Bug or feature? New change to Florida sub of The Hunt

helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
In today’s Florida sub of The Hunt, what is normally the 3rd easy node was instead a 4th hard node. Feature or a bug?

Bug or feature? New change to Florida sub of The Hunt 29 votes

Feature!
20%
KolenceKGBPtahhotepJexySekiliciousTheEyeDoctorsWife 6 votes
Bug!
79%
PorkBellyPhumadeGrimSkaldabmorazy4747MoosePrimeDaredevil217JackDeath666ZalastaCharlieCrokerrevskipBubba3210MadScientistSt_BernadusHeartbreaksouphelix72ScofieskittledaddyJimboJamboGodzillafan67 23 votes

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bug!
    probably a scripting error.  I remember when Kaicillus was bugged and even bssm wasn't lowering strike damage.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    Feature!
    I hope it’s a new feature, more of a challenge than the usual one move victory. I thought I had gone insane never seeing this node before, thanks for verifying my sanity . I wish the rewards weren’t the same as before though .
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Bug!
    Probably a bug.  The change I'd like to see is moving the six repeatable nodes, so they are lined up somewhere easy to find.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bug!
    Probably a bug.  The change I'd like to see is moving the six repeatable nodes, so they are lined up somewhere easy to find.
    truth!!!!

I still don't know the right order hit the one timers to unlock the 3rd easy node in the least amount of tries.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Florida has so many nodes that I kept clicking and clicking trying to find the 3E.  Doh!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Feature!
    It’s called The Hunt for a reason ! You have to hunt all over the board to figure out what’s going on and where you’re supposed to be going .
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should have a boss fight on that sub called Florida Man but it's a boss version of Alligator Loki.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    How I remember the flow of clears is by using four common phrases and add some story to link them all. Here's how I do it.

1) Look for clues Left and Right (x2)
    2) Search High and Low.
    3) Centre yourself or keep calm.
    4) Get to the Bottom of things.

Did you notice how three of the phrases are related to hunting?

This is the breakdown in the game. After you finished clearing 2* or 3* node, swipe Left and hit that 1-time node. 

Then, swipe Right and hit the 1st easy node.

Swipe Left again to hit the 1-time node.

Look to your Right to hit the 2nd easy node.

Now, three hard nodes open up. Hit the top node (High) followed by the bottom (Low) node.

You still can't find anything. You are frustrated. But, you need to keep calm. So, you hit the Centre node to centre yourself.

You look to your left again to see if you missed out any clues. Three 1-time nodes appear. Because you want to get to the Bottom of things, you hit the lowest node. Another 1-time node appears above and you hit it. Finally, you found the third easy node.

After your are done, hit the two 1-time nodes and finish it up with the final 1-time node to the right.

Once you remember this story, you can simplify it by just remembering

Left, Right x 2
    Top, bottom, centre
    Left, bottom
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bug!
    Assume rewards would change if it were intentional...
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    The Florida map is another puzzle in Marvel Puzzle Quest that hides the actual puzzles. If you can't solve it you're not worthy :)
  • Bergen
    Bergen Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Bug!
    if it is a new feature then who doesnt want to grind more?, then that means they press random buttons and success testing ...
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Feature!
    It’s both. The existing code for the event must have been changed to make the node a hard one which means it must be an intentional feature. However, failing to update the rewards constitutes a bug.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    Bug!
    It’s a bug unless Pee Wee Herman works on the dev team, in which case they meant to do that.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Bug!
    Scofie said:
    The rewards did change.  The 4th clear had red ISO, the trivial nodes have normal ISO as the 4th clear reward.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bug!
    Scofie said:
    The rewards did change.  The 4th clear had red ISO, the trivial nodes have normal ISO as the 4th clear reward.
    Good spot! 👍 
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    The code related to scores on nodes should probably never be touched in the normal course of updates and improvements. The last time any of this should have been touched was the introduction of cl10 in pve which was a long while ago. 

So…… that this seemingly random bug appeared leads me to think that they must be at least experimenting with changing *something*. It’s not like features haven’t been accidentally released to the public before.