edited December 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion

What’s New

***Happy 6th Anniversary!***

Don’t miss out on a month of:

- Holiday events with special rewards
- Holiday special offers
- Free gifts
- And more!

NEW Collection available: Innistrad: Crimson Vow!
Get your hands on over 170 new cards, 3 new Planeswalkers, 1 new event and more! 

New Mechanics

Training

At the beginning of the combat on your turn: If you control a creature with greater power than this creature's, this creature gets +1/+1.

Training is an ability that buffs creatures when they attack alongside a creature with greater power. In Magic:PQ, as combat is not optional, once a card with Training and a stronger card are both on the player’s field, this ability is triggered and the Training card gets the buff.

Training Evergreen

Blood Token

Blood Token (C)
Support - Artifact
Token, Mana Field
Mana field: This support loses 1 shield. Then: If you have 4 or more cards in your hand - discard a card and draw a card.
When you destroy this support: Your Vampire creatures get +1/+0 until end of turn.

Blood Token, although a new mechanic for the tabletop Magic: The Gathering, in Magic: PQ it’s being adapted as a token support. Once a Blood token is created, it binds itself to a gem on the board, enabling different interactions and effects depending on specific card texts — such as Sorin’s Planeswalker Abilities — but still keeping an adaptation of Blood token's original effect as an independent ability attached to the token and its Mana Field interaction itself.

Since this is a token card, there will be no specific ability created for this card/mechanic.

Cleave

This card can accumulate extra mana up to its Cleave value. When you cast this card by fully filling its Cleave cost, this ability becomes active.
Cards with Cleave can’t have its mana drained or raised.

Cleave allows the player to pay more mana when they cast a spell and significantly change that card’s effect — generally removing a drawback that the effect could present. In Magic:PQ, Cleave happens by storing mana (essentially keeping the card in hand for one more swap) and then, like its paper counterpart, when it’s cast the effect is changed.

Cleave Evergreen

Exploit

When this creature enters the battlefield, if you replace another creature with this one, perform the associated Exploit effect.

In tabletop Magic: The Gathering, Exploit is a mechanic that allows players to sacrifice a creature when a creature with Exploit comes into play. Magic:PQ has a limit of how many creatures you can have on your battlefield, and adaptations had to be done. In order to both take advantage of this and keep the feeling of sacrificing a creature, Exploit is triggered when you remove a creature on the battlefield and place the creature with Exploit in its place.

Exploit Evergreen

Outcast

When this card is moved to anywhere other than the battlefield, exile it. At the end of this turn, if it's not exiled, exile it.

The Outcast evergreen is Magic:PQ’s way to adapt a situation known as Impulse Drawn. It’s given to cards in the player’s hand, and if the player does not cast that card in the same turn it’s drawn, the card is then exiled at the end of the turn.

Outcast Evergreen

New Planeswalker:

Sorin, the Mirthless

One of Sorin's greatest actions to protect his home plane was the creation of Avacyn - an angel that would protect humans from the dangers of the night, maintaining the plane's overall balance and food chain. When Avacyn was corrupted and he was forced to destroy her, Sorin became mirthless, forever grieving her despair

Max Level Stats

Tokens

Blood
(Colorless) Support Card (1) Token, Mana Field
Mana Field: This support loses 1 shield. Then: If you have 4 or more cards in your hand — Discard a card. Draw a card. 
When you destroy this support: Your Vampire creatures get +1/+0 until end of turn.

Sorin's Vampire
(Black) Creature - Vampire (2/2) Token, Flying, Imminent Death, Haste, Level
When this creature loses a reinforcement: Decrease this card's Level by 2. 
When this creature dies: Create X Blood tokens. X is this card's Level."

Kaya, Geist Hunter 

Chaos? Check. Death? Check. Spirits? Check. A never ending struggle for survival in a plane far far away? Also, check. Kaya will cross everyone - and everything - off the list that stands in her way of protecting Innistrad’s underdogs.

Max Level Stats

Tokens

Body Usurper
(White/Black) Creature - Spirit (1/1) Token, Flying, Exploit
Exploit: This creature's base power and toughness becomes the base power and toughness of the Exploited creature. 
When a Spirit token enters the battlefield under your control: Your opponent loses 1 life. You gain 1 life.

Chandra, Dressed to Kill

The plane of Innistrad has always been famous for its multiple dangers surrounding their inhabitants. However, as difficult as it might be to survive in it, people always had freedom. And they’re about to lose it. In this scenario, Chandra Nalaar steps in, dressed to kill: there’s no fire she won’t light to defend those in need!

Max Level Stats

Tokens

Fiery Gown
(Red) Support Card (4) Legendary, Token 
When you cast a Red card or a card with Outcast is exiled from your hand: Deal 3 damage to any opposing target.

• New Event

Matrimonium 

Event Type: PvP, Coalition
  • No Entrance Fee

• Deck Restrictions: Standard

• Rewards: Progression, Rank 

• Number of nodes: 2 nodes, each with a different event support spawned for the player;

• Each node allows a specific variety of Planeswalker colors, being for Body and Soul White, Blue, and Green, while Blood and Ichor allows Red and Black PWs;

• Initial Charges: 2 | Max Charges: 6

• Some of the encounters spawn event supports.

• Recharge Time: 8h

• Event Duration: 46h

• New Feature:

• Bonus Reward for the following events on the Holidays:

• Nodes of Power 

• Terror in the Shadows

• Avacyn’s Madness

• You’ve Found an Entrance

• Changes:

Events 

• The Harvesttide has had its rewards and charges reworked:

• Initial Charges (per node): 2 | Max Charges (per node): 6

• Recharge Time: 8h

• New rewards:

Other Changes

• Fables of Eldraine changed from Standard to Legacy.
  • Awakened Inferno changed from Block Restricted to Legacy.
  • Added Innistrad: Midnight Hunt (MID) and Innistrad: Crimson Vow (VOW) to the set restriction of the Emrakul's Corruption event.

• Holiday Showdown:
  • Updated  Rewards 
  • Updated Text 
  • Updated Banner Artwork  

• Updated Booster rewards in Planechasing Fblthp from STX to MID
  • Updated Booster rewards in Trial of the Planes to the Newest Set

Fixes:

• Fixed the issue with the card Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord where Creatures returned to the battlefield by this creature was not getting the Vampire subtype.
  • Fixed the  issue whit the card Consuming Blob, where the Necrophage Ooze token didn't stack its buffs when reinforced.
  • Fixed the issue with Embodiment of Flame's card triggering with Lose Life.
  • Fixed the issue with Siphon Insight card, which did not consider Awaken mana.
  • Fixed the issue with Rem Karolus, Stalwart Slayer card triggering with lose life.
  • Fixed the issue with Flame Channeler card triggering with lose life.
  • Fixed the issue with mechanic Transform, where the reinforcements of the Transformed creature didn't go to the graveyard.
  • Fixed the issue with Buff not being applied after P/T changes.
  • Fixed the issue with Colossus Hammer card, which did not consider the extra mana stored by Awaken.
  • Fixed the issue where the Creatures with Disturb was entering the battlefield as a reinforcement, not with their side transformed.

VOW - Card Gallery:
 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=MagicPuzzleQuest&set=a.4168031876645330

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome. Can't wait to see the gallery!
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you!
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    • Fables of Elaine changed from Standard to Legacy.
    Is fables of Elaine a new set? 😁

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    An event
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    The change to THT is good. Thank you for listening and responding to the community. 
  • AoMadness
    AoMadness Posts: 76 Match Maker
    im excited especily for the new event
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    • Fables of Elaine changed from Standard to Legacy.
    Is fables of Elaine a new set? 😁

Oops, sorry, it was a typo 😅😂
    I've corrected it, thanks for letting me know!
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Loving the new cards and I can't wait until they're released! The Cemetery cards look like lots of fun especially. Also glad to see loads more day/night cards.

BUT any idea why the land cycle is Rare when it was Uncommon in MID for the same casting cost and abilities?

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Are Sorin's loyalty abilities really costing that much? Why would I want to pay 13 mana to use a Planeswalker's first ability when I can pay 12 to use Karn's third?
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I wonder what those symbols under Sorin and Chandra stand for...
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last ability for Chandra.. it ends with "and then...." I cannot see any more text past that.  And then what? 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are Sorin's loyalty abilities really costing that much? Why would I want to pay 13 mana to use a Planeswalker's first ability when I can pay 12 to use Karn's third?
    Too soon to say, I think. Either a safe loyalty score because it's powerful or it is a total bust for the PW. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Gunmix25 said:
    Last ability for Chandra.. it ends with "and then...." I cannot see any more text past that.  And then what? 
    Hello @Gunmix25 ,
    Sorry the screenshot didn't get all the text, but you can see the full text of her abilities here 😊
    Rebeca.
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Man, alchemist gambit is gonna be brutal
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Are we going to see Vanguards for VOW? I know they are skipped occasionally, just checking. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
     Could WE please know when is it planned to add midnight Hunt exclusives to the standard/vip packs and booster crafting?
  • Jayarieldrillowup
    Jayarieldrillowup Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Where and what Vanguards are there for Crimson Vow?

I am certain there must be one for Sorin, Lord of Innistrad because there was a Planeswalker of that name in an earlier non Vanguard Innistrad set.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    What makes cleave different from stored mana? It seems to act in the exact same way

( i had hoped you could choose not to pay the cleave cost this time)
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    What makes cleave different from stored mana? It seems to act in the exact same way

( i had hoped you could choose not to pay the cleave cost this time)
    Wouldn't that just be kicker? Stored mana can have a cumulative effect, but Cleave seems to be all or nothing, so its more like the Awaken mechanic. In fact, it is Awaken in all but name. I guess 28 years and >20,000 cards made, its getting harder to find unique mechanics in the game!
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    It is the same principle with the difference that Cleave cards can't have their mana cost raised or drained.