Miami Vice?

Options
hothie
hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
Many of the, shall I say, most-often-seen combinations have nicknames. Steel Witch, iHulkoye, BRBitty to name a few.

In the early stages of Lightning Rounds, i see many people playing 4* Rocket and Groot (aka Grocket) with 4* Juggernaut (aka Juggs). I normally play them too, as they tend to burn through the early 1* teams very quickly. But does that pairing have a nickname? I haven't seen one, although I may have missed it.

When I see them (which often comes up as all 3 of my available matches once the 1*s are done), in my head I say "Grocket and Juggs," And then my twisted mind remembers and morphs that to Crocket and Tubbs, the 2 main characters of Miami Vice. So I am proposing that the duo of Grocket and Juggs hereby be nicknamed "Miami Vice."

Or maybe I'm just crazy, so if it doesn't catch on, at least I will find amusement in calling them by that nickname myself. :)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At first I was like "i don't see it..." and then I got it. I've had the opposite problem lately, where some great team names for do-nothing teams have popped into my head. For example:

Shang 10 - Shang-Chi + Silver Surfer (Hang 10, but with an S). there is nearly something here with all the charged tile creation and dual true heal, but really not I'm sure in practice. My SS is not good enough to test it

Shang Cheadle - Shang-Chi + War Machine (played by Don Cheadle, kind of front-rhymes with Chi). Maybe you could pretend you were maximizing WM's attack tile rain cd with all that board shake, but honestly if you've set that up, you're good enough to just have an infinite game ending turn with Shang-Chi anyway.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    Options
    At first I was like "i don't see it..." and then I got it.

Hey, I've never claimed that my crazy train of thought was easy to follow... (I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train...)
    I've had the opposite problem lately, where some great team names for do-nothing teams have popped into my head. For example:

Shang 10 - Shang-Chi + Silver Surfer (Hang 10, but with an S). there is nearly something here with all the charged tile creation and dual true heal, but really not I'm sure in practice. My SS is not good enough to test it

Shang Cheadle - Shang-Chi + War Machine (played by Don Cheadle, kind of front-rhymes with Chi). Maybe you could pretend you were maximizing WM's attack tile rain cd with all that board shake, but honestly if you've set that up, you're good enough to just have an infinite game ending turn with Shang-Chi anyway.

These are great! Love 'em!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Maybe in pick 3 you could add gator loki to it, since Crocket famously had a gator on his boat.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe in pick 3 you could add gator loki to it, since Crocket famously had a gator on his boat.

Then you could call it Gator-Aid.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    nah, that just makes it even more Miami Vice. I have to say, that show is basically a documentary about life in Florida.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hothie said:
    Many of the, shall I say, most-often-seen combinations have nicknames. Steel Witch, iHulkoye, BRBitty to name a few.

In the early stages of Lightning Rounds, i see many people playing 4* Rocket and Groot (aka Grocket) with 4* Juggernaut (aka Juggs). I normally play them too, as they tend to burn through the early 1* teams very quickly. But does that pairing have a nickname? I haven't seen one, although I may have missed it.

When I see them (which often comes up as all 3 of my available matches once the 1*s are done), in my head I say "Grocket and Juggs," And then my twisted mind remembers and morphs that to Crocket and Tubbs, the 2 main characters of Miami Vice. So I am proposing that the duo of Grocket and Juggs hereby be nicknamed "Miami Vice."

Or maybe I'm just crazy, so if it doesn't catch on, at least I will find amusement in calling them by that nickname myself. :)
    ALL THE LIKES
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    At first I was like "i don't see it..." and then I got it. I've had the opposite problem lately, where some great team names for do-nothing teams have popped into my head. For example:

Shang 10 - Shang-Chi + Silver Surfer (Hang 10, but with an S). there is nearly something here with all the charged tile creation and dual true heal, but really not I'm sure in practice.

Shang 10 is a 10/10 nickname, even if it fudges the pronunciation of Shang a bit. Well done.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nah, that just makes it even more Miami Vice. I have to say, that show is basically a documentary about life in Florida.

That's the phone I use to play MPQ.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So much hair! Age never forgives, I guess.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ll just call them Gruggs