Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m really enjoying Blob/Apocalypse/Thor in this simulator pvp against all these Polaris/Kitty/BRB teams. Blob is super effective. Also with All three boosted in PVE, it was the smoothest sailing I’ve ever head against that Carbage challenge node.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’m really enjoying Blob/Apocalypse/Thor in this simulator pvp against all these Polaris/Kitty/BRB teams. Blob is super effective. Also with All three boosted in PVE, it was the smoothest sailing I’ve ever head against that Carbage challenge node.
    Blob is hugely underrated against those tile flooders. Are the tiles he negates “destroyed “? I saw some battles where a character retaliation for  taking those tiles did not activate. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blob is hugely underrated against those tile flooders. Are the tiles he negates “destroyed “? I saw some battles where a character retaliation for  taking those tiles did not activate. 
    No, he can eat protect tiles without giving BRB AP, for example.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Those tiles are “converted” into CDs so they don’t count as destroyed for the purposes of abilities that do stuff when things are destroyed. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Those tiles are “converted” into CDs so they don’t count as destroyed for the purposes of abilities that do stuff when things are destroyed. 
    That’s the situation I was seeing as well , wanted to confirm. I hope he doesn’t become the N - word because he’s a huge asset even in 5* battles 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It’s by design - it uses the verbiage “converting them..” in the power description. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's a team build around DOA: Ultron. 

Ultron/Valkyrie/Polaris taking on Apocalypse/Colossus/SW

https://streamable.com/s3g22l

I had ton of fun watching this team take down meta teams with ease. They work much better than Gamora and her team. 

This team is amazing and now one of my faves. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2021
    In that War of the Realms PVP, I was running Odin/C4rol/Goblin. The primary difficulty here to kick things off was getting fortifications in play, but if you were able to do that, you could get some truly bananas strikes out after a couple turns. Odin's blue CDs resolve into really high value strike tiles (unboosted it's like ~700 each, but boosted they were about twice that), which were then boosted by C4rol immediately to the tune of basically 100% increase, and if you drop Goblin's purple down on black, he will produce some absolutely wild sized strikes (unboosted it's 1439/each, but since they are created by CDs resolving they also get immediately boosted). Odin tanks Yellow, so you can wait until you have enough for goblin to fire off his CD shortener too. If apocalypse isn't in play, it may be better to use his purple on blue first to stun the whole enemy team, but it was a fun synergy between a very old 5*, the "best" 4* of yesteryear, and a recent unpopular release I thought. In one match, I was dealing with 40k total strike damage bonus after a couple turns. I don't know if it would be survivable or good in a situation where at least C4rol wasn't boosted though.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    In PvE vs goons , I found Shang/ Widow 5/ Valkyrie useful. You’re generating 4 purple every 1 move on the bounty and Widow is removing 3 countdowns every 2 turns . It’s not fast unless Shang is champed though 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have come to appreciate Shang-Chi at 3/5/5 with Valkyrie, Chavez in Pick-3 nodes. If you’re willing to use boosts the damage potential starts to get high in the second round. SC was killing off multiple 150k goons with criticals placed at nexus points where two separate match-3s were made simultaneously. 

I also appreciate how the fun teams sub has become a SC appreciation celebration.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I run him 454 with Valk and 5witch with the Chimichanga support and Quantum Realm on 5witch. I can usually go winfinite in 3-5 turns.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I blasted through Royal Family with Shang-Chi/Sighclops/Negasonic Teenage Warhead. If you like hilarious amounts of board shake, this team is for you. Outside of boost week I don’t know that Sighclops is the ideal third; maybe alligator Loki or one of the 5* chargers.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Here's a team build around DOA: Ultron. 

Ultron/Valkyrie/Polaris taking on Apocalypse/Colossus/SW

https://streamable.com/s3g22l

I had ton of fun watching this team take down meta teams with ease. They work much better than Gamora and her team. 

This team is amazing and now one of my faves. 

That sounds like a 2021 version of using d3ken, H3lk and C4rol against R4g, Gam4ra and medusa / C4rnage teams.

Looking forward to trying it out in Sim. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I blasted through Royal Family with Shang-Chi/Sighclops/Negasonic Teenage Warhead. If you like hilarious amounts of board shake, this team is for you. Outside of boost week I don’t know that Sighclops is the ideal third; maybe alligator Loki or one of the 5* chargers.
    I replaced Sighclops with 5torm in holiday simulator. I love this team, it really needs a name. Chain Lightning maybe.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I replaced Sighclops with 5torm in holiday simulator. I love this team, it really needs a name. Chain Lightning maybe.
    Shang-Lightning it is from this day forth. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm is properly rated but also underrated -- there's stuff she can do that nobody else can, you just don't always need to do that stuff.  She's always the puzzle gauntlet MVP though.  I can see her working very well with Shang-Chi since he loves charged tiles and all her abilities shake the board, I'll have to try it.

Also love love love team names!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Negasonic was a hugely slept on character in my opinion. She is like the reverse Polaris of charged tiles. Every one you match or destroy causes several others to get destroyed randomly around the board. It really creates a lot of chaos and keeps the tiles constantly dropping and the board fresh.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    This is not an appropriate anti-Wanda team lol
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Negasonic was a hugely slept on character in my opinion. She is like the reverse Polaris of charged tiles. Every one you match or destroy causes several others to get destroyed randomly around the board. It really creates a lot of chaos and keeps the tiles constantly dropping and the board fresh.

Gotta disagree. She has a niche use for sure, but that doesn't make her good or even underrated. Even kraven and flaptain can excel in very specific circumstances.  Negasonic is properly rated as a lower mid-tier 4*. She doesn't suck, but there are many dozens of better 4*s.