Moving to PVE SCL 10

I am a returning player after a long hiatus: Wasp was the newest 5* at the time. What should I be doing so that I can handle PVE SCL 10? I've currently got Polaris and 5* Kitty Pryde favorited, and I could do 83 LL pulls if I decided to chase Shang-Chi.

Here's my roster- http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Str33tPreacher/

Thanks!

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    First, congratulations on this step. It is an important one for the advancement of the roster. I made a similar thread that was not responded to at first, so I kind of made it a play diary. It is located here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85252/scl10/p1. The TLDR is that at first it was a long slog where I relied heavily on the Beta Ray Bill, Polaris, and 1* Juggernaut winfinite to reach progression. I hoarded until Kitty Pride was made available in the anniversary store and I got lucky and fully covered her at 5/5/3 and leveled her to 330. My BRB at the time was 3/2/2 though I have managed to boost him to 4/3/3 through Throg (his 4* feeder) and milestone shards obtained by champing 4*s. Recently, I managed to fully cover, then champ Shang-Chi and it has been smooth sailing ever since using SC, Hulkbuster, and Valkyrie.

My recommendation to you is focus on the 4* meta of Polaris, Juggernaut, and Grocket. They will get you through SCL9 with ease. If they are reasonably covered I'm told they can handle SCL10, but I don't know what level they have to be and I think you need 4* Elemental Guns for Juggernaut so he tanks every color. Ikarus might make a good replacement for Juggernaut since they do some of the same things, but it would be hard to give up the tanking ability of old Juggs.  For PvP, make sure you have Polaris and Grocket as well as their counters. The best Grocket counter is Polaris and Sabertooth. It isn't close, but some speak highly of Mantis or Morbius so they work as well. The main Polaris and Sabertooh counter is Karnak and America Chavez. Once you have these six it is pretty easy to grind to progression in PvP. In my opinion, it is best to pull from the classics store until all these are champed. I pulled as I went from Latest as well during this stage.

After that I would recommend continuing to hoard to 300 pulls (Either 7500 cp or some combination of LL and CP). Wait until a store opens up with two meta 5* characters. Kitty, Apocalypse, Okoye, Beta Ray Bill, Colossus, Shang-Chi are all great as single 5* champs with synergies with 4* characters. Wanda, Colossus, Apocalypse are the 5* meta for PvP. But your best bet will probably be in Latest Legends with a character that has not been introduced yet. Frankly, any recent 5* will allow you to tackle SCL10 PvE. One person on the forum did it with Heimdall as the sole champ. There is a recent video in fun teams of Ultron, Polaris, and Valkyrie taking down Apocalypse, Colossus, and Wanda. Though they are fine in PvE, your PvP experience might be less favorable. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggernaut/Grocket/GotG will get you through the easy nodes on SCL10 with 2 matches/hits at lower levels and will get you through the harder nodes but may run out of steam and die. From a look at your roster though I can see 4* Juggs is not in good shape and Polaris should remain your focus.
    For the Challenge Node a boosted 5* can do it but you can also winfinite it with Beta Ray Bill/Polaris/4* Thanos or 1* Juggernaut but that doesn't look an option for you at present so you might struggle unless you can run some other stun lock team that can survive.
    Shang Chi can beat the Challenge Node even when not boosted but it can go south with a bad board.
    You don't need to beat the Challenge Node for progression but it speeds up things a lot if you can.
    The bad news is that champed Thanos is too slow mostly for SCL10 harder nodes.
    I will disagree with Sekilicious that Okoye is great as a single champ but as you already have 4 champed 5* she would be fine.
  • Sekilicious
    DAZ0273 said:

I will disagree with Sekilicious that Okoye is great as a single champ but as you already have 4 champed 5* she would be fine.
    Out of curiosity, why do you think she is a bad single champ? I thought her synergy with Spider-Man 2099, Silk, Medusa, and Deadpool would have kept her relevant.  
  • DAZ0273
    edited December 2021
    DAZ0273 said:

Out of curiosity, why do you think she is a bad single champ? I thought her synergy with Spider-Man 2099, Silk, Medusa, and Deadpool would have kept her relevant.  

Unfortunately as is often the case in 5* land you can lose your 4* quite easily and Okoye is not a great last toon standing on defence as the AI will not play her healing efficiently. That said, Okoye/Spider-man 2099 hits very hard on offence.
    Edit: Thinking about it, I guess if you are playing Wins based PvP then you don't care about defence, so maybe she is OK. I guess I am a bit old school having always played points based. All I can tell you is that I will attack Okoye all day long...
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Unfortunately as is often the case in 5* land you can lose your 4* quite easily and Okoye is not a great last toon standing on defence as the AI will not play her healing efficiently. That said, Okoye/Spider-man 2099 hits very hard on offence.
    Edit: Thinking about it, I guess if you are playing Wins based PvP then you don't care about defence, so maybe she is OK. I guess I am a bit old school having always played points based. All I can tell you is that I will attack Okoye all day long...
    Oh yeah, it needs to be wins based at my stage. I haven’t yet figured out the art of shield hopping to get to 1200pts. My best teams are some iteration of Shang-Chi/4* in Pick-2. My float point dropped 200 points from where I was at 4* land and every time I make it to 900 to 1100 points I drop back to 800 while still in a battle.  Luckily, SC is fast and versatile enough it doesn’t matter. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Oh yeah, it needs to be wins based at my stage. I haven’t yet figured out the art of shield hopping to get to 1200pts. My best teams are some iteration of Shang-Chi/4* in Pick-2. My float point dropped 200 points from where I was at 4* land and every time I make it to 900 to 1100 points I drop back to 800 while still in a battle after dropping. Luckily, SC is fast and versatile enough it doesn’t matter. 

It is just as brutal with two 5* in terms of your float point but Shang Chi is pretty special and a great choice for Wins based PvP. Mine is 8/4/3 so nearly there or otherwise I have to bite it and convert 3 covers to champ him. How are you finding SHIELD Sim? I don't tend to need the cover to champ the 4* these days which is just as well as I now find the whole thing a huge slog at the baby champ 5 level. Hopefully your one champ 5 MMR is not too bad.
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    Yeah. I was challenging god boosted Carbage/Warlock teams in Pick-2 with Shang-Chi/Valkyrie, which sometimes went sideways quickly if the AI decided to target black instead of team-ups. I haven’t got to try Shield Sim yet. The closest was the two Pick-3 PvPs we just had where I ran SC/Hulkbuster/Valkyrie. Offensively it was better because I had two additional ap colors I could convert to red, so less susceptible to a bad board. Defensively it was as expected, pretty awful lol. I imagine Shield Sim will be the same.