Bloodthirsty Adversary Incorrect buff [Can’t Reproduce]

boopers
boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
In the card bloodthirsty Adversary, once you drain mana, it should get a buff based on its new level. However, it appears that the buff is only the number of levels that it gained that turn, rather than the accumulated level. 

So if I have a level 20 adversary on the board at 22/22 then cast a second one, which drains 6 mana. The buff will only be +6/+6 instead of +26/+26 even though it’s new level is now 26. 

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    And this is a paid mythic, right?

So happy I didn’t spend real money on a dud.

@Oktagon_Support - I would urge you to perform extra thorough QC on paid exclusive mythics. Otherwise, you shoot yourself in the foot.
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited November 2021
    Only the black adversary takes current level into account when making more zombies, all the other adversaries only buff the drained amount each time and ignoring the current level of the card.

Even though they all explicitly state that the buff should be current level after draining and not currently drained amount.
  • Tremayne
    @KrizzB - After a quick test of Intrepid Adversary, I’ll say it works just fine.

I tested it with Kalemne (good for testing creatures, because she can pull the intrepid with her first). My other creature got plus 34 as expected from the various bonuses.

haven’t tried testing the other Adversaries, since they are underwhelming.
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    @Tremayne so on the second cast of Intrepid Adversary you got the previous level + current mana drained as a buff?

Because that's what the issue here is about.
  • Tremayne
    edited November 2021
    Yes, that is exactly what I tested and my first cast resulted in lvl 17 and the second made it lvl24. The other creature got the correct updated power.

I can redo the test.

edit - redid the test and it worked as expected. All the buffs added up to the expected total. First lvl was 19 and second was 27 plus the added buff from Kalemne’s first ability (I had 7 in exp) plus 2 times +2 from a spell and finally plus the creatures starting power of 5. 

I expected a 43 and that is what my creature had. So are there other criteria to keep in mind? Perhaps my many buffs courses a recalculation, which doesn’t occur when there are no other buffs than Intrepid Adversary on the battlefield.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.

Rebeca

• boopers

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.

Rebeca

It’s worth noting that red, blue and green Adversaries are all showing the same bug, not buffing according to total current level. 

White doesn’t do this, but black appears to be the only one working according to the text. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

To help us, please provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing. All information is important to help our team.

Thank you,
    Rebeca.
  • boopers

To help us, please provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing. All information is important to help our team.

Thank you,
    Rebeca.
    It’s definitely still happening. I can make a video, but I know you can’t use them by policy. 
  • boopers
    edited April 2022
    I'll try to do this with pictures.

1) Starting with a 22/22 Blood Adversary (BA), at level 18:

2) I now have 2 BA in hand, both fully charged.  The graveyard is empty of any mana.  If this executes per the card text, casting the first BA will give +2/+2 for the reinforcement, drain 6 mana from my hand, increase it's level by 6 (to 24), and then buff BA by +24/+24.  The new Power/Toughness total should be 48/48.

3) However, you can see that the casting did NOT give +24/+24 (per bottom half of the card:  "Then: This creature gains +x/+x..." - x is is equal to the CURRENT card level after it has been raised).  Instead, BA only received the +2/+2 from the reinforcement, plus and additional +6/+6.  

4) So, you can see that when a Blood Adversary enters battle, the buff value for +x/+x is only the number of levels that BA was increased the turn it enters battle, not the cumulative total level of the card in play.

This is true for all of: Blood Adversary, Primal Adversary, and Spectral Adversary.

The card "Tainted Adversary" works in a similar way to these three cards, but it works correctly, generating tokens based upon the total level of the card in play after it enters battle - even when you reinforce it.
  • boopers
    @Oktagon_Support can you please have the team cycle this back into the queue to look at with the additional info provided above since the status change?  
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    boopers said:

Thank you,
    Rebeca.
    It’s definitely still happening. I can make a video, but I know you can’t use them by policy. 
    What??

• boopers
    jtwood said:
    boopers said:

Thank you,
    Rebeca.
    What??

They told me once when I tried to share a video with CS they can’t click on outside links. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    boopers said:
    jtwood said:
    boopers said:

Thank you,
    Rebeca.
    What??

They told me once when I tried to share a video with CS they can’t click on outside links. 
    Weird. I give them imgur.com links all the time without any issue.