SCL10

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    So I pulled 89 LL tokens for Odin and ended with Shang-Chi at 5/3/4. I leveled him to 330 before I ran out of ISO. I have 50 pulls from cp to finish him, which I will do once Gamora enters LL I think. I would probably try to finish Odin if I had more pulls or he was closer than 7 covers but I’m pretty stoked about SC about to be champed. I think having him champed will open up SCL10 quite a bit. I might even to be able to get full points consistently. 

So, since this thread was about playing at SCL10 with a 4* roster I might retire from updating it after he is champed. Or I can use it as a progress diary of sorts. I will think about it a bit I guess. 
    Or you could do what I do, which is just to fully cover them and not champ them.
    CL10 is no challenge at all with the right 5s (which you are well on your way to having most of them), they don't need to be champed.
    Catching flips (which it appears you have learned how to do) makes decent placement still a possibility, too. Even if you can't beat every clear of every node. The best I've done is 10th place in 4.10. I've gotten T20 many times, and (as most people already know) this is without having any 5* champs.
    I just love trolling that top leaderboard full for champed 5s and even 550s with my lowly 4* roster running JuggsPolGrocket and the occasional BRB (I rarely ever use my Kitty).

Long live the 4* meta!!!
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    So I got Rank 69 in the Simulator. I can retire now because I will never get a more perfect score. JK. That was in Slice 2. I plan on entering Venom Bomb in Slice 4 later today because it fits my schedule a bit better. 

My alliance has dropped from top-50 to barely making top-100 lately. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but if they stop making the top-100 I might drop them. They have been pretty good for me so hopefully the players who aren't making progression start to get more engaged. 
    I've been thinking the same. About half seem to not be pulling their weight anymore, in pve or pvp. And there's nothing to do about it but look elsewhere.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    hothie said:
    So I got Rank 69 in the Simulator. I can retire now because I will never get a more perfect score. JK. That was in Slice 2. I plan on entering Venom Bomb in Slice 4 later today because it fits my schedule a bit better. 

My alliance has dropped from top-50 to barely making top-100 lately. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but if they stop making the top-100 I might drop them. They have been pretty good for me so hopefully the players who aren't making progression start to get more engaged. 
    I've been thinking the same. About half seem to not be pulling their weight anymore, in pve or pvp. And there's nothing to do about it but look elsewhere.
    Yeah that seems reasonable. I will probably look around for something on Reddit and here at some point. I will look for something with two spots if you like.
  • Sekilicious
    I’m glad the spreadsheets are pretty accurate.  Slice 1 and Slice 5 flipped 2-3 times so I probably should have waited until Slice 3 or 4 for its flip. Next time. I can’t manage full clears yet anyways so don’t need to worry about maximizing points. Hothie and my alliance has sunk from top-50 in PvE anyways. 

Wakanda is kicking my tinykitty. The last normal node with Goblin, the Sentry Fighter, and random mook kills off BRB in two turns lol. I can see why they didn’t give Ultron that ability as it would have been too random and too op. I should make progression though so not too worried about the health packs gone.
    I am an admin for "the spreadsheet" as well as the many LINE rooms Jimsta is referring to. If you need to know ANYTHING about catching bracket flips (how many times each flips, when they usually flip, etc.) I'd be glad to help.
    Also, we recently launched a feature on the unofficial MPQ Discord channel that automatically notifies you of bracket flips. All you do is select the bracket(s) you want to watch and you will get an active ping on your device when that bracket flips. No more spreadsheet watching or hoping a LINE admin tags you in a timely manner.
    Is there a link to the unofficial discord?
  • Sekilicious
    So I pulled 89 LL tokens for Odin and ended with Shang-Chi at 5/3/4. I leveled him to 330 before I ran out of ISO. I have 50 pulls from cp to finish him, which I will do once Gamora enters LL I think. I would probably try to finish Odin if I had more pulls or he was closer than 7 covers but I’m pretty stoked about SC about to be champed. I think having him champed will open up SCL10 quite a bit. I might even to be able to get full points consistently. 

So, since this thread was about playing at SCL10 with a 4* roster I might retire from updating it after he is champed. Or I can use it as a progress diary of sorts. I will think about it a bit I guess. 
    Or you could do what I do, which is just to fully cover them and not champ them.
    CL10 is no challenge at all with the right 5s (which you are well on your way to having most of them), they don't need to be champed.
    Catching flips (which it appears you have learned how to do) makes decent placement still a possibility, too. Even if you can't beat every clear of every node. The best I've done is 10th place in 4.10. I've gotten T20 many times, and (as most people already know) this is without having any 5* champs.
    I just love trolling that top leaderboard full for champed 5s and even 550s with my lowly 4* roster running JuggsPolGrocket and the occasional BRB (I rarely ever use my Kitty).

Long live the 4* meta!!!
    What supports do you use for JuggsPolGrock? I have trouble keeping them alive before the countdowns get out of hand
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    hothie said:

Yeah that seems reasonable. I will probably look around for something on Reddit and here at some point. I will look for something with two spots if you like.
    Actually, I'm kind of at a turning point in my life, so I likely won't have the time to commit to the grind of this game that I have so far this year. For a while now I've been strongly considering stepping away for a bit. Meaning, I would only join a very casual alliance, or possibly a "dead" one, so that there isn't any pressure to perform daily, if at all. But thanks for the offer. We'll see what my competitive side says about that, though. :)
  • Sekilicious
    hothie said:
    hothie said:

Actually, I'm kind of at a turning point in my life, so I likely won't have the time to commit to the grind of this game that I have so far this year. For a while now I've been strongly considering stepping away for a bit. Meaning, I would only join a very casual alliance, or possibly a "dead" one, so that there isn't any pressure to perform daily, if at all. But thanks for the offer. We'll see what my competitive side says about that, though. :)
    Oh yeah stepping away is the best way to maintain sanity. There are tons of semi-casual alliances that only require full participation for alliance events. Or less if you prefer. 

Good luck in the next phase of your life. Hopefully I see you around from time to time. 
  • skittledaddy
    I’m glad the spreadsheets are pretty accurate.  Slice 1 and Slice 5 flipped 2-3 times so I probably should have waited until Slice 3 or 4 for its flip. Next time. I can’t manage full clears yet anyways so don’t need to worry about maximizing points. Hothie and my alliance has sunk from top-50 in PvE anyways. 

Wakanda is kicking my tinykitty. The last normal node with Goblin, the Sentry Fighter, and random mook kills off BRB in two turns lol. I can see why they didn’t give Ultron that ability as it would have been too random and too op. I should make progression though so not too worried about the health packs gone.
    I am an admin for "the spreadsheet" as well as the many LINE rooms Jimsta is referring to. If you need to know ANYTHING about catching bracket flips (how many times each flips, when they usually flip, etc.) I'd be glad to help.
    Also, we recently launched a feature on the unofficial MPQ Discord channel that automatically notifies you of bracket flips. All you do is select the bracket(s) you want to watch and you will get an active ping on your device when that bracket flips. No more spreadsheet watching or hoping a LINE admin tags you in a timely manner.
    Is there a link to the unofficial discord?
    https://discord.gg/Nk6XYAcR
  • skittledaddy
    edited November 2021

Long live the 4* meta!!!
    What supports do you use for JuggsPolGrock? I have trouble keeping them alive before the countdowns get out of hand
    Juggs - Quad Blasters (to tank EVERY color)
    Polaris - Taskmaster Sword (to boost both of her passive attacks)
    Grocket - Lucky (for incidental heal)
    BRB - Carol's Comm (for heal, as he tanks numerous colors to the battles I do bring him to, including CNs).

If it's a nasty CD-heavy node, I bring Morbius in place of Juggs.
  • Sekilicious
    I ranked 159 in the flip of Slice 4 based on 84k points.in Venom Bomb. I had trouble in all the nodes with Venom being fed green by the various symbiotes. Carnage also posed similar problems. I also didn't get any clears on the challenge nodes, since it was more of the same; different characters being fed their nukes making life difficult. Don't they know I just want to win, lol. Someday I will have Apocalypse and Thor champed and I will show them how it feels. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    I entered Thick as Thieves in the second flip of Slice 1 because Slice 2 and 3 were taking their sweet time to flip. I committed to Shang-Chi (5/3/5, lvl 330) for both the Pick-2 and 3 with good results. Hulkbuster is his best friend right now and I champed him so I could respec him to 3/5/5. I still wish I had Sighclops champed. I’m a little nervous about Sersi as special tiles reduce his board control but once he is rolling there are fewer turns so that should be fine. With HB I make an effort to match them to get them off the board. I tried him with Chavez, but she actively hindered SC with trap tile placement so switch back to Lokigator in Pick-3. I prefer his board shake and charged tile creation anyways. It will be interesting to see if Sersi and HB make too many special tiles to be an effective team. Maybe I will be the only player in the history of this game to hoard for Sighclops instead, haha.
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Got to 101k pts (1.3 progression) for rank 58 of 611 players. Lot’s of BRB/Kitty/Polaris beating on Hood. Whenever Hood wasn’t there to steal ap I switched to SC/HB.  Not bad. I remember the next event, Lost in Time, as being easy but that was probably because everyone is boosted the final day. We shall see if that holds for SCL10. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Playing the flip on Slice 2 for Lost in Time. It’s difficult but probably not more than Wakanda Forever or the Simulator. Funny thing. I recently champed Hulkbuster spending the last of my iso. That appears to have been poor roster management as now GEDoom is required and apparently I don’t have him rostered. But I have enough saved covers for Invisible Woman to get me a cover if I could just champ her right now. I’m only about 200k iso short, lol. Sigh. *edit never mind. I remembered I have a 3* farm with duplicates I can raid. I should probably consider converting them into 4* champs. 

Oh and Kaecilius is awful in the first day. I only managed 2 clears before he just kills everyone with strike boosted match damage. A champed BSSM would be welcome on my roster right now. 
  • Sekilicious
    I made it through progression in Lost in Time. Barely. My roster will have to improve a great deal to get through the final day with full points. Luckily I did not need them. I’m thinking that a champed Shang-Chi will help with difficult PvEs like this one. My current thought is to champ him after the current PvP season ends in 4 days. I’m pretty excited. I will keep updating this to share my thoughts about single champ MMR for PVP and PvE I think. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I made it through progression in Lost in Time. Barely. My roster will have to improve a great deal to get through the final day with full points. Luckily I did not need them. I’m thinking that a champed Shang-Chi will help with difficult PvEs like this one. My current thought is to champ him after the current PvP season ends in 4 days. I’m pretty excited. I will keep updating this to share my thoughts about single champ MMR for PVP and PvE I think. 
    So, for whatever reason, I haven't found this to be a really difficult event. Maybe I have just gotten lucky with the character boosts we've had when it comes around.

For sure, though, I think it's the most fun event. The final round with everyone boosted to 550 is a little taste of the billionaire's life!
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Yeah the last round is pretty fun, I agree. The 5e node with boosted Grocket, Gamora, and Medusa is crazy, even with all their counters. Blade, C4rol, and Medusa was tough too. I only managed a couple clears on each.

The main problem with an under levelled SC and BRB (with the Juggernaut winfinite) as a main source of damage is that the Dr. Strange nodes become very difficult. Colossus would have been nice. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yeah the last round is pretty fun, I agree. The 5e node with boosted Grocket, Gamora, and Medusa is crazy, even with all their counters. Blade, C4rol, and Medusa was tough too. I only managed a couple clears on each.

The main problem with an under levelled SC and BRB (with the Juggernaut winfinite) as a main source of damage is that the Dr. Strange nodes become very difficult. Colossus would have been nice. 
    There is an easy answer to Dr. Strange nodes: America Chavez. The only price is whatever you choose to invest in boosts... That's how I do it.
  • Sekilicious
    Oh yeah I agree. Especially with a 5* roster. I got through them with BRB taking all the damage and adding protects. It was fine since he healed it back using Carol’s Communicator. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Dammit, Apocalypse shards in Cosmic Chaos. I’m champing SC right after I finish progression on Kate’s PvP. 
    *edit - Champed Shang-Chi on Day 725. RIP MMR 
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    In breaking news, champed Shang-Chi is insane. He demolished the last day of the Hunt. First time I got full points on SCL10.  I switched to Gritty for the Pick-2 nodes with 3 non-tile movers as SC and Hulkbuster can be a little slow to getting going. Frankly that is the first time I didn’t use Polaris since champing her. 

The little I did in PvP hasn’t been bad. I have been running him at 3/5/5 with Gritty to some good effect.