his speed point, and you can gain more than 2 points per turn,
    He resets at 10 points, re-read his blue.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    mdreyer93 said:
    Wow. I mean, I'm a huge Spidey fan and this is still WAY out of left field, lol. Literally no one is off the table now.  Bring on The Orb, Shuma-Gorath, Stegron, and Hellcow.
    Wait... there's a hellcow???!!!!!  How is Hellcow not in this game.  I don't care about any details, but I want Hellcow!!!!!  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for pointing that out. I interpret it as his spin out triggers at the start of turn if you have 10 points because he doesn't have an explicit cap like Shang Chi does (up to 10). 

Spin out at 6 points, reduce to 1
    Spin out at 10 points, reduce to 1, 2 or 3 speed points.

Unless spin outs refers to cap at 10 points. However, it does make sense when you apply the cap to his power damage and it's in line with recent damage. Regardless of that, I'll use this character more when I need some laugh. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Thanos said:

Since there's no cap to his speed point, and you can gain more than 2 points per turn,
    He resets at 10 points, re-read his blue.
    The spin-out only happens at start of the turn. So if you get a long cascade or match-5 or have a team that can go winfinite like Shang-Chi you can store *way* more than 10 spin points  and do massive damage at the start of the next turn to the front character.
    Also where are you reading he can only gain 2 per turn? It says:
    "Whenever Big Wheel's team makes a match beyond the first in a turn, Big Wheel gains 1 Speed Point."
    So each successive match past the 1st one adds 1 (or 2) spin points. Nothing there says it's limited to gaining once per turn.
    I think he's going to do a lot more damage than people think when he's with the right team (Shang-Chi, Half-Thor etc) that generates a lot of AP/extra matches.
    KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the way I read it, he only spins out at the start of your turn, so if you have some way to make a LOT of matches on your turn (hmmmmm...who could do this?) but then you stall out somehow, at the start of the next turn he'll unleash a huge AoE. 

You can sort of wind him up like a top then let him go!  It's too bad one of his powers is on red, but I guess that makes his best build pretty obvious.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    After looking everything over he certainly seems interesting.
    I'm going to hold judgement until I use him.
    Things I see in the wording that I think are interesting are on his blue.
    If you have 6 speed points at the start of your turn he spins out, and at 3 covers he will spin out when he reaches 10 speed points. So if you can get a good winfinite early with SC and Valk you might be able to spin out several times each turn.
    4 covers for blue might be optimal in a build like this since dropping to 3 sp with 5 covers and getting 2 sp for each match will push you to 11 then drop you to 3 again.
    If all this is correct I'd run him at 454.
    All just guess work, but I really want to try him out.

edit** Maybe it's at the start of the turn, the wording is a bit confusing. If it is at the start of the turn you can just make a huge aoe nuke.
    Either way its going to fun to see.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    At no point did I request Big Wheel. I’m glad they’re giving me Big Wheel.  :)

Truthfully, I’d so much rather have The Squadron Supreme, but I love crazy.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the way I read it, he only spins out at the start of your turn, so if you have some way to make a LOT of matches on your turn (hmmmmm...who could do this?) but then you stall out somehow, at the start of the next turn he'll unleash a huge AoE. 

You can sort of wind him up like a top then let him go!  It's too bad one of his powers is on red, but I guess that makes his best build pretty obvious.
    I think you're confusing his abilities a bit. His passive blue just does a regular attack when he spins out at the start of the turn and his active green ability is the one that does an aoe. So you would need six green ap to fire his aoe plus you would need to time it just right so you can make the most of the speed points before you lose them. If you have six green ap but only five speed points then it's probably best to wait until the next turn to see if you can get a nice cascade of matches and then fire your aoe before you spin out on the next turn.